Yamaha WR250R Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Sock Monkey, Apr 7, 2008.

1. johnkol

johnkol Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't believe any aftermarket pegs can beat the OEM YZ/WRF titanium pegs:

[​IMG]

Can be found on eBay for less than $20 for the pair.
    b0yjeenyus, bike_pilot and woofer2609 like this.
  2. johnkol

johnkol Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You only need to file them so they can fold properly.
  3. BluePill

BluePill AARP Slacker

Oddometer:
    Being a Pre Boomer, my body does not like tire mounting on the floor. I used a low/high adapter and a ball mount - both upside-down - along with the stock rear axle to make a nice solid tire mounting stand. A short length of 2X4 with a one inch hole exactly makes up for the extra length of the axle. Good working height, no need to mount anything to the garage floor, and 5000 lbs of SUV to hold it down.

I'm sure that even a KLRista would be proud of the amount of use that I got from that Trailwing.:jack
  4. johnkol

johnkol Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The ones I got were off a 2004 WR450F, but these pegs were OEM on multiple years of YZ/WRF models.

The pattern that you see in the picture is unique to the titanium pegs, so make sure you get that exact pattern.

Make sure also that the seller includes the pin and the spring.
  5. FLICKIT

FLICKIT Long timer

Oddometer:
    This details the YZ and WRF pegs:
    https://thumpertalk.com/forums/topic/790113-oem-foot-peg-options-for-your-yz-footpeg-footpegs-pegs/
    foot pegs YZ.jpg
    foot pegs YZ 1.jpg
    (I believe they all fit the WRR but you need to use the YZ/WRF style spring)

I've been watching ebay for ages wanting a pair of the low-wide 5XC ones but no luck, there's a lot in the US but with shipping to Aus they were too expensive... I gave up recently and just ordered some DRC ones that appear much the same (low and wide)...

D48-02-437
    http://www.drcproducts.com/body/d48-02/index.html
    d48_02_506 (1).jpg
    widefootpeg_low.jpg
    (I only went for these because I had bonus credit with a store that had them cheap, lol)
    Ginger Beard and Blakduk like this.
  6. TrailDust&SaddleLthr

TrailDust&SaddleLthr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    As they say.... It's not the size of the worm.... but how it wiggles! :imaposer
    Yinzer Moto likes this.
  7. SMIFFXC

SMIFFXC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I put these on my son's 2013 WR250R, work great and were pretty inexpensive. I don't remember the exact cost but less than $50. Took a couple weeks to come in but have worked fine. upload_2018-2-9_6-29-0.png
  8. Yinzer Moto

Yinzer Moto aka: trailer Rails

Oddometer:
    Maybe I should not worry but AL pegs scare me. I have managed to bend and break steel pegs, I don't want a sharp piece of AL jabbing me in the leg.
  9. advmgm

advmgm Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have the 5XC stainless pegs (far right in pic) on my WRR.
    I had to file the right side a little to get it to fold but otherwise a "drop-in and ride" fit!

read the Thumpertalk thread and it seems the 5XC is the preferred model!
    FLICKIT likes this.
  10. bike_pilot

bike_pilot Braaaping Around!

Oddometer:
    Also have the 5XC's and a bit of grinding makes them a dream! Around $40 on ebay.

[​IMG]
    Migyver, FLICKIT and oldairhd like this.
  11. wwguy

wwguy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've been running a set of Fastway Evo Air pegs, machined here in Idaho from 2024 billet aluminum, for over 4 years now and they are bomber tough. The first couple of years I ran the blue pair on my WRR and then I switched them over to my Beta 300 2-stroke. I haven't been kind to them on either bike, including smashing them on hidden rocks and stumps resulting in full-stop and stalling of the bike (and maybe pitching me onto my noggin a couple of times too.) I've had to straighten the frame-welded peg mounts on my Beta twice, but the pegs take their proverbial licking and keep on ticking. The greatest sign of wear is abrasion from rocks, mostly from the trauma (and drama) I put my Beta through.

[​IMG]

For those guys and girls who appreciate pegs with a different shape, I'm currently running the Fastway Air EXT pegs below on my WRR. I initially bought them for the Beta to give me a greater platform to maneuver around on the bike in the gnarly stuff. But after a few months I decided I didn't like the lost ground clearance of the slanted rear platform. That and my shins would take a beating when dabbing and paddling in nasty terrain (just when I really need my shins on my side.) So I swapped them onto my WRR and put the blue pegs on the Beta. I don't really need the EXT features on the WRR because I don't ride it as hard ('cause it's so fat LOL.) In hindsight I don't recommend them for either bike, but I thought you guys might find them interesting since we're discussing peg size.

[​IMG]

Sorry about the mud in the photo above. It was 66 degrees here in SW Idaho yesterday and the high desert was calling my name! I'll post up a few photos in a bit.
    ACR, Migyver, Bitingdog and 3 others like this.
  12. jsat

jsat Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks! Anything else I should look for (what is technically high miles?)

(If this post appears out of context, I'm looking at some WRs to purchase!)

13. wwguy

wwguy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What a crazy warm winter here in SW Idaho! Yesterday it was 66 degrees at the trail-head. A year ago it was 20 degrees and we had so much snow that we couldn't ride the higher elevation shown in the last 2 photos until mid-April.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ProLeisure, unit3890, ACR and 20 others like this.
  14. Jollyrogers

Jollyrogers Long timer

Oddometer:
    So thanks again for the advice all. I took my VIN to local Yami dealer and the stator is in fact a recall for my VIN. Service said it was a “stop ride” item and I needed to actually bring it in and THEN they’d order the part and do the recall. Is that SOP??!
  15. N8

N8 I drank the blue Kool-Aid

Oddometer:
    Not here it wasn't.
    Bitingdog likes this.
  16. FLICKIT

FLICKIT Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've heard of some dealers doing it that way... minimizing cost and risk I guess...
  17. Yinzer Moto

Yinzer Moto aka: trailer Rails

Oddometer:
    I think I heard it was 50/50 on how people were treated.
  18. max384

max384 Bandaided

Oddometer:
    That would piss me off. I would talk to a manager and demand they order it before I drop it off to just sit and wait while the part comes in. It is their mistake in putting out a defective part; you already have to leave it there while they replace it, it's ludicrous for them to demand that you leave it there for any longer than necessary.
    Bitingdog likes this.
  19. advmgm

advmgm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mine ordered the parts first and I took it in when they arrived. But my dealer knew me well too...

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk
    Yinzer Moto and Bitingdog like this.
  20. Bitingdog

Bitingdog That's not my dog

Oddometer:
    Honda didn't do that when my car needed new airbags under recall. They ordered them and called me when the parts arrived