Yamaha T700 Tenere owners thread

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by BDG, Jul 17, 2019.

1. r65guy

r65guy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The T7 is already released though?
  2. PJS

PJS Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I got almost the same result. Front sag OKish for me at 78kg. On the rear standard setting is 10 clicks from soft. To get 60mm (60mm is 30% of 200mm) sag I must go to about 16-17 clicks on preload adjuster. Max preload is 24 CLICKs.....

So I Guess the rear spring is good up to 90ish kg.....,but if you ride with alot of luggage and/or passenger. You would probably be better off with stiffer spring to set correct sag.
  3. true grip

true grip Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is your 78kg with your gear on? I’m 83kg without gear on and my Mosko loaded to tour probably go another 10kg.
  4. PJS

PJS Adventurer

Oddometer:
    No gear. In normal clothing. So about 80kg. Will be more with riding gear. This was just a quick measurement. Will do it with riding gear later.
  5. true grip

true grip Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks PJS
  6. Tharaphita

Tharaphita Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Buy you can reflash it to have much less engine breaking. Alot on mt07 owners do that for wheelies
  7. boboneleg

boboneleg we can rebuild him.

Oddometer:
    How many of you are in the same position as me, paid your deposit but still waiting for your bike. I have now been told early October by my dealer but I'm not counting my chickens at the moment.
    gpfan likes this.
  8. Peelcrf

Peelcrf Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi there I orderd mine on the 20th of May and have just been told it will be here on the 16-17th of September.
  9. r1d3rg652gs

r1d3rg652gs Tenere700

Oddometer:
    Has anyone installed the side protection pads? Do they help grip better the bike while standing up?
    [​IMG]
    I read somewhere that they make the seat feel taller because they spread the legs a bit.
  10. boboneleg

Oddometer:
    That's good news, a lady who ordered hers in April from the dealer I'm using still doesn't know when hers is due.
  11. Wildmojo2

Wildmojo2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I ordered on the last day of the presale and the bike is delivered at the dealer yesterday..
    boboneleg, jacinto and BaldKnob like this.
  12. Aleksandar_the_Great

Aleksandar_the_Great Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Tenere 700 test ride completed. One hour in the saddle and after having a think about what I have tested and how this bikes compares to the rest of the bikes and my Gs I am sharing my experience.
    Riding position : for me 6.4 perfect even without the addition of rally seat. Handle bars are absolutely spot on, the best possible position I have tested so far. Better than the Gs adventure.
    I would like to try the rally seat and see if it is something that I would need as this makes it more comfortable for the knee angle but might require bar raisers with the additional height.
    Screen is very nice and buffeting is less than on my Gs adventure, almost none. This is amazing as with my height there are not alot of bikes that offer clean air.
    Suspension and handling : at first it was very awkward as the bike handles different than my gs 1200 adventure and I needed 20 min to get used to it. The dive under braking is bigger than on the Gs but nothing that has bothered me.
    Handles easier and after 45 min in the saddle I felt like this is going to be loads of fun. You can push in the corners with confidence.
    The fear of 21 inch tyre is not there anymore, it felt not alot different than my 19 inch.
    Engine and gearbox: engine is smooth everywhere and pulls nicely, love the sound of it under load. The amount of power is enough for what I would want from my next bike and o loved the fact that you can use the power and not do silly spreads.
    Gearbox was better than on the boxer alot quicker to change gear and felt precise with no hickups.
    Engine needs and exhaust to make a nicer sounds.
    Braking and tyres: Brakes lack the initial bite from brembos I'm used to but after a while you get used to and adapt quickly, might be needing a more aggressive pads for my liking as I'm not going to be using the bike off-road.
    Back brake is not as good as I would have liked it to be but again this might need more time in the saddle.
    Tyres are definitely not my cup of tea although after 30 min I felt like they are not that bad as the first impression but would definitely change to something more street orientated.
    Seat is firm but I prefer harder seats than sofas like on my Gs adventure.
    Overall the bike is something that most tall riders will appreciate and the combined with a very smooth engine low weight and a very good price I think it is a winner.
    After all the bikes I have tried the only fear I had was that this bike will not handle as I would like it to but it surprised me and even with a 21 inch tyre I am happy to say its the perfect bike for me and the type of riding I do.
    The search has come to an end because I have put a deposit down :clap:clap:lol3with expected delivery for January next year. I will probably push the dealer for end of Feb or March delivery because of the winter months but we will see if I can live without this bike for that long.
    I hope the review is useful for other riders that are thinking to buy this bike.
  13. markvb

markvb n00b

Oddometer:
    I ordered back in May. Contacted my dealer (Alfords in E Kent) yesterday who said they're waiting for an exact delivery date, but that 'all deliveries are running to schedule' so they expect it in about 2 weeks time. No prob for me as I'm out of UK on my @ until October.
    boboneleg likes this.
  14. r1d3rg652gs

r1d3rg652gs Tenere700

Oddometer:
    Yamaha said that all pre-ordered bikes will be delivered until end of September. In October bikes will be available for purchase in local dealers...Maybe in the UK there is a different kind of arrangement.
  15. Aleksandar_the_Great

Aleksandar_the_Great Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have been told nothing will be delivered for buying from the showroom floor as the demand is higher that they can offer at the moment and every bike is on order only.
    This might be the dealers wanting to secure more bikes but it's not the only dealer saying this.
    Aleks
  16. kaertner

kaertner Long timer

Oddometer:
  17. r1d3rg652gs

r1d3rg652gs Tenere700

Oddometer:
    MAybe dealers placed an order in the pre-order yamaha online system that was running until 31.07...so they got a bike...
    Peter1969 likes this.
  18. kaertner

kaertner Long timer

Oddometer:
    Whatever but the bikes are available to buy from certain dealers without waiting and these are just two sources, many probably won't even show on line.
    gpfan and Peter1969 like this.
  19. kaertner

kaertner Long timer

Oddometer:
    gpfan likes this.
  20. boboneleg

Oddometer:
    I think they may be a bit behind their schedule for UK :2cry
    Peter1969 likes this.