Yamaha WR250R Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Sock Monkey, Apr 7, 2008.

1. woofer2609

woofer2609 Less flow, more Gnar

Oddometer:
    It looks like for the 250X the part number is Part # 1201540021, the same as the 250R.
    Mfg Part# TFK003D198-CR-BLUE
  2. woofer2609

woofer2609 Less flow, more Gnar

Oddometer:
    Smokin' deal, probably a regulator. Too bad I'm in the wrong country...
    derblauereiter likes this.
  3. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    No. The Iridium tip can break if leveraged on.
    Mfg say no gapping needed.
  4. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Sweet, bet that feels great.
    Got a link which one you bought?

Don't forget Zinzer said to check that.
    I don't ever remember reading about a bad one :scratch before so that was a good call.
  5. drifteast

drifteast Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Awesome! Love it when things work out and even better when cheap! :thumb Noticed your tool tube there; looks like one of those tractor manual tubes and an exhaust clamp? How's that holding up? A tool tube is next on my list so always looking for good examples!
  6. Border411

Border411 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Which clamp is used on that tool tube? I want to mount one on mine as well....I have the tube, but I could never figure out where to get the clamp from.
  7. BMW-K

BMW-K F800GS FTW!

Oddometer:
    eakins likes this.
  8. BMW-K

BMW-K F800GS FTW!

Oddometer:
    It's actually not a clamp at all. It's a piece of thin sheet aluminum I had laying around that I bent around the tool tube and screwed into a couple existing mounting points (*I also used this weird flat piece of aluminum I had as a spacer. I then put a couple rivets into the tube to keep it from spinning around in the metal. It's still pretty flexible so in a crash it's going to bend, not break.

IMG_0049.JPG IMG_0050.JPG
    Border411 and drifteast like this.
  9. jimmr

jimmr Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    As they say in The Mother of Parliaments: I refer the Honourable Member to the answer I gave some time ago.:-)
  10. BMW-K

BMW-K F800GS FTW!

Oddometer:
    I couldn't remember who posted it originally, but I have no qualms saying I stole the idea! :)

Biggest difference though: I mounted it such that I could keep the original tool box onboard. YMMV.
  11. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I'm going to replace that on my 08 just in case. The new Kemso pump is working great.

So I have wonder, what happens to those to go bad? I can understand those defective pumps are built too tight and seize when it's too hot, but what happens here?

Maybe sitting in ethanol fuel eventually funks up the inside of it? Can you cut it open?

You used Seafoam, but I've been using Lucas for storage and everyday tank running in everything I own. I've never had ethanol issues in the last 6 years I've been using it. I just squirt a goosh of it in each tank before or after the fact.
    https://www.amazon.com/LUCAS-LUC10013-Gallon-Ounces-Treatment/dp/B000FW7V50

Or do these fpr just wear out over time?
    Border411 likes this.
  12. drifteast

drifteast Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    My bad! I missed that response altogether. Will be adding it to my tool tube research notes though, thanks! :thumb
  13. Border411

Oddometer:
    I do all of the same. Kemso pump went in "as a precaution", and I too use Lucas treatment to prevent Ethanol issues.
    eakins likes this.
  14. Border411

Oddometer:
    Nice. What muffler is on that? It sounds great. i also love your license plate as seen in the video. AWESOME SAUCE FTMFW!
  15. BMW-K

BMW-K F800GS FTW!

Oddometer:
    HAHAHA! Hell YES AwesomeSauce! FTW!

My best friend ordered the plate WEAKSOZ for his S1kR - I ordered AWSMSOZ the same day. Here they are, Twin bikes, in all their glory outside Manic 5. (*Pssst! Please don't tell the S1kR it's not a dirt bike!)

P9201718.jpeg

The pipe is an FMF without the quiet core installed. It helps that I took the vid in the garage and it had a great resonance. :)
    drifteast and Border411 like this.
  16. GSBS

GSBS FunHog

Oddometer:
    Loving the Britannia Composites Lynx Faring and dashboard. Great lights, GPS mount, 12v and usb outlets, wind protection. Worth every penny, especially at night! 28DBBE26-B5CE-4CB0-88DC-2F7AF0D1CA80.jpeg
    FF632FE0-6862-4E46-AF65-8A8100C98E85.jpeg 04DF91E1-469A-4217-B350-D98DC7A13BEB.jpeg
    ripping r, Atalanta89, Kempy and 5 others like this.
  17. Lee Dodge

Lee Dodge Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    What seat is that?
  18. GSBS

GSBS FunHog

Oddometer:
    Purchased from Rick Mayer Cycle. I don’t think he’s still in business, but not sure.
  19. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
  20. BluePill

BluePill AARP Slacker

Oddometer:
    Somewhere early in this thread, maybe about 2010 or so, there was a discussion about pump failures. Someone had a link to a recall in certain Asian countries where Yamaha stated that the production clearances of the pump's rotors were too tight and could eventually bind and make the pump stall. No reference to ethanol as a contributor was made. Maybe in Asia they don't have "Big Corn" lobbies who buy their lawmakers with campaign contributions?

I know from first hand experience that ethanol can make non-resistant plastics swell. I had an old Poulan chain saw built in the 1990's that had the gasoline fill plug swell until it was no longer usable. I also have 2 MSR fuel cans. I used one with E-10 fuel, and the plastic plug started binding from expansion. The other only got No-E fuel and works fine.
    woofer2609 and eakins like this.