Yamaha T7 TENERE Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by VTbeemer, Apr 7, 2017.

1. goldentaco

goldentaco Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I should have been more clear. No Yamaha sites listing OEM parts (think Parts fiche) have the US Tenere listed yet. The U.K./Europe Yamaha OEM sites list it but not the US. Not Partzilla, Babbitt’s, or Yamaha’s own portal. And 2021 model bikes aren’t listed either yet which as we know includes the Tenere700.

J
  2. Razor85

Razor85 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Check Rocky Mountain ATV site. I looked yesterday and OEM parts were listed. I wanted to check part # for oil filter.
  3. goldentaco

Oddometer:
    Looks like they have the 2021 parts listed. Good to know.
    It figures, Yamaha wouldn't have this up yet.

J
  4. BaddAndy

BaddAndy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Under what cause I can't pull it on any dropdown.
  5. goldentaco

Oddometer:
    EIther from Google search "Rocky Mtn ATV" click OEM parts.

Or From their main page, upper Left under "Shipping notice" banner Click OEM Parts.

J
  6. wolfbuzz

wolfbuzz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I know that I would like to get some of the OEM chain and part protection peices; hopefully they're available in the US soon.
  7. Razor85

Razor85 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just went through OEM, Yamaha, motorcycle, 2021, all Tenere model #'s were listed. Screenshot_20200530-152733_Chrome.jpg
  8. RPM25

RPM25 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  9. wolfbuzz

wolfbuzz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  10. Harvey Krumpet

Harvey Krumpet Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    So does everything above it.
    Benduro, ProLeisure and RPM25 like this.
  11. layzrider

layzrider Layzrider

Oddometer:
    That big of a bash plate and the designers did not think it was necessary to cover the water pump ( I guess that is it on the right side). Over the years, I have seen several trail bikes dumped on their side, on a rocky section and damaging that area, like breaking the aluminum open. On the last several bikes, I have extended the bash plate to at least partially cover that area.
  12. RPM25

RPM25 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    i would get case covers in addition to skid plate
    upload_2020-5-30_20-2-13.png
  13. mcmann

mcmann Adventure Rider Junkie Supporter

Oddometer:
    I would prefer (Down-Under) Mad Mick’s Opinion . . .

I know . . . posted before.
    This is how you test a bike:

Benduro and ktmcrush like this.
  14. Gedrog

Gedrog 1000 mile stare a 1000 stories to tell

Oddometer:
    :locoADV bike of the year a 2 ton overweight pig
    Benduro, sanvara and mcmann like this.
  15. windblown101

windblown101 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Never owned a BMW but I kind of get it. The combination of superb comfort, power, and both on and off-road manors make it a pretty compelling bike if one has a thick enough wallet and isn't asking the bike to be more of a Rally bike rather than Adventure bike in use.

The T700 finishing 2nd is no shame. Lightweight, good manors, great motor. A bike that is as content getting after it a bit as it is just cruising along sniffing flowers is practically the very definition of Adventure bike. With the most competitive price of all of them plus it's more basic nature which appeals to a lot of ADV riders it's a great fit in this category of bikes. Yamaha took a shot at the whole ADV thing from a different perspective than BMW does and we the consumers win for the increased diversity.

Which bring us to 3rd place - The KTM 790R (Which I own) - Again, I understand it's placement in this test completely. It's offroad abilities are 2nd to none in this group for fast offroad when you want to rock'n'roll, but it's a bity rowdy in nature which isn't as welcome at the end of a long tiring day and it's motor does not have the low down grunty nature that is often a welcome trait on an ADV style bike.

4th place - Poor Honda... I test rode an older model. Thought it was a decent bike. Just didn't "do" anything for me. They completely roasted it in this review, LOL.
    Benduro, lvscrvs, Trip Hammer and 3 others like this.
  16. Dan D.

Dan D. Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah, what do they day? GSA... Not the best at anything, but the best at everything?
    Benduro likes this.
  17. Stabilo_Boss

Stabilo_Boss Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Screenshot 2020-05-31 at 18.51.23.png
    chilejack and mikegc like this.
  18. Dan D.

Dan D. Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Lol...
  19. Snowbird

Snowbird Cereal Killer

Oddometer:
    My guess is the T7 will outsell everything else on the market by a huge margin, followed by a minority of buyers whining loudly because they bought one and have enough disposable cash to try buying credibility. "I've owned both and blah, blah, blah..." If I was really going to ride the world (and having just turned 70, that's unlikely), the last bike I'd choose is any of the heavyweights. Me, I'm going to explore dirt highways open to the public in various states of repair from the well graded to the Horse Pasture Roads of the Appalachians. I'd love to ride out west, but that's probably not going to happen because I don't want to be away from my secluded 80 acres long enough to do it in detail. T7 is perfect for me. The first bike I'm more excited about than a KLR now that I ride some unpaved stuff.
  20. windblown101

windblown101 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Be careful... When I used the words T7 and KLR in the same sentence in this thread a while back I got roasted ( I said the T7 would be a KLR killer or something to that effect).

Not sure why it was viewed as an insult. How many KLRs have been sold? A bunch.

Is there any place in the world they have not taken riders? Probably not any place that any other travel bike has gotten to.

A modern and improved go anywhere pack mule is not faint praise. I guarantee if someone offered me a choice between a well sorted T7 and a well sorted 790 or BMW and told me you can keep any bike you choose for free but you have to travel from Alaska down to the tip of south america and back without a major breakdown that you can't fix yourself or you have to buy the bike I'd be jump on the T7.

Now if I wanted to go press my limits offroad WHILE traveling across the country or had to make an all pavement run across the country and back that would change my answers.