Yamaha T700 Tenere owners thread

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by BDG, Jul 17, 2019.

1. ktmmitch

ktmmitch Long timer

Oddometer:
    T7 Review by MAD TV in Australia

2. tonyubsdell

tonyubsdell Ténéré Supporter

Oddometer:
    actual setup. will definitely change in the near future due to availability of upgraded suspension and exhaust. and due to daily changing mind about colour schemes. rattle cans at the ready...
    front micro indicators hidden behind the screen. rear indicators will be relocated to a less vulnerable place. B6BB9E41-45E5-4ADA-85AA-66AE5AD7BB03.jpeg BE4A9B3D-A88A-44E8-B546-9388492ECDB6.jpeg

cheers,
    wolfram BFCCD2D7-FB74-47FC-A59C-25095515C4F3.jpeg
  3. ridewv

ridewv Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting, it looks like a nice rack for laying a Drybag across the rear seat, and or laying soft saddle bags across.

IIRC there's a rather large open area between the left of the rear tire and left cover below the seat. Is anyone making a dedicated storage box to fit?

4. lrgart

lrgart 2 wheels and a motor, I’m in!

Oddometer:
    He was ripping that mf around those trails!!!!
  5. victay

victay Enthusiastic Noob

Oddometer:
    Some interesting mods you are doing there Wolfram. I like the idea of the led indicators tucked behind the screen. Might look at doing something similar one day in the future, but with a longer strip of leds to make them more visible. What will you be doing to plug the hole from where the Oem indicators were?

Have you considered doing some sort of integrated tail light?Removes the problem of having rear indicators in vulnerable position.
    tonyubsdell likes this.
  6. Meet@Trudys

Meet@Trudys Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am still hoping DRC/12 O’clock Labs comes out with an integrated tail light kit for the Tenere. It was a slick and clean install on the CRF.
    RPM25 likes this.
  7. victay

victay Enthusiastic Noob

Oddometer:
    I'm normally a rather reserved, conservative type person, but something about this LOUD decalmoto sticker kit spoke to my inner bogan/redneck or perhaps it was it to my inner rally racer? I just had to have it. My riding skills certainly don't match up to my bikes expectations...but we can all dream.
    BTW complete PITA installing decals. Hats off to anyone that does this for a living.

20200201_103744 DSC02271.jpg
  8. tonyubsdell

tonyubsdell Ténéré Supporter

Oddometer:
    thank you for the compliment. i envy you guys to be able to live in such a great country. far enough away from most (political) problems...
    i am in fact a bit proud of the front indicators hidden position tucked safely away. i had bought them first and when thinking of a place to fit them it all of a sudden dawned on me to use that tiny space.
    when you stare at them they are really bright, maybe not so in the brightest dailyght. your version might be safer.
    not so happy i am with the rear indicators. officially they need to be 18 cm away from each other to fulfill german legislation...
    i might replace them with a version that has the rear light, the brake light(s) and the indicators in the same compact housings. they would have to „disappear“ right and left beside the number plate light under the small black plastic fairing i cut off an old ducati diavel fender.
    the remaining holes where the front indicators used to live will be shut with something i will cut out of something plastic. this place might be ideal for a bracket for additional light or a compact camera. this is a vulnerable place though when the ténéré tipps over. if there is no crash bar.
    to prove i am a funny person i might have a tiny furr animal have stick its head out ;-)
  9. DORTx2

DORTx2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How did they get that rotopax mounted on the side rack?
    x32792 likes this.
  10. BygDaddee

BygDaddee Where do I get a pie

Oddometer:
    these guys make racks in Aus, low and forward

RideADV.com.au

88327579-0486-4CD8-97AF-EA17E6EECB90.jpeg
  11. BygDaddee

Oddometer:
    GB Racing Case Savers, Tripple Clamp Moto Water Pump Cover, R&G Exhaust Shield

7EA9FEFC-8914-4D5F-BB5C-7E11E5BE0672.jpeg
    4AAFF5A4-867A-47D2-B2AB-805F480C4415.jpeg
  12. MrNemobody

MrNemobody Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not availlable yet, but i'm hardly waiting it. Seems to be the best one for soft luggage.
  13. Heipaal

Heipaal Always the hard way

Oddometer:
    You have a link to their shop?
  14. r1d3rg652gs

r1d3rg652gs Tenere700

Oddometer:
    I think those crashbars are outback motortek.
  15. BygDaddee

Oddometer:
    the crash bars are
  16. BygDaddee

Oddometer:
  17. powder85

powder85 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has anyone revalved the forks and shock yet and has any idea about the stock valving/shim stack?

I feel my suspension very harsh on rocks, I have tried all sorts of combinations with the clickers but still deflects like crazy over them. On street riding, potholes and speed bumps are very noticiable.
  18. ktmmitch

ktmmitch Long timer

Oddometer:
    Get the sag set correctly before worrying about damping, should be 10% static, 30% rider, so 20mm & 60mm respectively for rear end.
    The stock shock spring is set for around 65kg rider, so not but use in Europe & US
    powder85 likes this.
  19. Quercus petraea

Quercus petraea Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Look at Outback-Motortek racks. They also allow mounting a rotopax in the inner side.
    Meet@Trudys likes this.
  20. victay

victay Enthusiastic Noob

Oddometer:
    Yeah...so this fell on the floor while moving one of our bikes around in the garage. Spent a good hour trying to find where it came from. 99.99% sure its definately not from the bike.

If someone out there is missing a fairing bolt, looks like we got yours. Lol :)
    20200205_220616.jpg
    Aarslikkerdanny and Eatmore Mudd like this.