Yamaha T700 Tenere owners thread

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by BDG, Jul 17, 2019.

1. TimmyTheHog

TimmyTheHog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    upload_2020-3-3_12-23-5.png
  2. gmtech

gmtech Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    neat. how accurate is the outside . on my tenere 1200 its about 5 degrees higher than actual temp.
  3. Aarslikkerdanny

Aarslikkerdanny Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Does anybody know (were to find) which crashguards are compatible with the Yamaha OEM skidplate? Tempted to buy the OEM crashguards but the weight is bothering me,..
  4. mcmann

mcmann Adventure Rider Junkie Supporter

Oddometer:
    Try contacting the vender directly. The Givi crash bar weighs 3.63 kg. You may have to modify the upper Skidder corners for clearance.

1771C8E8-5FC4-4440-A79C-006C6E7FAE99.jpeg

Attached Files:

Aarslikkerdanny and tonyubsdell like this.
  5. toxies1

toxies1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Went on a 1200km round trip over a two day trip absolutely fantastic bike handling wise and engine/gearing, but for what is a touring adventure bike the seat sucks, probably would've been more comfortable on piece of wood, managed to get a sheepskin to help a bit, can't seem too find a comfort seat anywhere, the other issue is range when you ride with a bit of gusto, which is difficult not to do in the twistys
  6. MrNemobody

MrNemobody Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The way you put the pipe, at the beginin of the arm, is truely better than the way the oem is placed to my eyes :thumb
    tonyubsdell and eddyturn like this.
  7. tonyubsdell

tonyubsdell Ténéré Supporter

Oddometer:
    agree, but it cuts out the option tu use pillion pegs at the original position. i can live with it and if need be the fixing point needs to be slightly relocated.
    i am quite happy with the outcome so far, the future will tell if the new position will keep the end can more out of harm when the going gets tough.

cheers,
    wolfram
    MGG and Wonger20 like this.
  8. rsteiger

rsteiger Bob Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not sure if the original poster was referencing anything in Google but I know my company has several facilities world wide and the outbreak is impacting sales and delivery but the biggest impacts affect the implementation of projects in our manufacturing facilities. In many cases we have travel bans in place to some of our sites which leads to us delaying projects to some degree.

So to me it would stand to reason that there is a good possibility that the virus has the potential to impact schedules especially if you consider the total supply chain involved. Then again a good Project Manager is always worth more than what you are paying him in these situations.
    mcmann and tonyubsdell like this.
  9. Aleksandar_the_Great

Aleksandar_the_Great Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's been a while, but tomorrow I'm going to have a chat with a local wheel builder.
    Looking to use the original hubs and respoke the wheels to either 17 front and back or keep the 18 in the back and do 18 in front as well...
    Might be the first t7 (if I move quick enough).. in the world with supermoto setup.
    Couple questions : speedo reading? How bad is the reading from 21 to 17...?
    I'm thinking of replicating the mt07 ring to fit the t7 but waiting for dealer to answer if this is the way forward..
    Anyone used a high fender and want to share some pictures?
    Aleks
    madrider5150 likes this.
  10. SlipChip

SlipChip Adventure Commuter

Oddometer:
    Front tire choices in the 18" size are pretty limited. DAMHIK
    lithodave and Harvey Krumpet like this.
  11. twinrider

twinrider Pass the catnip

Oddometer:
    Why not buy new hubs? Then you can retain the original wheels to sell with the bike later or sell them now to offset the cost of the motard wheels.

Btw, I would go 17" on both ends for the best tire selection.

That said, I do remember one guy who motarded a 750 Africa Twin and complained that it scraped in the corners. You might be better off just buying road tires like Michelin Road 5s for the current wheels. I doubt you will outride their capability on public roads.
  12. al803

al803 Tenere700

Oddometer:
    Supermotard means 17 and if I were Yamaha I would consider it a bad idea but it would be interesting to see how it pans out...meaning that it may give an idea to Yamaha to build a supermoto version with the 690 crossplane engine...that's good for those interested in supermoto etc. But t700 is a beauty for what it is...it has that Dakarish look...so a front rim 18 or 17 destroys that...that's a nice way to make the 790R look much better than the T700...
  13. flinders_72

flinders_72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    You could pour acid all over the T700 and run it over with a train and it's still look better than the 790.
  14. Aleksandar_the_Great

Aleksandar_the_Great Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    New hubs are hard to get and drive the cost of the build very high, 17 both ends I think this is the way forward and will give a better tyre choice. Road 5s are not available for a 21 inch front.
    I am not sure why you would scrape with 17/17 as it is still a tall bike and the SM conversions from ktm dont have this type of issue..
  15. madrider5150

madrider5150 Riding somewhere

Oddometer:
    This is my plan if I buy one
  16. boboneleg

boboneleg we can rebuild him.

Oddometer:
    150 mile run today to the coast, shit covered roads, frost and floods but still enjoyable on this bike :D

IMG_6289.jpeg
    SMURPH, tomekc, madrider5150 and 7 others like this.
  17. DavidM1

DavidM1 Stir crazy

Oddometer:
    ^ Good to see M/C parking at the front.
    SMURPH, tonyubsdell and TimmyTheHog like this.
  18. hombacher

hombacher Niederrheiner

Oddometer:

You will scrape. It already happens with the actual 21/18 wheel size, if it is ridden ambitious. Thanks to the fantastic Pirelli Rally STR.

Light hanging off will help a little, but Supermoto style with leaning the bike will definitely let scrap the pegs
  19. boboneleg

boboneleg we can rebuild him.

Oddometer:
    and it's free, everybody else pays. Mind you , if there's more than four of you it'll be a tight squeeze :lol3
    SMURPH, tonyubsdell and DavidM1 like this.
  20. tonyubsdell

tonyubsdell Ténéré Supporter

Oddometer:
    that is a very nice system. in paris on the contrary the government starts thinking about high fines for bikes parked without disturbing pedestrians. same here in german towns and cities.