Yamaha WR250R Threadfest

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by gjcarving, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Dirtleg

Dirtleg Shop Local Supporter

Oddometer:
    So you got the parts from parts gui it appears. I don't haz an anzer fer ya.

Make a go-cart?
    N8, yakawars59, Fallacy and 7 others like this.
  2. N8

N8 I prefer my pumpkin with a blue & white mask. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just get the windows tinted to no one knows it's super cool @Plebeian in there or ima punt your ass back to the TFH to make a proper man outta you.
  3. Bultaco206

Bultaco206 Back-to-back motos suck Supporter

Oddometer:
    :photog

80372168-E188-4E24-9323-419322886690.jpeg

Actually, it was Allied, which is a Nationwide company. My agent is/was Allied’s best-performing agent in the state. A couple of years ago they jacked him, and us policyholders, around. My premiums had shot up, and his commissions had shot downward. Not coincidentally about the time they launched the new Peyton Manning/Brad Paisley ad campaign. :hmmmmm

So he took pretty much his whole customer base to a WI company here.

I’d been an Allied/Nationwide customer for probably 35 years, save for the year I rented after my divorce. I’m a big fan of mutuals. (As well as local agents.) So I guess I’ll see how this goes the next time/first time I have a claim.
    N8, yakawars59, Fallacy and 9 others like this.
  4. Mow-ree

Mow-ree Sloppy 300 Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    thats my biggest client...I have nothing bad to say :lol3
    N8, yakawars59, Fallacy and 9 others like this.
  5. Bitingdog

Bitingdog That's not my dog

Oddometer:
    Probably less. @Yinzer Moto knows
    N8, yakawars59, Fallacy and 10 others like this.
  6. Bultaco206

Oddometer:
    :imaposer

Well, I’m one of those weirdos that doesn’t buy insurance strictly on price. I’m a value/claims guy. Allied had been great to me over the years, especially with claims. But the last year I had them my shit jumped across the board. A lot. Before I could call my agent, he called ME and asked me if he could save me X-amount, would I go? He assured me the claims process was smooth, and he’d never had anyone really upset, even though Acuity was a minor line in his office at the time. So I trusted him and went along.

They’re now his main line with Allied/Nationwide sucking hind teat. :baby

I know that flag, Ferris Wheel, and the company itself, seem to get bad-mouthed. I guess we’ll see the first time I have a claim.
    N8, Fallacy, Bitingdog and 7 others like this.
  7. Mow-ree

Oddometer:
    They are a solid carrier, grown to a super regional. Every carrier has stories where a claimant wasn't happy. Sometimes justified, sometimes not. You will be fine if you have a claim.
  8. Bultaco206

Oddometer:
    I think insurance woes are a lot like warranty issues. If you’re an idiot you’re gonna have problems. :lol3 :jack

But, much like a good local dealer can make a warranty issue a non-issue, a good local insurance agent can do the same. I’ve seen it happen. Which I why I don’t usually buy moto stuff via the fast food retailers, or insurance without a local agent.
    N8, Fallacy, Bitingdog and 8 others like this.
  9. Mow-ree

Oddometer:
    Most woes are not understanding what you are paying for with coverage. A mutual writes to break even, if you want more stuff covered, you gotta pay more. Since some many people just price shop, thats a way to get price down, exclude certain things. Thats why the independent agent is good, well if they are good, some are not. They typically know standard coverage is per carrier and can put you with the one that meets your needs best.

And Bingo on the claims dispute. Thats where an agent earns their commission. If they have decent volume and a right side up loss ratio, they can make things happen.
  10. simmons1

simmons1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Exactly my point of answering maybe. Guys that are used to racing and trailering small light weight bikes all over creation don't exactly get the big bikes. I have worked in aviation most of life, which for me meant until recently long hours at work and lots of travel away from home. In my off time that last thing I wanted to be doing was loading up a trailer, driving somewhere to ride a little bit reloading the trailer to drive back home. I look at all the hours spent on the front and back end of a ride is time I could be riding. I make compromises with what and where I ride performance wise to be riding more often than not. I got completely burned out trailering snowmobiles when I lived up North. Having to load the trailer and drive somewhere and back after a long week at work turned snowmobiling into more work than fun.

That said, if I know I am going someplace to ride for a week in the same area or am time crunched for a quick weekend event hundreds of miles away then I will trailer the WRR. That typically happens 3 or 4 times a year.

I am still trying to find the right compromise bike for most of my non Wing riding with Linda. The S10 and AT have their places living in Texas when heading West but sometimes limit some things I would like to ride to to see. The old KLR is better for rougher site seeing but is very tired now and doesn't like 75 mile an hour speed limits. The WRR works very well everywhere except for high speed travel and high elevation. If I rode more or lived at high elevation, I would not have the WRR, maybe replace it with an Elle. I am hoping the T7 is my unicorn. If it is I may do some fleet reduction/reorganizing.
    N8, Fallacy, Bitingdog and 9 others like this.
  11. Mow-ree

Oddometer:
    Yesyes.gif

32693D0B-AA10-4762-AD6B-B1DE45B3870D.jpeg
    N8, Fallacy, AdvNener and 11 others like this.
  12. Bultaco206

Oddometer:
  13. Bultaco206

Oddometer:
    Have you seen one/sat on one/ridden one yet?
    N8, Fallacy, AdvNener and 10 others like this.
  14. alvincullumyork

alvincullumyork Ol Two Flags Supporter

Oddometer:
    Are they out in the wild here in freedom land?
  15. Bultaco206

Oddometer:
    I know there are some press units running around over south of @Mow-ree based at a Yamaha warehouse. I know there are units there. I thought they were starting to trickle into dealers. :dunno
  16. alvincullumyork

alvincullumyork Ol Two Flags Supporter

Oddometer:
    One of my vendor friends has been riding around on one for awhile now but he's up in the great white north. I'm not sure how he got it and I haven't talked to him yet about it.
  17. CDN Rick

CDN Rick Canoodia Eh?

Oddometer:
    TripleClamp?
  18. CDN Rick

CDN Rick Canoodia Eh?

Oddometer:
    I think I might like one....
    Not now...
    But maybe in a couple years...
  19. Bultaco206

Oddometer:
    I’m sure it will be just like the AT and Elle...the excuses will mount as to why someone didn’t buy one.
  20. OU812

OU812 Legend in my own Mind! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've been with my friends agency for 30+ years. I doubt ill switch unless I move out a state. He may be able to cover me then. I hope.