Yamaha T7 TENERE Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by VTbeemer, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Fitz57

Fitz57 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    After Proleisure posted awhile back about getting bike from Roseville I decided to give it a shot last fri. Web page would only let me order from Reno Nev because it was closer so filled out form and got email, I was in. 2 days got another email that they were sold out. Said to call him because the second wave of bikes should arrive in Aug. Not sure what hoops I would have to go through to register in Ca. I’m pretty happy with my Xr650l so don’t mind Waiting till the next wave or wait till next year
  2. Solarbronco

Solarbronco Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    If companys started posting their stuff on this forum, without asking first or putting it in the right section it would be deleted here too. This very forum has the same rules. If i wanted to put a sign in your yard or place of business, would you want me to ask you first?
    If you want an unmoderated free for all, Facebook will always be there for you.

The thread is now live again, T7 and I had a chance to talk and it's all good.
    Meet@Trudys likes this.
  3. ProLeisure

ProLeisure Gimme shelter... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi neighbor. :-)

The Tenere 700 is 50 state legal so you won't have any issue registering the bike in California. My wife just bought a new Rebel 500 last week from a dealership in Reno Nevada. The salesperson said we could pay the sales tax at the time of purchase or wait and when we register the bike in California pay the taxes then. He suggested we pay when we register the bike because there's a slight difference in the two sales tax rates (ours being a bit lower), and it would just make the overall paperwork a bit easier.

Edit: When I put my location in on Yamaha's site to reserve the T7 the popup gave me several dealership options, the first two being in the Reno area and then the Roseville Motorsports location down in Rocklin which I now regret choosing.
  4. Fitz57

Fitz57 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Our tax is lower, I’m shocked. I kinda thought they were 50 state legal, but wasn’t sure. That gives me more options when the next wave shows up. Michaels Cycle Works is a lot closer. 25 miles from the Glenshire part of Truckee.
  5. combo

combo D S N

Oddometer:
    I'm not sure about the 50 state legal. California has a different model code Item #11. I don't know what the difference is other than the number?
    29BF2795-4730-47B5-A7DD-74BD6F99F581.jpeg
  6. combo

combo D S N

Oddometer:
    Lol..... MCMANN has a launch control on his keyboard.
  7. ProLeisure

ProLeisure Gimme shelter... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for that. I read somewhere a few months ago that the T7 was going to be 50 state legal, but I can't find the reference now. I'll try and dig it up again.
  8. goldentaco

goldentaco Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ON the WR250R the California models had a slightly lower fuel tank volume (1.9g vs 2.0) as there was some internal plumbing related to the charcoal canister plumbing that took up tank volume. Also CA bikes had a charcoal canister. Usually it's something similar accross the CA models.

I haven't found any US parts sites that list the Tenere700 yet.

J
    ProLeisure likes this.
  9. bmac

bmac Long timer

Oddometer:
    The panniers are more than adequate, they are excellent. They are Givi Trekker Outbacks and have been my go to options for my last couple of bikes.
  10. wolfbuzz

wolfbuzz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am speaking not of volume but more durability. Factory accessories can some times lack that "beefed up so you can drop it 1000 times on the trail" design influence.
  11. sbeck09

sbeck09 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I would confidently bet that the CA models have some additional emissions equipment. Back when I had my WR250 it was well known that the CA had a smaller fuel capacity and a different tank internally just to house more of that crap. I can only imagine what they do to these bikes as a 2021 model.
    RPM25 likes this.
  12. scridercoach

scridercoach Old crusty bast**d

Oddometer:
    @ProLeisure

I'm sorry you're going through this crap. It sounds distinctly as if the dealer is dicking around. I'm betting they thought they could circumvent the process and planned on ordering a few/bunch of bikes. Then told folks "yeah we got your bike" and then realized they F'd up. There's no reason it should take a week for them to figure it out and find your confirmation number. I'm not sure if contacting the Yamaha Regional rep is a good or bad idea, but I suppose you could try, then explain your situation and have them let you know your real status. Either way, it wouldn't hurt to tell them, even if you don't have one coming to you, they need to hear if dealers aren't representing them properly.
    Benduro likes this.
  13. Calibre

Calibre Canadian, eh.

Oddometer:
    The Outback Motortek has kind of a half-measure: a lip that deflects past the linkage pivot but doesn't quite cover it. It's the cheapest of the three if you're on a budget... I'm going AXP myself.
    [​IMG]
    Benduro and eakins like this.
  14. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    My TT skid plate on my 650GS has a design like that too. On that bike the center stand has a low hanging part instead and the the lip is suppose to protect it from catching/hitting.
  15. Stabilo_Boss

Stabilo_Boss Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Fair enough.

On a related note, is there a vendor section on the tenere700.net forum like there is here? or do vendors need to be supporters to post on the forum?
  16. Solarbronco

Oddometer:
    I vet all companies that want to advertise their stuff to avoid people getting scammed. I turn down many.

To be fair to this great forum, why don't you send me a private message over on that forum with any questions?
  17. Solarbronco

Oddometer:
    I haven't found any US parts sites that list the Tenere700 yet.

J[/QUOTE]

Revzilla is the largest in the USA and they have T7 parts listed. Twisted Throttle has parts listed. So does BellissiMoto.com , as well as 2wheeldynoworks.
    scoutxp likes this.
  18. texjet

texjet Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes I would prefer to not use valuable space on the bike to haul fuel. Been there and done that and for me it's a PITA.
  19. Johnny Rebellion

Johnny Rebellion n00b

Oddometer:
    MotoMachines has everything that Hepco & Becker make specifically for the T7. I stumbled across their site on Memorial day. 15% off, free shipping, no taxes!!! I pretty much ordered everything.
    Benduro likes this.
  20. Snowbird

Snowbird Cereal Killer

Oddometer:
    I asked my dealer and he sent back an email saying everything is taken care of. Done. Either I get the bike or I don't. No amount of pestering him would make it more certain. It's easy to forget the personnel are catering to many, many customers.