Yamaha Tracer 900GT

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by hankgs, Nov 8, 2017.

1. bmac

bmac Long timer

Oddometer:
    The old side cases could not fit a helmet. The new ones can, fixed.
    olie and twinrider like this.
  2. Rodan

Rodan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yuk...

And those bags... :puke2
    3sum likes this.
  3. BUZZARD II

BUZZARD II Old Geezer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I don't give a rats butt about the bags. But the seat looks different. I wonder if it's better? I'll test sit the Tracer and the Tiger Sport, then decide on a test ride. Which has a lighter clutch means a lot to me too what with crapped out wrist and thumbs.
  4. JimmyTheHuman

JimmyTheHuman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I read some where that you cant change the tyres too much or it messes with TC. Had any put semi off road tyres for a specific trip? eg if you were doing a long trip and had 2000km of dirt...
  5. Tarmac Kid

Tarmac Kid No Thanks

Oddometer:
    You can swap the tires on the Tracer but your trip will be more fun if you instead focus on swapping the bike.
    Folly1, scootertrog and falcofred like this.
  6. Gustavo

Gustavo Motociclista Errante

Oddometer:
    Do you mean changing rim sizes or just a different sized tire on the same rim? If you maintain a similar circumference, there would be no problem. That system obviously has some tolerance for circumference change, otherwise it would only work within a very narrow tire pressure and wear range.

Gustavo
  7. Traveller13

Traveller13 Cptn. Fluffy

Oddometer:
    I don’t mind the looks of the new bike, better looking than the current model anyway IMO, but yeh, dunno about those bags
  8. whisperquiet

whisperquiet Motorcyclist Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bump this thread.......rode the Tracer 900 GT 133 miles on the last day of Covid 2020. Here is to a better 2021:photog
  9. whisperquiet

Oddometer:
    How about a 2021 new year bump......exciting news......I installed a new rear tire last week!!!
    Jetpilot5 likes this.
  10. SMURPH

SMURPH Longtimer

Oddometer:
    Nice! Which tire did you go with?

Today I just got the Brake Switch recall work done on my 2019. Nothing like loading and unloading your bike when it's MINUS 21C. Brrrr
  11. whisperquiet

Oddometer:
    I installed another Michelin Pilot Power 2CT which came on the bike when purchased used at 4400 miles. The front 2CT is less than half worn and was not replaced.

I need to set up a dealer appointment for my Tracer and Super Tenere for the brake light switch recall.....both were purchased used and I did not receive notices....but, my dealer is aware of the recalls.
    SMURPH likes this.
  12. SMURPH

SMURPH Longtimer

Oddometer:
    I'm going to need to replace the tires soon too. I'll have to give some thought to those ones. Originally i was looking at the Angel's but a ton of money up here.

Yup - a buddy of mine just had both his Tenere's done.
  13. whisperquiet

Oddometer:
    I am satisfied with the 2CTs.....good feel, traction, and 4500 miles wear on the rear.
  14. FTL900

FTL900 White and nerdy

Oddometer:
    I have the Angel GT on my ZRX and they've done great, but for the Tracer, I'm thinking about the Dunlop Roadsmart IV. Nick Ienatsch test-rode the Tracer for a couple of weeks, and the first thing he did was put new tires on it. Looks like $350 for the pair, no matter where I buy them.

PFA.
    [​IMG]
    SMURPH likes this.
  15. whisperquiet

Oddometer:
    OUCH!! About $250.00 for the Michelins and I change my own. It seems that I always have about $500.00 worth of new tires in the garage.....just installed a pair of Shinko 705s on my Tenere 700 yesterday during a 2” snow.
  16. PhotoAl

PhotoAl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm running a Michelin Road 5 rear and a Pilot Power 5 front. Really like the combo so far. Went a little time dialing my suspension in, now have lots of confidence. Front seems really planted.

Got a rack for Christmas and added the 39L Yamaha top case. Looks nice but haven't ridden it with the top case yet, my AGV K6 full face fits in it with room to spare. It's apart getting lights and a Neutrino+ Element installed. LOL I've wasted a bunch of time fiddling with mounting the front driving lights. Finally got that sorted and now working on the wiring and Neutrino install. Plan is to use it to modulate the driving lights and when hi beams are illuminated will turn on the 2nd LED in the lights. They are small and have a fan inside (will see how that works) and a nice cutoff in the low beam mode. I avoid riding at night and have the lights for additional visibility. Will also use the Neutrino for heated gear - it has 6 outputs, lights use two and a couple for heated gear - control the heat with PWM and outside temperature.
    Tarmac Kid and SMURPH like this.
  17. MapMaster

MapMaster Human Compass

Oddometer:
    I'm not aware of a recall, does anyone know the nature of the problem and is it applicable to the non GT Tracer?
  18. PhotoAl

PhotoAl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  19. SMURPH

SMURPH Longtimer

Oddometer:
    It only affects the GT as it can impede the cruise control. So you're all good.

My friend with the S10's also has a 2019 non-GT tracer and he didn't receive a recall. Recalls here are sent from the manufacturer via Transport Canada.
    MapMaster likes this.
  20. whisperquiet

Oddometer: