Yamaha T700 Tenere owners thread

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by BDG, Jul 17, 2019.

1. motormad

motormad Hasbeen Racer

Oddometer:
    Bought from eBay over a year ago. It was for the Africa Twin.
    4FA06F69-03E0-4AC3-ADEE-1E1DFF3B2CD9.jpeg
    Junglejeff1 and x32792 like this.
  2. Michel59

Michel59 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you very much!
    I will spend some time on my lathe and milling machine to make mine.
    Seems not so complicated to make it with 3d printer, but I don't have one...
  3. ktmmitch

ktmmitch Long timer

Oddometer:
    Coming to Rally Raid Products in the UK tomorrow, first stop is Tractive Suspension next week in Nederlands for Tom Glazemakers and the team to work their magic.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  4. pretbek

pretbek Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wouldn't you want to ride it for a few months first?
    You could perhaps discover that the suspension is pretty good (or not).
    If not that, then at least you first get used to the OEM suspension and even more appreciate the upgrade to Tractive magic.
    Speedtrap, gpfan, twasp and 5 others like this.
  5. x32792

x32792 Cracker American

Oddometer:
    @ktmmitch For the Vertically Challenged (and short of legs) will you offer some form of lowering arrangement like that found on the old mighty DR650 - slugs in front suspension and secondary attachment hole on rear? From memory, I think they'd go up and down about 1.4" (+/- 35mm).
  6. Gustavo

Gustavo Motociclista Errante

Oddometer:
    For most of us, I fully agree, your advice is spot on. But I suspect this bike was bought equal parts for Mitch's riding enjoyment and as much as a development bike for T7 products that they can sell at Rally Raid.

Gustavo
    JMo (& piglet) and pretbek like this.
  7. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
    Yep, that is pretty much it - of course the stock suspension is going to be great for plenty of people - lots of adjustment there already... but equally there will be a number of owners who are either looking for higher quality damping control, and/or the option to tailor the spring rates for their own personal riding style/weight that the stock components can provide.

That's why the aftermarket is there, to provide a wider range of options than OEM can offer.

Jx
    HardWorkingDog and chinditone like this.
  8. ktmmitch

ktmmitch Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes Gustavo, now I am recovering from my full hip replacement and have sold my African twin so I intend to spend my newfound fitness riding and travelling on the Yamaha 700. but the guys at tractive suspension are looking to do some development work for the T7 and it fits in nicely with my intention to use it more for overland travel than rallying, so I will be using soft luggage and Garman Montana GPS before I hopefully go to Morocco in October to follow some of the rally routes that I raced on a few years ago on the Atuareg Rally
  9. neanderthal

neanderthal globeriding wannabe

Oddometer:
    Here, but lost. Am I lost if i know i'm here?
    Any chance you remember the name? I just looked and couldn't find that one.
  10. twinrider

twinrider Pass the catnip

Oddometer:
    No money in that if you're in the bike customization business.
    Hittman and flinders_72 like this.
  11. x32792

x32792 Cracker American

Oddometer:
    ^^I had the temerity to suggest most of my fellow Beemer riders didn't need fancy maps to ride down to Starbucks -- Butler Maps went nuts. It's all about how you pay for your groceries. :)
    gpfan likes this.
  12. BDG

BDG Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well I've finally got it so here are my first impressions.

Lovely smooth responsive engine, torquey and flexible.

Comfortable riding position for me at 6' 2" though the seat is not great, just like a KTM. Screen works pretty well for me at speed. Handles well on road and off road though only done easy trails so far. It feels small and light even though it isn't light. A little snatchy throttle response low down but I'm getting used to it. I love the looks in red and white. I can just feel the clutch cover sometimes but it doesn't bother me.

EDIT. throttle play and chain adjusted and the snatchiness is gone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  13. Chalk

Chalk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well mine should be in my garage tomorrow night if all goes well
    pretbek, BDG and ACR like this.
  14. x32792

x32792 Cracker American

Oddometer:
    Eagerly reading this Owners' Thread to learn how people set up their new T7s.
    Bill Dirt likes this.
  15. al803

al803 Tenere700

Oddometer:
    Hello, fellow Tenere 700 owners. I want to ask something related with the electronic system of order. When you applied, you got an email asking you to verify your order and then when you verified your order a second email came that said the order is verified and there will be a third email that will provide info about the next steps...right? When you received the 3rd email was there a date of arrival of the bike and then you paid the deposit or you paid the deposit beforehand and then came an email with the date of arrival of the bike?
  16. BDG

BDG Long timer

Oddometer:

My third email said deliveries would start in September
  17. al803

al803 Tenere700

Oddometer:
    Ok and then after the 3rd email you paid the deposit right?
  18. LongTracks

LongTracks Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Mine also said September even though I only joined the list in late July... and the factory is on holiday right now... so I wouldn't give too much on that :lol3
    My dealer didn't need a deposit. I just signed the contract and full payment is due at delivery
  19. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
    If you look at the Tenere accessory list, Yamaha are already offering a lowering link kit:

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/gb/en/p...s/lowering-kit/BW3-F2205-00-00/?path=/?page=2

They also offer a lower seat option too (either individually or combined as a 'kit' with the dog-bone links) - that ought get the seat height suitable lower if desired.

Jx
    3rdgeargrndrr likes this.
  20. BDG

BDG Long timer

Oddometer:
    I paid my deposit after the second email I think. I got all 3 emails the same because as soon as I’d placed the order via the Yamaha website I rang the dealer and chased them to sort it there and then