Yamaha T7 TENERE Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by VTbeemer, Apr 7, 2017.

1. JPbikepilot

JPbikepilot Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks MzunguMoto,

Great minds think alike. I already ordered PivotPegs and also see the need for some highway pegs. I still have the Kaoko throttle lock from my Dakar. Perhaps that might work. I'll check out all your other suggestions. I can feel my wallet getting thinner already.

Cheers!
  2. BygDaddee

BygDaddee Where do I get a pie

Oddometer:
    they are different in a little way
    Made in japan, not electric keyed which is probably and ECU change, and some journos have reported a fueling feel difference from the bikes they road at spain release which might also point to different/mod ECU
    Oh and there is some evedence fork springs rate got bumped up

will be interesting to see if any us tuners report some fork spring rate measures
    MzunguMoto and Meet@Trudys like this.
  3. MzunguMoto

MzunguMoto rode 15 countries, 180 more to go

Oddometer:
    I wonder if we should start a google sheet for bike build

Rows would be types of parts, followed by specific components. We’d list out the options, best pricing, source and alternate sources. Folks could tally off which ones they’ve installed or planned to order, and add comments about why. Would suss our popularity pretty quickly.

Anybody ever seen this kinda thing done well for a specific bike on other forums?

...IDK may be a dumb idea.
  4. JPbikepilot

JPbikepilot Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That’s not a bad idea. Perhaps we need to start a new threat entitled T-700 Farkles. My old BMW Dakar had a special non-ADVRider website called “The Chain Gang.” It was dedicated to maintenance, farkles and fixes. I’m unsure exactly how to do that here. We have 819 pages of wisdom in this thread but it’s not conveniently organized. Anyone have suggestions?
  5. MzunguMoto

Oddometer:
    I love The Chain Gang!

...another inmate pointed me here recently, and I do certainly like the format better... hard to do on ADVRider alone, no?

https://www.tenere700.net/forum/21-tenere-700-tech-tips/
  6. Meet@Trudys

Meet@Trudys Adventurer

Oddometer:
    tonyubsdell likes this.
  7. enewmen

enewmen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sorry for the late reply. But did you get a clear answer if the T700 can safely use 87 (AKI) octane? I would also like to know if 87 & 10% ethanol can/will cause pings on the T700. The closest answer I found online was using 90 RON in Europe.
    thanks!
  8. snowman394

snowman394 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Adventure spec goodies came in yesterday!!! Quality parts and light weight but seem really strong, would make me more confident in the aluminum crash bars at this point. The powder coating is top notch, and they were all install in 15 min. Also added some zip tys to try and keep the bug eye blinkers in place until I find some led options I like.

45DD738F-3A19-4C07-AB4B-C7BDD2498F9C.jpeg 1B0DC40F-532F-45CE-809A-F61CB5B20F65.jpeg 1B0DC40F-532F-45CE-809A-F61CB5B20F65.jpeg 97676AD4-97E1-41FA-8976-3598A196FD16.jpeg E1E80520-4B8C-4D1B-85B2-E6CAC354DC99.jpeg 245C650E-123E-4AB2-A0B4-E7A52713B398.jpeg
    Benduro, tonyubsdell and ProLeisure like this.
  9. MzunguMoto

Oddometer:
    I’m running 87 with 10% ethanol in California, as I did on my FZ07. Dealer said it runs better on 91. Fuel efficiency would suggest otherwise as I do better on 87. Not sure what the bike says it wants.
    enewmen likes this.
  10. windblown101

windblown101 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Woah. That's an unfaltering angle for those blinkers. "Does my ass look fat?" Well, yes it does, but not to worry, we'll get you a tail tidy soon.
    snowman394 likes this.
  11. quiktrip

quiktrip n00b

Oddometer:
    Anyone removed the kickstand from their T7? Embarrassingly, can't get mine off. If you look at parts list, I took #30, nut off, #32 bolt off, but #29 stud doesn't come off. Need to remove it to have it shortened before I use lowering links.
  12. BygDaddee

BygDaddee Where do I get a pie

Oddometer:
    you sure the main bolt doesn't just unscrew out then ?
  13. quiktrip

quiktrip n00b

Oddometer:
    Haven't figured out how. On the out side it is a stud. On the inside after removing #32 there is just a bushing. Can't see a way to reach the stud from that side
  14. advmgm

advmgm Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've tried both 89 and 91 in my FZ07 and went back to running 87 as mileage actually went down a little on the higher octane and no noticeable change it how it ran.
    enewmen and MzunguMoto like this.
  15. fredz43

fredz43 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Illinois (right by that road with a curve in it)
    Thanks for the pics of the AS items, snowman. In the profile pic of the rear rack, is the platform portion not level, or is that just the pic that makes it look like that?
  16. snowman394

snowman394 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    With the bike in riding position it’s basically designed to be flat. Unloaded on the kickstand it looks a little angled. let me know if there’s a better angle you want. These were just the excited new parts pictures
  17. fredz43

fredz43 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Illinois (right by that road with a curve in it)
    Ok, I thought that may be it. Thanks for the explanation. Your stuff looks good.
  18. uncle m

uncle m Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My (Canadian) T700 owner's manual recommends unleaded 95 RON or higher and not exceeding 10% ethanol. I had to look in Wikipedia because I had no idea of the relationship between RON and AKI, which is (RON+MON)/2. RON is usually 4 to 6 points higher than the AKI rating, which is what we see displayed on the pumps. I assume the Yamaha recommendation is equivalent to AKI 89 or 91. But if 87 works without pinging then might as well use it!
    enewmen likes this.
  19. millesecond

millesecond Adventurer

Oddometer:
    By the time my T7 gets here gasoline will be obsolete.
    lithodave, DORTx2, nordic1 and 3 others like this.
  20. enewmen

enewmen Adventurer

Oddometer:

Attached Files:

uncle m likes this.