Yamaha T7 TENERE Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by VTbeemer, Apr 7, 2017.

1. MeefZah

MeefZah Curmudgeonly Supporter

Oddometer:
    Interestingly I just sold a V2 to get a T7...
    gone2seed likes this.
  2. Bike Guy

Bike Guy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great decision
    Benduro likes this.
  3. BLZ2DWL

BLZ2DWL Roustabout Supporter

Oddometer:
    And I just sold an AT, which I had bought after selling a V2, so I could buy a T7. All great bikes, but good at different things.

Now if I could only find a T7....
  4. DirtRider....

DirtRider.... Wandering Turtle

Oddometer:
    what are you guys paying before tax for the T7?

my initial search show a lot of listing with dealer markups.
  5. afordableperformance

afordableperformance Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    MSRP Out The Door, TT&L is a separate cost goes thru state at a local tag agency.
  6. Kshaw

Kshaw Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I paid (just deposit so far) for my T7 last week and should be here in October. I’m in Texas and paid the msrp since it’s a fast selling bike. $9,999, out the door $11,363.
    norton73 and gone2seed like this.
  7. gone2seed

gone2seed Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    9,999.00+495.00 shipping+219.00 rally seat+8% tax+,title+plates. Knocked 395.00 off the top for his standard dealership discount.
    Possible Oct. delivery.
    ???
    norton73 likes this.
  8. dzrtracin

dzrtracin возьми

Oddometer:
    Everyone has payed MSRP on this bike... You payed in full upfront for your bike? Never seen that before! Would LOVE to see the detailed invoice please since you have it in hand:1drink
  9. MeefZah

MeefZah Curmudgeonly Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah that's a bold move for a tentative delivery date on a new bike!
  10. Kshaw

Kshaw Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Didn’t mean to give wrong impression. Question was how much you paid. That amount is how much I will pay, when it arrives. I just left a deposit. However I’ve purchased 2 other bikes from this dealer and both I actually did over the phone, sight unseen. I don’t want to travel all that way without working out deals beforehand.
  11. afordableperformance

Oddometer:
    Here's what mine looked like when I ordered it.

20200421204543348c404eb11d9dd0524_LI.jpg
    5001craig likes this.
  12. Bike Guy

Bike Guy Long timer

Oddometer:
    The dealer must have received a free bike from Yamaha Corporation
    Benduro likes this.
  13. Kshaw

Kshaw Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I hate the height of the bike. Unfortunately it’s the way it is. I cannot tell you how many times I dropped my WR250R because there was nothing there when I stuck my foot out. Now double the weight of the bike lol. I wish a lowering link didn’t mess with the suspension so much. As it is soon as I get it, I’m dropping it off at the suspension guy since I’m a fat ass.
    Vikingtazz likes this.
  14. rsteiger

rsteiger Bob Supporter

Oddometer:
    The the PDP process was messed up but some dealers managed to work through it.... others, like mine, did not.

However, that may have been a good thing. I was a bit frustrated at first but then on a recent solo trip to and around Arkansas on my DL650XT I really came to realized that I wanted a lighter bike (sub 400lbs) that could handle quick dashes on the pavement and be easier to ride (pick up) in non-pavement scenarios.... plus maybe do some single track on the side. Yeah a Unicorn... Didn't think I was going to find something that would work for me.

Then I rode my friend's 2019 KTM 690 Enduro R..... I was hooked. So I have a deposit on a 2020 690 Enduro R and will be an Orange Boy for a bit.
    Benduro likes this.
  15. afordableperformance

Oddometer:
    He's just a good dealer with reasonable overhead not trying to gouge customers. He sold his entire first batch at that price, even had a few guys come from out of state to buy from him. There are dealers out there that can survive on MRSP, you just need to find them!
    Bike Guy likes this.
  16. rsteiger

rsteiger Bob Supporter

Oddometer:
    Definately will require more upkeep than the Strom or my WR250R but it doesn't have all the wizbang electronics of the bigger bikes and the bike seems easy enough to work on... The oil changes are a bit ridiculous but I am use to those from my Beta 520 RR and my KTM 450 EXC.
    Benduro likes this.
  17. ktmcrush

ktmcrush Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'll never forget the day I picked up my 690. It had been decades of no riding. :fpalm

It was like a shot back to my 20s all over again. I was jumping for joy :happay

I sold my 690 r after four years, it was a 2014 (I lucked out it was a known "reliable KTM 690" year) never gave me a problem.

Although I knew many a problems were its future!

I sold the 690 exactly one week after receiving the T7, I only have room for one bike in reality - and I'm ok with that.

I was so happy the day after the 690 was sold. :kumbaya
    rsteiger, mcmann and gone2seed like this.
  18. gone2seed

gone2seed Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Crush, thank you for the input. My retirement gift was a 2018 ,Husky701 supermoto. Loved it! (got it for myself)
    Never cared for the gas tank under my a$$. Or the oil changes. Magic on the back roads tho.Traded for a used ‘16 GSA a year and a half later.
    Still miss it and every other bike I’ve sold. ( except the SV track rat, bitch continually tore me up!)
    Waiting on T7 now. Winter is coming . Will probably tear into the forks my self for something to do.
    ktmcrush and Benduro like this.
  19. ktmcrush

Oddometer:
    I'm no bike expert for sure. :jack

Don't get me wrong, the 7:00 a.m. rips on that 690 where like no other, especially on a Sunday morning around town with no asshat drivers around.

Like a swiss watch, it was just a matter of time, like stopping work...fffttt who knows if ever.

Like learning, I just kept learning, and I'll keep learning.

I hope your T7 comes soon, I know you've been waiting. 11 months wait for me.
    1 month of farkles. Done in CT, for the season (no garage). Other life things to attend to.

Did I say known reliable KTM year?

The below post, from a rider much more experienced than I'll ever be.

https://www.bigdogadventures.com/1KTM690.htm
  20. ktmcrush

Oddometer:
    From 690 to T7, the journey continues.
    Driving T7 to the beach.png