Yamaha T700 Tenere owners thread

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by BDG, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Tobers

Tobers Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Proper knobblies would be in order I think. But it's not "bad" on the standard tyres, so probably not worth changing for occasional green laning (drop pressures should be OK), but for more frequent or serious offroad stuff you'd need to get gnarlier tyres.

Tend to get about 170-180 before the Empty flashes, then there seems to be numerous litres after that. I reckon 230-250 miles per tank easy enough. Maybe I'll do the "put a spare fuel container on the back and ride till you run out" challenge.

We're metric when it suits us :-)

That'll be "tuppence" Norman.
    97707 and Norman Foley like this.
  2. emidyl

emidyl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    was that from the dealer I suppose? Website says early summer so earlier is better seeing as it is out already. You get an idea what kind of wait times you could expect? I might call my local guy to see what level of interest there is up here.
  3. zoo

zoo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    170 before empty flashes, not in a dirt environment, not a chance. As some have mentioned, do not ever expect to get 200 miles out of your t7 in the back country. That is where they blow it. They built an excellent adventure bike but forgot the fuel needed to do it. I would have given anything to be the proud owner of one of these, but I am not going back to the day of having to spend $800 on an extra fuel can and having to figure out when to fill it and then have to remove my luggage to do so. They made a bike that can't go a lot of places.
  4. DavidM1

DavidM1 Stir crazy

Oddometer:
    Grain de sel?
    Michel59 likes this.
  5. AdvNener

AdvNener Long timer

Oddometer:
    800$ for a fuel can :dunno
    eakins likes this.
  6. boboneleg

boboneleg we can rebuild him.

Oddometer:
    I hear what you're saying where you live with those wide open spaces but for us in Europe that's plenty of range, bigger tank would mean more weight.
    angustoyou and Peter1969 like this.
  7. ScorpionT16

ScorpionT16 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    $800 fuel can? ouch... I'm sure for you guys there will be aftermarket tanks to add to the T7. They didn't blow anything, just catered to 95% of us who are okay with it and don't want a fatter/heavier larger tank.
    angustoyou and Peter1969 like this.
  8. kaertner

kaertner Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep, I love the infrastructure in Europe.
  9. TheMuffinMan54

TheMuffinMan54 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yep got that info from my dealer, who also happens to be my employer so they usually give me the no BS answer lol...May/June delivery is what the Yamaha reps told our sales manager at the Yamaha dealer meeting a couple weeks ago, which aligns with what the public PR is saying so far. They are saying a deposit before end of December guarantees you a bike for next summer, but they are still on a first deposit=first delivery basis and I’m sure there are certain dealer allocation limits in place so if you want one next year better do it sooner than later I’d say.
    996DL likes this.
  10. emidyl

emidyl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    spoke to my local dealer today, and they were thinking by mid-late June to July based upon previous release dates. Apparently I am the first to call at this dealer, although he has heard of other dealers with more interest.
  11. Twentyniner

Twentyniner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone know if all colors will be available in the U.S., or just the black and blue one. The new A.T. looks awesome in red, but you can only get it in black for the standard version here. Not sure why they do that, loosing sales if you ask me.
  12. stromsavard

stromsavard Serge

Oddometer:
    A.T. Sucks anyway...
    gpfan likes this.
  13. emidyl

emidyl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  14. ssandijss

ssandijss Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can someone, who bought SW Motech crashbars, post some pictures with them on the bike? I'm ready to buy, but need confirmation that they don't look ugly on the bike!
    gpfan and SW-MOTECH NA like this.
  15. SW-MOTECH NA

SW-MOTECH NA Proudly distributed by Twisted Throttle

Oddometer:
    I am sure you'll get some other responses, but here is SW Motech's bike in the R&D shop, with the crash bars mounted.
    Have fun!!

T7--2.jpg

The Red Bull Team of SW Motech NA
    Xchemie, eakins, ssandijss and 2 others like this.
  16. ScorpionT16

Oddometer:
  17. ScorpionT16

Oddometer:
    anyone know if the headlights housing can be opened easily? I'd like to change the silver components to black, like the T7 Concept bike was
  18. miotacztruskawek

miotacztruskawek Adventurer

Oddometer:
  19. windblown101

windblown101 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  20. vander

vander full-time dreamer

Oddometer:
    Hi owners!

Is the radiator protector any good? I broke a 660 radiator in a pretty inocent crash once and don't want to repeat that.
    What makes me suspicious is the protector is listed with the "cosmetic" parts, rather than "protection conponents"

Item BW3-E24D0-00-00

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/baltic/...or-protector-bw3-e24d0-00-00/bw3-e24d0-00-00/

I could extend the question to the OEM skid plate. BW3-F84R0-00-00