Yamaha WR250R Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Sock Monkey, Apr 7, 2008.

1. inder

inder Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm trying to re-install the EXUP on a new to me WR250R. Can anyone confirm the orientation of the cables? Is it really as simple as cable 1-1 and cable 2-2? The only reason I even ask is because this orientation forces the cables up against the hot exhaust pipe (in my case).

Also, Is there a diagnostic test like the fan test to confirm the correct functioning of the unit?
  2. Proud Highway

Proud Highway one hand waving free

Oddometer:
    Get it into Diagnostic Mode:

and select D1:53

Demo of EXUP operation in Diagnostic Mode:
    woofer2609 likes this.
  3. PlowHand

PlowHand Ancient, ugly and happy :-) Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ethanol sucks, avoid it if you can...

mf13368, drifteast and Tiger993 like this.
  4. drifteast

drifteast Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yep, saw that recently as well :eekers Incidentally, one of the best Youtube channels going IMO!
  5. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    No doubt.

He should also have test of Marine Stabil and Startron to then compare against Lucas, since he likes a thorough comparison.

In E10, that Lucas did help vs no additive, so if you have to use E10 ethanol treatments do help.
  6. mtntrails

mtntrails Life is Short...

Oddometer:
    Need confirmation - getting ready to change out chain & sprockets - 13/47 - order 110 or 112 link chain?
  7. AdvNener

AdvNener Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have 13/47 since I bough my warp9 wheels and I checked back: at the same time I ordered a 112 links chain. Fits fine.
  8. C-man23

C-man23 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    mtntrails likes this.
  9. IanInCalgary

IanInCalgary Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    As indicated by others, both sizes will fit. My preference is to use 112 links - if a link seizes you can remove it and still have a usable chain.

Ian
    drifteast and mtntrails like this.
  10. mtntrails

mtntrails Life is Short...

Oddometer:
    Much appreciated!
  11. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    They feed parallel to each other and not close to the header.
  12. rsteiger

rsteiger Bob Supporter

Oddometer:
    The Shop Manual has the procedure in it. Once you have them in the right spot you need to adjust the cable slack. You should be able to Google the instructions in the shop manual.

I see you live in ATL, what area? I have taken mine on and off several times and may be able to help around the holidays but unfortunately I am a temporary assignment in our Latin American plants... hoping to sign up for a Motorcycle Tour of Patagonia at the end of the assignment.
    mf13368 and Yinzer Moto like this.
  13. Yinzer Moto

Yinzer Moto aka: trailer Rails Supporter

Oddometer:
    Do it! And tell us all about it!
  14. Border411

Border411 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  15. C-man23

C-man23 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  16. WileyRTW

WileyRTW Wiley

Oddometer:
    Bike hasn't been run for a few months, and wont start. The gas was awful, chunks of crud....how do I clean the fuel system out? I have spark, but threw in a new plug anyway, and I had a spare fuel pump so replaced that and hear it come on when I turn the key on. I can disconnect the fuel line from the tank to the rail thing on the injector, but what else should I be doing, that is just 1 small hose. The damper thing on the fuel pump assembly was pretty bad looking, and I did not inspect any hoses inside the IMS tank. I figure I should take off the injector and clean that somehow?

Also has a new battery since I was prepping to take off in a few weeks. It cranks, but wont start, so I do not think it is electrical.

Thanks
  17. Drzzr1

Drzzr1 Braaap Addict

Oddometer:
    Drain and clean the tanks, replace or clean the lines and try fresh fuel. If that doesn’t work you’ll have to clean and or replace the injectors
  18. woofer2609

woofer2609 Less flow, more Gnar

Oddometer:
    You can clean your injector, I believe. What with the number of problems with regulators as of late, that might be worth checking out as well.
  19. WileyRTW

WileyRTW Wiley

Oddometer:
    Great thank you both.

For hoses I will clean the IMS hoses, but figure the problem would be from the pump out. The hose on the pump cage is new, I will try and clean off the damper thingy, any other hoses in particular, aside the main hose? Should I use new gas, water, some kind of solvent? Thanks.

I think the injector sounds like something to check out due to it being after the pump, so will look into how to clean that.

This method looks great, any experts here know a reason not to clean the injector like this? Could I run the diagnostic so it opens 5 times ad start blasting, or should I just short it like he does?
  20. Yinzer Moto

Yinzer Moto aka: trailer Rails Supporter

Oddometer:
    The filter on the bottom of the pump should keep all the crud out of the fuel system. I would drain what I could out of the tank and put a bit of fresh gas in, see if that solves the issue before taking more apart.
    simmons1 and Plebeian like this.