Yamaha WR250R Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Sock Monkey, Apr 7, 2008.

1. eduro

eduro Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good question and it's what I've been asking myself lately. High RPM's are going to happen whether in first / second on the trails or pinned in 6th on the highway, plus it's a revvy bike, so better to just keep up on the maintenance and enjoy it for however long it lasts... sucks that it's discontinued because there's nothing else like it.
    Bitingdog likes this.
  2. johnkol

johnkol Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's the right attitude. Plus, being discontinued does not mean that parts are discontinued too; you will probably get bored with the bike long before parts run out.
    Bitingdog and eduro like this.
  3. JensEskildsen

JensEskildsen Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sure, its just a hack job, that worked so good that I didnt bother to do it over and make it look nice =)
    If one would have acces to a welder, it would be pretty easy to cut the clutch arm, and extend it 10ish mm.

I drilled the rivet out on the little movable arm the cable hooks up to, and bolted a piece of alu to this, then drilled a hole in the alu, and mounted the movable arm there with a bolt.
    I think i also bent the holder for the clutchcable (which sits just upstream, out of the picture) a tad to make it line up better. DSC_0262.JPG
  4. Aguaski

Aguaski Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Agreed. Earlier this year I sold my XT225, which Yamaha discontinued after 2007. Both Yamaha and the aftermarket did a fantastic job continuing to support parts and farkles for the XT225. I never had any issues finding replacements when I rarely needed them. I’d expect the WR250R to be a relevant bike for at least another 15 years, and maybe longer.
    eduro likes this.
  5. ridepjride

ridepjride Migrant

Oddometer:
    Yesterday's ride with my son. It had been awhile, so it was a great time together in ideal conditions. Afterwards, we bought a couple sets of take-off tires from the local Husky dealer (Motoexotica in Vacaville). Continental TKC-80 tires, brand new for $110 a set. Strikingly different feeling compared to worn-out Kendas. They have several sets available, and asked me to spread the word.
    0136198A-EEC0-4B20-9F9C-1A252438B83B.jpeg 399EFF2F-7BEF-422E-BE7A-7EC48AF720CF.jpeg 64718328-A70D-42E7-B705-32CF1F0AA65E.jpeg
  6. eduro

eduro Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bitingdog likes this.
  7. NJ-Bill

NJ-Bill Life is good Supporter

Oddometer:
    Let's be honest. The headlight on that CRF is nicer than the one on his WRR. :lol3
    Cuttlefish, Bitingdog and eduro like this.
  8. johnkol

johnkol Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    On your way to Buck Island?
  9. ridepjride

ridepjride Migrant

Oddometer:
    Correct location but didn’t go all the way due to time constraint. Turned around and headed back to Hwy 16. Looking west we could see water sprays at the mine. Reclamation work?
  10. johnkol

johnkol Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So the Hwy 16 entrance has been reopened, I presume you didn't go all the way to the west entrance of Reiff to see whether that gate is open?
  11. Bitingdog

Bitingdog That's not my dog

Oddometer:
    Sunday Squamish. Again off the limiter; in the air 20211011_032802.jpg IMG-20211010-WA0011.jpg
    drifteast, Saso, Yinzer Moto and 7 others like this.
  12. ridepjride

ridepjride Migrant

Oddometer:
    The "bridge" replacement across Cache Creek is under construction. In place are some wooden tracks. I assume it would be closed to traffic during the week while construction is in progress. We did not go further west than the 4-way intersection.

Another favorite is Road 41, or Sand Creek Rd that goes from Ramsey to Arbuckle area, but it has been closed due to a slide (several years ago) just past the gate on the west end. I miss that loop. A few months ago we went around the west gate, looked it over and came back around the gate to be confronted by a lady who was upset we had trespassed (even though we had stayed on the county road). Last time I rode it was from the east end, which I assume is still open, but there was an in-line rut on the western slope that was so deep you could stand up in it.
  13. Adanac rider

Adanac rider O.S.T.R. 62 Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bitingdog and simmons1 like this.
  14. SS RICH

SS RICH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can anyone recommend a DOT approved plug and play relacment for my WR250R head light. I took some roost on my last ride with friends and shattered the glass. Looking for a better alternative. Any thoughts and recommendations would be appreciated. I was thinking a cheap repair for now would be some lexan in place of the current glass until I can get a replacement. The oem lamp is 200 plus dollars
    I would love to hear what the thoughts are. Thanks
    Rich
  15. simmons1

simmons1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Baja Designs used to sell a plug and play replacement that was a lot more affordable

Edit I just checked they may only sell LED stuff now..
    Bitingdog and NJ-Bill like this.
  16. imxman

imxman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bitingdog and NJ-Bill like this.
  17. rizzo27

rizzo27 Next!!! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks a lot like the ebay lights I got for my van! Lol...

Attached Files:

Bitingdog likes this.
  18. SS RICH

SS RICH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Similar look, yes but how they mount in the housing is different. They got me by the gonads on this one.
    It’s at best a 30 dollar lamp housing without the H4 light filament
    rizzo27 likes this.
  19. johnkol

johnkol Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What I had heard was that the Indian tribes had bought all this land and closed the gate; it's safe to say that it will not open again.
  20. johnkol

johnkol Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you just want a headlight cover, Parabellum makes one specifically for the WRR.
    Bitingdog and simmons1 like this.