Yamaha TDM Riders

Discussion in 'Land of the Rising Sun: ADV Bikes from Japan' started by BuellDualSport, Sep 28, 2005.

1. AJ..

AJ.. Long timer

Oddometer:
    hey dude...i bet you are from TDM forum also rite?

anyway,its customised...done by the previous owner....
  2. AJ..

AJ.. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Few of the Singapore TDM during a coffee meetup...:clap [​IMG]
  3. AJ..

AJ.. Long timer

Oddometer:
    my current TDM...specs : Hepco & Becker sidecases and tall windscreen from Eagle screen...using Yoshimura Carbon Tri-oval exhaust,Customised stainless stell Engine Guard,Modded Transalp600 Bashplate,K&N airfilter,B&B tank bra,Africa Twin Handlebar,V-strom Handguards
    [​IMG]
  4. AJ..

AJ.. Long timer

Oddometer:
    rear view.
    [​IMG]
  5. AJ..

AJ.. Long timer

Oddometer:
    me and my dudes in Thailand...[​IMG]
  6. Pict

Pict A Scot in exile

Oddometer:
    Hi AJ. Yup, you're right - I'm one of the UK (Scottish) contingent :evil. Interesting bar setup, and nice it's in S/S. Is that a matching bashplate I see in there too - also custom? Did the previous guy really DIY them?
  7. AJ..

AJ.. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey man wassupp yo.....anyway,the previous owner only did the Crashbar....the rest i am the one modding ....crashbar custom made stainless steel in Singapore....cost ard $350SGD....handlebar i m using AT.....more wider and slightly forward....so there will be more room infront....oh yesh...the bashplate was bought over ebay Singapore for 10bux...so was doing a try and error thingy....after it fix,tot it smehow look a little crappy....but wat the hack,too lazy to remove it back.....anyway,it does serves the purpose well....now my engine not so dirty....
  8. AJ..

AJ.. Long timer

Oddometer:
    i've also have Fog light installed on the crashbar....this is very useful during riding across the border....i happened to ride across Kuala Lumpur heading for Thailand,and it was like 3.30am,the fog is really killing.....visibility is so poor...thanks to these little fog lamps,it serves me well yo....:clap

[​IMG]
  9. Tom S

Tom S Can I ride it?

Oddometer:
    Yup. But I still ain't done the left one.
    Or the carb needles & slides. Lazy bastard. To many machines. :rolleyes
    AT?
    Can you give us some more info, good pix on the modded Transalp bash plate? Looks like a good way to go. I want something better.
  10. AJ..

AJ.. Long timer

Oddometer:
    AT is short for Africa Twin....so i m using AT handlebar...

i havent had the time to shoot at the bashplate,but here's the closest it could get....hope it helps...

[​IMG]
  11. AJ..

AJ.. Long timer

Oddometer:
    another view...

[​IMG]
  12. AJ..

AJ.. Long timer

Oddometer:
    i was actually thinking to get V-strom Bashplate...but it ain't come cheap...so i gave it a miss.....varadero bashplate also comes to mind...but no one put it on sale yet....and varadero is a euro made....so parts ain't cheap compared to japanese parts....

tats my 2 cents dudes....:freaky
  13. AJ..

AJ.. Long timer

Oddometer:
    i hope this gives a clearer view of the AT handlebar...
    [​IMG]
  14. AJ..

AJ.. Long timer

Oddometer:
    don't mind the BMX barpad...bcoz i'm sick putting on branded barpads cos it always got stolen....:evil
  15. Tom S

Tom S Can I ride it?

Oddometer:
    Damn thieves.
    Whatever works. Hell, I got a $20+ bicycle seat gell pad strapped on the tiny seat of my '96 Buell S1. Works damn good & ain't nobody gonna steal it.
    More bashplate pix? Close pix?
    Edit: Friend has a "Trans Slap", I'll have to look at it & get some pix.
  16. AJ..

AJ.. Long timer

Oddometer:
    maybe i will upload it tomorrow Sir....its already 8.30pm here rite now...wont be clear if take photo now...will do it tomoro aight...but if you can get hold of V-strom Bashplate,it would be better..
  17. Tom S

Tom S Can I ride it?

Oddometer:
    Thanks. 3:49 am here now. Going to bed. No hurry.
    Oh, yeah, please don't call me 'Sir'. :D
  18. twinrider

twinrider Pass the catnip

Oddometer:
    You did a heck of a job with that bashplate, AJ. Looking forward to the closeup pics.
  19. AJ..

AJ.. Long timer

Oddometer:
    no worries man...now its like 0045hrs....just finish up on my XR...removing some accesories...selling bike tomoro....

anyway guys,dun really hae high hope on the bashplate thingy...it really doesnt look fantastic close up...because this is a try an error situation....so everything is done not well plan or not even plan at all...the trimming of the bashplates very messy....maybe it will be a prototype to all the TDM riders....:rofl

maybe you guys can come up with a better one on your bashplates....:freaky
  20. AJ..

AJ.. Long timer

Oddometer:
    yo Twinrider...you actually from Tokyo?kewl man...my influence in bikes are basically from you guys....you guys are very creative....but sadly,i try to search on TDM from japanese sites,its really impossible....

I have and XR400 and all so much influenced by the Japs....eg. 10knots
    I also have a savage 650,which is really extinct here....and my bike is already a mess....now it fails to start....such a pain...not sure issit rectifier or stator coil....new battery....but always flat 2 days later....suspect current leak....after recharge,It roars back to life...but currently,it just choking....
    anyway,the point is,The savage site from Japan rawks....do send some picts of TDM from japan here pls....best if the HardCore type....:freaky