Yamaha T700 Tenere owners thread

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by BDG, Jul 17, 2019.

1. tokyo

tokyo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Agreed.. I also have an '18 Duke 690, love the power/weight seating position. The motor is brilliant as you said and the new improvements make it much smoother than the previous 690. Fingers crossed on the reliability.. I have had half a dozen KTM's in the past with mixed results. It just has to last until I can get a T7 here in the states later this year.

Do you know if MT07 wheels fit? are the hubs the same between the two?

A 19" tubeless from a Tiger or V-strom would actually be perfect for the front to keep geometry changes less but maybe not that big of deal.

I am anxious to hear about your results
  2. Aleksandar_the_Great

Aleksandar_the_Great Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The mt07 wheels will not fit without a lot of machining , we have discussed this on the t7 forum, you will have to go the route of Supermoto rims on stock hubs or wait for Talon and other manufacturers to make cheaper than stock hubs.

I am not riding off road hence I have sacrifices the hubs for street use.

Measured the actual drop front to back with tacoma tyre calculator and the centre stand gets a cut and weld job of -35mm .

Fender and brake lines are staying where they are at the moment and if I am not happy I will remove the fender but make a bracket for the stock hoses to sit where they are and buy a high fender from polisport or similar.

I will take the wheels off on Saturday and ship the Hubs monday.

Fingers crossed everything works our smoothly.

Aleks
  3. Vikingtazz

Vikingtazz Will ride for food.

Oddometer:
    Deposit has been placed, delivery scheduled for "mid-March", which would be sometime next week.
    For now I'm going to assume this is wildly optimistic.
    I've ordered the white one.

[​IMG]
    slideways, Eatmore Mudd, VDG and 9 others like this.
  4. DWEL700

DWEL700 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes just a little.
    I was told May or June delivery to Vancouver.

ps Black is the fastest.
    tex68w, Vikingtazz and tonyubsdell like this.
  5. ScorpionT16

ScorpionT16 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mid-March, in Ontario, by who? :pope

Got a deposit down last year first week of orders, spoke with a Yamaha Canada rep at the Toronto show, said the bikes are being made in Japan now according to who ordered first on the list and will be delivered as such. Said the Last week of may is the scheduled delivery and the bikes start to arrive in Canada, after paperwork, logistics, dealers getting their units split, he said getting in early June is optimistic at best. Maybe your dealer mean't Mid May, June or July. Mid march is 100% no, I've kept in conatc with the dealer and a Vin# hasn't even been issued yet to gain insurance options
    Yammybound88, Vikingtazz and MGG like this.
  6. Vikingtazz

Vikingtazz Will ride for food.

Oddometer:
    No argument here Scorp - like I said, wildly optimistic.
    I could not find a good deal in Ontario, so I went with a dealer in Montreal.
    No idea why, but (anecdotally) toys seem a lot more reasonably priced in Quebec - new and used, and since I'm reasonably close it's a nice option for me to have.
  7. twinrider

twinrider Pass the catnip

Oddometer:
    The tournament was off-limits to the public as part of the effort to keep the virus from spreading via large gatherings.
  8. boboneleg

boboneleg we can rebuild him.

Oddometer:
    Tool Kit.

now we all know that the Yamaha supplied tool kit is no better than the tools you got with your meccano set when you were a kid so what tools are
    you people carrying with you and where are you stashing them on the bike.

I have bought the Rally Raid wheel removal spanner which works very well but that's as far as I've got , anyone care to show what you've done?
    tonyubsdell likes this.
  9. BygDaddee

BygDaddee Where do I get a pie

Oddometer:
  10. amboss87

amboss87 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have my bike just gotten today, but I may have recognized a serious big, undiscouvered tool or whatever storage behind the rear side fairings.
    Eatmore Mudd and tonyubsdell like this.
  11. boboneleg

boboneleg we can rebuild him.

Oddometer:
    Now that's an interesting solution, that looks like a DR650 oe tool holder and I just happen to have one of those .

DR650 tool box.jpeg
    tonyubsdell and BygDaddee like this.
  12. Bratton

Bratton Stuck in the Mud!

Oddometer:
    Hi all, not an Owner yet but should be in about 4 weeks if it gets here on time

Just read through the whole thread over the past few days and really appreciate everybody's input on it
  13. Jumpjim

Jumpjim Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Very much liking these from the Wings Exhaust guys... and the new Tenere 700 exhaust looks tidy as well!

Attached Files:

• C5-8.jpg
      C5-8.jpg
      File size:
      198.7 KB
      Views:
  14. MegaRowMan

MegaRowMan MRM

Oddometer:
    Hi All,

An up date, from little old NZ
    Some progress has been made with kitting out my T7 to suit my needs:clap

After a lot of research & looking at different combinations followed by some unexpected negotiation with the TT Agents here in NZ over the high cost
    Then finding out TT - NZ had pre-ordered T7 accessories months ago & stock has now started to arrive & I could see the parts for my self
    I concluded TT was the right direction for me :-)
    Head light guard, Lower engine bars fitted ( Brilliant BTW ) & Bash plate ( All in black to match ) arriving soon - ish, TBC I suppose with the world in a panic at the mo. O'well
    I also had left over parts from my Cafe racer bike build from last year to make & fit a nice set of Highway pegs,
    Out done my self on this one they look & work perfectly & cost me zero to make, Happy days
    Pic's below, I will post more as parts arrive

Cheers MRM

027.jpg
    025.jpg
    021.jpg
    024.jpg

Attached Files:

• 022.jpg
      022.jpg
      File size:
      493.5 KB
      Views:
  15. SaAdvRider99

SaAdvRider99 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  16. rhicks

rhicks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    For those owners, can the front plastic covering the LED lights be easily removed and replaced or does the whole light assembly need to be ordered? I would have thought that Yamaha would have been smart enough to make that clear plastic an easy part to replace but I've been wrong about assumptions many times before. I know there are plastic and grilled protectors out there. It's too early to tell which one I'll go with but I'm curious about the main shield part replacement costs.
  17. Quercus petraea

Quercus petraea Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The whole assembly has to be ordered...

PN: BW3-H4300-00
    rhicks likes this.
  18. Alexander B

Alexander B Long timer

Oddometer:
    At well over €500 (incl sales tax) from online vendors in Germany...
  19. ScorpionT16

ScorpionT16 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Headlight guard is pretty pointless, that acrylic on the headlight as is, is strong and what most automobiles even have. I rear ended someone in my Golf, and the bumper down to the rest all cracked and broke, headlight got pinned under her suv, didn't even crack or scratch, its Acrylic. We had a Dodge caravan with acrylic headlights, a school bus made a U-turn and pinned the whole car down from the front, front end all gone, headlights survived.

Also on the T7 the internals are LED, if a rock even cracks the front, the LED units are very durable and it would never pose a risk.
    SkipD and tonyubsdell like this.
  20. Aleksandar_the_Great

Aleksandar_the_Great Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Could someone check for me please that the mounting of the calipers on the forks is 78mm centre to centre of the holes... ? Aleks