Yamaha T7 TENERE Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by VTbeemer, Apr 7, 2017.

1. BygDaddee

BygDaddee Where do I get a pie

Oddometer:
    51CF70FE-075D-4CD4-8B48-B4359C8EF052.jpeg
    FDDDDB4D-0075-4E82-98B7-7EC25DB550C5.jpeg
    36F4FA42-909D-469B-A363-EBF645526FF8.jpeg
  2. Snowbird

Snowbird Cereal Killer

Oddometer:
    Big reserve, I'd say. In aviation they say 1/3 out, 1/3 back, 1/3 reserve.
  3. gstt500

gstt500 Retired semi carpenter Supporter

Oddometer:
    I’ve noticed that too. I had vstrom I bought new it had a similar issue that got better as I racked up some miles and I suppose the gears “wore in”.
    Benduro likes this.
  4. worncog

worncog YBNormal Supporter

Oddometer:
    Benduro likes this.
  5. TNC

TNC Candyass Camper

Oddometer:
    While a little bit of extra storage under the seat isn't a bad thing, I think the major advantage of this component is how and where you can more easily and with more stability attach bags and other gear. As I stated earlier, I had to DIY mine on a Z650 to replace the relatively useless passenger seat so I could attach a much more useful rack bag in its place. And to go a step further, if you couple this passenger seat rack with an actual rear luggage/gear rack, it expands your carrying capability options even more. Strapping stuff to the factory rear passenger seat is doable, but its shape and surface are not optimal. This option to replace the passenger seat with an aftermarket or factory rack/plate is a pretty cool feature for these dual saddle bikes.
    ProLeisure likes this.
  6. amboss87

amboss87 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I ordered the B&B Mini Rear Rack and wait for it`s shipment. It could make an interesting combination with that component.
    TNC and krussell like this.
  7. MeefZah

MeefZah Curmudgeonly Supporter

Oddometer:
    I like the concept but I also like to scooch my ass back on the pass seat to move around. I fear the rack would lock me in one place. I was already hitting my ass against a simple tool kit I had strapped on to the passenger seat.
    tonyubsdell and Benduro like this.
  8. TNC

TNC Candyass Camper

Oddometer:
    I saw that rack while reading up on this part of the thread. Nice looking unit. It looks like it bolts to the rear of the bike over the passenger seat instead of replacing the passenger seat, correct? If that's the case, does it keep one from gaining access to the battery and such under the rider seat? I thought that Mono Seat Rack still allowed access, but I don't know for a fact. I fabricated the aluminum plate on my Z650 to mimic the hardware of the OEM passenger seat, so everything still locks and unlocks using the factory key and hardware on the bike. It also keeps the rider saddle locked in place. While gaining immediate access to the area under the rider and passenger seat on my bike isn't that critical as far as time goes, it's nice that everything still functions like intended from the factory. Not sure what's all under the T7 saddle.
  9. TNC

TNC Candyass Camper

Oddometer:
    Yes, what you're describing is the primary reason I did away with the passenger seat on my Z650. There was a stupid, aggressive, step-up at the passenger seat which aggravated the already tight ergos on my bike for my size. I experimented by removing the passenger seat and riding for a short while without it...not a permanent desired fix by any means but a good test.

I had already installed an onlygel.com saddle pad on my bike to gain more comfort and additional rider height from the pegs...and I hate sitting on vinyl on a street bike. They make various size/shape pads, and I chose the one with a foldable kick-up that fits the rider saddle almost perfectly...it has been a very comfortable and effective addition. Removing the passenger saddle allowed this gel pad to lay almost flat where the large passenger seat step-up had been. All of a sudden I had a comfy more roomy rider position. This is when I decided to make the aluminum plate to replace the passenger saddle.

I definitely get your desire to be able to push rearward some for riding comfort. I was still able to attach the small rack pack on the aluminum plate and still have room to "scootch" back. I think the T7 has more room back there than my Z650. As long as that Mono Seat Rack doesn't have an noticeable kick-up, I'd think it would be fine. A pure flat plate system would probably be better for attaching gear, etc.
  10. amboss87

amboss87 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Look up their site, they meanwhile issued an alternate version that mounts behind the passenger seat. Thats what I ordered because I sure want to be able to access the space under the seat without wrenching. Now I have to wait the estimated three weeks shipment:

11. Kshaw

Kshaw Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My dealer said that 3 bikes shipping 11/5, to be at dealer 11/7 according to his Yamaha rep. That’s good news. Looks like most will ship around the same time
    OklahomaRider and Snowbird like this.
  12. ktmcrush

ktmcrush Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Field of dreams. CT river to the right.
    Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 5.49.15 PM.png
  13. Liquidape

Liquidape Shiftless When Idle

Oddometer:
    Nice. Where along the CT River? Hook a CT homey up:lol3
  14. ktmcrush

Oddometer:
    Liquidape likes this.
  15. zbob

zbob Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Here’s a cheap mod, vinyl wrapped the little side windscreens. We’ll see how long it holds up.
    57DA9BD1-E611-44C2-B5EF-B3AA98E45CF8.jpeg
  16. ktmcrush

Oddometer:
  17. TNC

TNC Candyass Camper

Oddometer:
    Yes, very nice racks. Looks like nice skid plates too. It's funny on the semantics thing. I'd call what you ordered a luggage or pack rack...goes behind the existing passenger seat. I'm with you on needing/wanting to get under the seat easily. That was what made my DIY aluminum passenger plate more complicated to make as I wanted the plate to be removed and locked just like the stock seat.
  18. O Captain My Captain

O Captain My Captain Upsetting the apple cart

Oddometer:
    Looks really good. I've been thinking of doing this. Where did you get the vinyl wrap?
  19. zbob

zbob Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I suck at anything sticker related and this was pretty easy. This matte black matches the black on the tank really well EBC39060-2108-4B0E-A361-0977A820A60B.png
  20. Angryneutron

Angryneutron n00b

Oddometer:
    Did you wrap both sides of the screen, or just the outside?