Yamaha T700 Tenere owners thread

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by BDG, Jul 17, 2019.

1. BDG

BDG Long timer

Oddometer:
    The kriega's mount to a plate which is bolted to the pannier frame, then there are 2 loops at the top with fittings that go through the mounting plate, then 2 straps that go through the bottom of the mounting plate back up to the top fittings so it can all be cinched tight so they don't move or flap about.
  2. boboneleg

boboneleg we can rebuild him.

Oddometer:
    That looks a neat job Sean, are those the Yamaha pannier racks?
  3. BDG

BDG Long timer

Oddometer:

Hi Bob, they are indeed Yamaha racks.
    boboneleg likes this.
  4. lithodave

lithodave brachy850 Supporter

Oddometer:
    Very nice. On the Yamaha EU website, the Build Your Own Bike section has accessories such as the Explorer Pack, which includes Bigger bash plate, hard cases, protection bars etc. Have not seen anyone over there with that pack fitted from photos posted. Looks like it would be nice and popular option. For sure for me! But your outfit looks great.
  5. v4n4tX

v4n4tX Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello from Austria. Isn't that bike screaming: Take me to the end of the world?
    I ride a lot of different bikes, but it's only the Tenere which gives me that special feeling of endless opportunity. What a great ride!

Attached Files:

6. BDG

BDG Long timer

Oddometer:
    I’ve been half way round the world on a KTM so maybe I do the other half on. Yamaha
    Janus9 likes this.
  7. 3TD00900

3TD00900 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    IMG_4704.jpg

IMG_4705.jpg

Do it yourself soft bag Panier.
    Build by a German Forum Buddy.
    Hittman, zivi123, DavidM1 and 2 others like this.
  8. Junglejeff1

Junglejeff1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice job.I restore quite a few bikes and mod many others.A cool little trick after sanding the plastic give it a quick scorch with a propane torch.Almost looks factory afterwords. Gets rid of white sanding scratches quick.
    Jory and Tobers like this.
  9. Chalk

Chalk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just done the first measured tank full. 76.5 mpg, as already reported the dash mpg is pessimistic saying 70 mpg.
    Just getting better and better with miles.
  10. philratton

philratton Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Uk gallons, right?
  11. Chalk

Chalk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes
  12. Quercus petraea

Quercus petraea Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That is 3,7L/100km

Whas that on a easy ride?
  13. Tobers

Tobers Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In this video we find out how easy it is to pick up a T7 and a highly modified KTM 690. We also ask die-hard KTMer and Bearded Bald Biker Andy B if he'd swap his KTM 690 for the T7, discuss what makes a good TET bike, and do some squelchy offroad stuff.

14. Chalk

Chalk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Obviously I’m still running it in but mostly two up. Running around on back roads between 50-70 mph. Using the acceleration so not babying it.
    Quercus petraea and Samanjo like this.
  15. MCGMB

MCGMB Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Some more great content there @Tobers

Keep 'em coming :thumb
    lithodave and Tobers like this.
  16. Junglejeff1

Junglejeff1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Excellent review from real riders.The 70/30 rating seems very realistic to me.
  17. BDG

BDG Long timer

Oddometer:
    An excellent review and analysis. My personal opinion at the risk of getting flamed is I’ll be using my T7 mainly on the road plus a few easy trails. For serious adventure riding I’ll still use my 690. Why? Well it’s a Lyndon Poskitt bike so it’s not a production bike. I’ve done over 30,000 miles round Europe, American BDR’s and from the UK to Mongolia. It’s lighter, far better suspension and far better fuel range so it’s not really a fair comparison. For Siberian bogs I’d probably prefer a 500. I’ve ridden half way round the world but that still leaves a hell of a lot left to do. If the route had some serious off road I’d always take a lighter bike but if the road was road and easier off road the T7 would be seriously tempting. I’m very impressed with the T7.
    boboneleg, Tobers, DavidM1 and 2 others like this.
  18. KiwiHayd

KiwiHayd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi there, I've been enjoying your vids so keep them up please, and love the banter between mates.

I'm curious as you both mention the T700 weight being similar as the 950/990 and how it should of been lighter. The T700 wet fully fueled is still lighter than a dry 990 by 5ish Kilos.

I sat on a T700 with rallye seat last week and it felt alot smaller/slimmer and def a little lighter than my 09 990R which is the lightest 990 made with no ABS.
  19. boboneleg

boboneleg we can rebuild him.

Oddometer:
    Mine will be used much the same, I have my DR650 for the Alps, Pyrenees etc , I will use mine mainly on the road but also some blasts around Salisbury Plain.
    BDG likes this.
  20. powder85

powder85 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Honestly guys, in my 4000km experience with the T7, it's very versatile but if you are going to be mainly on the road, I'd look at a Tracer instead, much more stable on road.
    I82l8 likes this.