Yamaha WR250R Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Sock Monkey, Apr 7, 2008.

1. TBird1

TBird1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I'm in the market for a different seat, too. I have a vested interest in this outcome. Please post your results!
  2. HighFive

HighFive Never Tap-Out

Oddometer:
    Ooooo.....very nice pic. Excellent form. How did it turn out? I'm betting a Clean.

HF :thumb

p.s. do it again on the Super-T :1drink
  3. bigdon

bigdon Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think I can, I think I can, I think I can! :lol3

[​IMG]
  4. HighFive

HighFive Never Tap-Out

Oddometer:
    Good gosh....with that much gear on your bike, I see why you need the trailer! :lol3

HF :thumbup
  5. GotMojo?

GotMojo? Long timer

Oddometer:
    Are you sure the actually charged you? As a merchant myself, credit cards get authorized to verify billing addresses and stuff, but that's not an actual charge... its basically a hold on the funds for a few days until a charge is issued. Maybe your card was just authorized, and not charged? If you are checking your account on-line, sometimes those authorizations look like charges. The authorization will roll off in a few days if no charge is issued.
  6. Krabill

Krabill Long timer

Oddometer:
    Of course it was clean :deal

That was the biggest log crossing of the day and it was actually the first one where I stopped AL and gave her a short instructional chat before she attempted it. I could see the fear in her eyes through her goggles just looking at it, so I had to do something :lol3 She had been having problems with the little logs and this one was easily twice as big as the rest of them we had encountered so far. After my short instructional session, she cleaned it like a pro :clap
  7. herods_flu

herods_flu Been here awhile

Oddometer:

The money is gone I think, here is a copy of the part of the email that I'm referring to:

Our products are custom made for you, therefore once an order has gone to production, the order cannot be modified or cancelled.Any canceled order will be subject to a 20 % cancelation fee
    Your credit card will be charged before the order is sent to production. All seats are built to order and are non-refundable.

Thanks again for ordering with Corbin!

Anybody else have a Corbin that can chime in here and share your experience. Or the Sargent for that matter.
  8. freetors

freetors Long timer

Oddometer:
    For those that used up their stock trailwings to the very end: how many miles did you get from them? I have a smidge more than 3800 miles on the bike. When they were new the front tread was 7.5 mm, rear was 10mm. The front is now 5.75 and the rear is 4.25mm. At this rate my projected mileage for the rear will be 6500 miles and the front 16500miles!
  9. Krabill

Krabill Long timer

Oddometer:
    I got about 2800 miles out of the stock rear and it was bald at that point. The front was still good, but I took it off and swapped them both out for 606's, which I've been running ever since. Still have the stock front hanging in the garage.
  10. GSBS

GSBS FunHog

Oddometer:
    Next time you're practicing log hopping, do you think you might make a short video showing the techniques you describe? I know it would be helpful for me and I'm sure many others here.
  11. Krabill

Krabill Long timer

Oddometer:

The Super-T goes around obstacles :norton

<object height="239" width="425">

<embed src="https://cdn.smugmug.com/ria/ShizVidz-2011030702.swf" flashvars="s=ZT0xJmk9MTQ1MTIzODcyNyZrPTI5YjlzQ1MmYT0xODc1MjM4 NV9Hd2h3SjcmdT1EaXJ0eURvZw==" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="239" width="425"></object>
  12. Krabill

Krabill Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hmm . . . I think I have a video of HF doing one around here somewhere . . . ahh . . . there it is . . .

Notice his little 6" wheelie right before the log, then his body goes up and over the log . . . the bike follows . . .

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/77DCzxCrfQs" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="345" width="420"></iframe>

Just so you know . . . HF taught me everything I know about hopping logs.
  13. GSBS

GSBS FunHog

Oddometer:
    Thanks... Very helpful!
  14. Stormy Weather

Stormy Weather skier turned bike nut

Oddometer:

I got quite a few miles from my stock trailwings. Somewhere around 9.5k if I remember right. The rear was DONE but the front still had a bit of life left. I have a pic around here somewhere...

[​IMG]

and miles

[​IMG]

I felt as though they are a very good 50/50 tire... no good in the mud but works well on gravel, hardpack and pavement. Just my 2 cents. I know others have different opinions...

Ethan
  15. Buzzbomber

Buzzbomber Long timer

Oddometer:
    Speaking of tires....

I ran the TWs for 4,200+/- miles. They have a little life left in them, I think the rear has about 3mm of tread left in the middle.

I currently have a set of T63s on the bike, the rear is getting toasted at about 4,500 miles (I did a 500 mile, almost all high-speed pavement camping weekend back in July, that's where most of the wear came from). The front's good for at least another 2,500, but the rear won't be any good off-road for much longer, especially since everything is muddy round here right now.

It appears the original size 120/80 is hard to find right now, so I'm looking at other options. Looks like 110/80 is available, not sure if that's too small to be any good. Or I could give the D606 or MT43 a shot, but I'm not sure if they'll fit with my gearing - I have 13/47 and +2 link chain (110L, I think).

What say ye?
  16. bigdon

bigdon Long timer

Oddometer:
    The 606 or mt43 will both work fine with 13/47 I ran 13/49 and then 14/49 on my TAT Trip with a 606. No problem!
  17. Buzzbomber

Buzzbomber Long timer

Oddometer:
    How many links are you running for your chain, though? I'm mostly speculating whether the taller tires will clear the mudguard with my gearing and chain length, running a 110 link chain 13/47 sprox. Thanks for answering.

EDIT: and now I see the T63 is back in stock all of a sudden. Yesterday it said "due late October". Maybe I'll just stick with what I know, but I'm still interested in the fitment of the other tires.
  18. bigdon

bigdon Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm running a 112 link chain.
    I was running a 13 /46 with 110 link chain and an mt43 tire. It worked but just barely. I had tire marks on my shock protecting inner fender.
  19. Buzzbomber

Buzzbomber Long timer

Oddometer:
    Got it, thanks. I won't push my luck running the MT43 on my current setup then.
  20. Lance Hardwud

Lance Hardwud Long timer

Oddometer:
    I say the original rear size is 120/100/18 and the option I am using is a 110/100/18 most dealers have that in stock.