Yamaha T700 Tenere owners thread

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by BDG, Jul 17, 2019.

1. TimmyTheHog

TimmyTheHog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the explanation.

Forgot there are power restriction in certain part of the world.

PERSONALLY I think North America should have something similar which I can see that will bring more beginner riders into the market...but that is another topic for another time...
    rsteiger likes this.
  2. syntec4

syntec4 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I ceramic coated the bodywork on it today. ACF50 everywhere as well. Hopefully it will make it easier to wash after off roading. Also stripped the back end and greased everything up. Hardly any grease in the swing-arm pivot and linkages. Copper slipped all the bolts while putting it back together. Some bolts were already suffering with corrosion. I replaced a few with stainless but left anything suspension related as steel and just used copper slip. A bit of corrosion on the disks but it came off easily with a scotch pad. Might drop the forks tomorrow and check the head bearings. Some of the spokes are looking a but rough. Cleaned up ok though and I applied some ACF50 with a brush and will monitor them. Its been used all year round and on salty roads. The frame and tank look new underneath. No corrosion on any welds etc.

IMG_0040.jpeg IMG_0029.jpeg IMG_0030.jpeg IMG_0035.jpeg IMG_0038.jpeg IMG_0040.jpeg IMG_0041.jpeg IMG_0032.jpeg IMG_0030.jpeg
  3. amboss87

amboss87 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I coated last weekend all bolts, spokes and metall parts with owatrol. It applies like oil and dries off like a soft clear coat, so it wont get washed off nor attracts dust, while maintaining a metallic shine.
    Made good experience with it on my classic 6series.
  4. BygDaddee

BygDaddee Where do I get a pie

Oddometer:
    Meet@Trudys likes this.
  5. tonyubsdell

tonyubsdell Ténéré Supporter

Oddometer:
    thank you for your write up. my discs and spokes look the same if not worse. dealer signalled to try to open a guarantee case. it is not always possible to wash the bike when you use it to go to work.
    bloody salt on the streets. it is still there as night temps drop below zero degrees centigrade despite sunny days with nor rain forecasted.

cheers,
    wolfram
    syntec4 and stromsavard like this.
  6. Aleksandar_the_Great

Aleksandar_the_Great Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    IMG_20200402_180056__01.jpg small update on my sm build... Wheels are here and tomorrow they get tyres fitted and then the final assembly begins.
    I love the look of the wheels and how they came out... Can't wait to have everything fitted.
    Aleks
  7. tonyubsdell

Oddometer:
    very nice. have the same just a bit less wide and in 21" and 18" yours look like good quality! nice and shiny. have fun!
    Aleksandar_the_Great likes this.
  8. Aleksandar_the_Great

Oddometer:
    According to the wheel builder and others online Excel rims are a good brand..
    I'm following you with interest on the t7 forum as well.. You have a nice set up t7.. :)
    Stay safe..
    tonyubsdell likes this.
  9. tonyubsdell

Oddometer:
    hi great aleksandar,
    thanks for the compliment. i every now and then check in on the t7 forum all right.
    saw many nice fotos of your t7, too.
    i hope you get out of your super moto conversion what you expect.

wish you good health and fitness.
    wolf
  10. madrider5150

madrider5150 Riding somewhere

Oddometer:
    Excel are some of the best, looking forward to seeing those wheels on your bike!
  11. Calibre

Calibre Canadian, eh.

Oddometer:
    For us people on the other side of the pond, my local deposit-holding shop here in Vancouver, B.C. has just said today that they are still expecting delivery on time in late May/June. I don't believe them, but that's what they told me today. Just a friendly FYI.
  12. Meet@Trudys

Meet@Trudys Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nice! That is some much needed good news. I pre-ordered in Ontario mid October, and have been hoping they would squeeze out a few on schedule for the early adopters. Fingers crossed!
  13. Meet@Trudys

Meet@Trudys Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Dealers in America got an email looking something like this:
    pic2.jpeg
    Calibre likes this.
  14. Calibre

Calibre Canadian, eh.

Oddometer:
    So no certainty... Fuck the bat virus.
    ScorpionT16 likes this.
  15. ScorpionT16

ScorpionT16 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    2 month delay, and I'll just cancel the order, no point in getting the bike at the end of the season, paying insurance only to see the adv world in lockdown for a few months after. What's annoyed me about this bike from the start has been the vague delivery dates, esp since they have them delivered around eu and aus so they know realisitc timelines and figures, yet no dealer this side of the world has given an honest answer to which exact day we will get the bike, the bike most of us here in Canada have already put money down for. At this point its like they're just playing a childish game hoping we fall for scarcity tactic's, all this in the age of information is extremely disappointing, all we ask for is an honest answer on their situation.

Like that email, wtf do they mean they don't know if the T700 will be affected, get on the phone and ask, if its made in the same factory, and its closed, which the article posted above said it was, then yes, it is damn well affected. They just don't want people pulling the plug or getting something else for the meantime, loosing more sales in a low year to start.

EDIT: saw the 0% interest offer them may give below in that email, what does Tier 1-3 customers mean?
    pazzo and Meet@Trudys like this.
  16. BygDaddee

BygDaddee Where do I get a pie

Oddometer:
    Haven't you got a bike to ride now ?

17. ScorpionT16

ScorpionT16 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeh I do, though its a CB500X, and for my age group in my area, the T7 almost doubles my insurance, so getting it end of season and paying extra rates for less riding time is something I consider. Not to mention I need a few weeks notice to sell my current ride, to get the T7, and If I sell in May (like the dealer said, to get the T7 for early June) and the bike is dealyed, which they are not disclosing, then I forgo the summer with no bike, and a break in insurance, which starts me back as a 0 exp rider, tripling my rates, complicated things here in Ontario :(
  18. Aleksandar_the_Great

Oddometer:
    The wait is over .

Most important thing for everyone to know is that everything works as it should or better.

ABS ring front 38 holes rear 42, light goes off as normal and the abs does the job... Brilliant.

Speedo : reading is better than stock reads higher than GPS map 64 by about 2.5 - 3.0 miles per h..

At steady 70 miles per hour speedo reading the gps shows 67 miles per hours... I'm very please with this result.

The bike handles amazing and I mean it turns in and brakes better holds the line nicely... Couldn't find toilet paper so I spent the afternoon searching... Done 95 miles and finally managed to get some

I'm over the moon with how everything came out apart from the front fender which looks a bit weird at the moment IMG_20200403_143904-01.jpeg IMG_20200403_143843-01.jpeg IMG_20200403_154551-01.jpeg
  19. Aleksandar_the_Great

Oddometer:
    Would not know what a TP run is :)

Work in engineering and we are key workers here supplying medical companies and transport chains .. I am covered in case I get stopped... Will commute on the bike next week so that I can get the best from both worlds :D
    tonyubsdell and mcmann like this.
  20. mtntrails

mtntrails Life is Short... Supporter

Oddometer:
    The SM wheels look great!