Yamaha WR250R Threadfest

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by gjcarving, Nov 23, 2013.

1. mylsmkj

mylsmkj Long timer

Oddometer:
    How much?
    Dirtleg, OU812, plumber mike and 6 others like this.
  2. Yinzer Moto

Yinzer Moto Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:

It is between that and a regular 125
    Dirtleg, yakawars59, OU812 and 8 others like this.
  3. CDN Rick

CDN Rick Canoodia Eh?

Oddometer:
    Not sure what they are in USD.
    Some shop in New York is managing the American Distribution. Two people are co-managing the North American Distribution. One of them is Rob Lang.
    Dirtleg, OU812, Bitingdog and 6 others like this.
  4. Fallacy

Fallacy FFE inc. Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Double quote..

Now that I’ve had time to ponder that, I remember going there LONG time ago. It was like stepping into a time machine as you entered, he had EVERYTHING! Probably was in the mid eighties.
    Dirtleg, yakawars59, OU812 and 6 others like this.
  5. Bultaco206

Bultaco206 Back-to-back motos suck Supporter

Oddometer:
    Any word on if Stay Cluckey has ruined his new gig yet? :jack
  6. Yinzer Moto

Oddometer:
    I got winded and tired when I had to walk up a hill in motorcycle boots today. I hope this helps.
  7. Fallacy

Oddometer:
    Mr Cluckery ruined it the moment he signed..
    Dirtleg, Bitingdog, OU812 and 7 others like this.
  8. Yinzer Moto

Oddometer:
    Sallys right leg might have some issues that I can’t figure oot. I got a call that the KE left her stranded. It wood knot start. I show up. It starts on the first kick. Her 125 has “starting issues” sometimes tuu. Electric start wood bee nice.
  9. Fallacy

Oddometer:
    This has been working well for the Sasquatch, the prices are definitely attractive. @Traveller128 has more experience with the Contact than I so he can probably offer some input.

7A3E13E5-C769-4F2B-BA6B-F5878D380BD9.jpeg

You being a KTM guy, it would fit right in. :lol3
  10. Yinzer Moto

Oddometer:
    How badly your you be murdered if someone saw you running studded tires out west?
  11. Yinzer Moto

Oddometer:
    That is an option. I am not sure I like that shade of orange.
  12. mylsmkj

mylsmkj Long timer

Oddometer:
    No big deal I don’t think, shoot by my house is an open ohv area. I wouldn’t go ride designated trails if I was going to shred the ground.

It’s still fall on the western slope, I hope it stays nice until December 4th when we leave for Egypt
  13. Padilen

Padilen Long timer

Oddometer:
    Beautiful day, little chilly to start. But I headed out in search of color. I found it. I thought I'd ride about 50 and head home. I did about 75, then checked the Evart trail head. Parking lot was full! Glad others were out enjoying the day too. I ended up trying the "short cut" through to Sunrise Lake. Was a big messy mistake. Logging operation, and wet weather have made a mess of the seasonal road. I'd probably have had an easier ride if I'd been on the trail. But the TW and rider made it. Decided I was still having fun to stop. Headed over to work to check on black walnut droppage. 102 miles! Then home in time to catch a ride to a birthday dinner party.
    I probably should clean the mud off my bike. But if tomorrow is nice, I may not waste the time.
  14. North ride

North ride Long timer

Oddometer:
    S3 has come out with a e start kit for the Cota 4rt. But I don't love the idea I think it will make for a heavy expensive bike. I think you are barking up the right tree with the Sherco ty 125 for a low cost option tew be ridden on the lower lines . I think the TRS e start X track smoker is it for the premium e start bike. The USA importer has been messing with the bike to have e start with the seat kit off and rumour is the factory has as well.
    kit-de-arranque-electrico-montesa-4rt.png
  15. mylsmkj

mylsmkj Long timer

Oddometer:
    Making your beautiful wife’s riding life easy is a good plan in my estimation!
  16. North ride

North ride Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tw can provide lots of fun. :-)
  17. Yinzer Moto

Oddometer:
    Yeah, the stuff that she is doing the Sherco would be fine. She is not hopping, not doing ledges.
  18. Fallacy

Oddometer:
    Before you pass on a Contact, give the 250 a try if you can. The power is pretty soft for a 250, it doesn’t surprise the Sasquatch very much and I get to thrash it to ride the stuff my Beta 300 snoozes through, it’s a fun change for me.
    Also it’s the best clutch I’ve ever had.
  19. Padilen

Padilen Long timer

Oddometer:
    If it runs it's fun. I don't think there is a motorcycle I'd not be able to enjoy. But the TW being low, with low gearing helped me. Had I been on a tall bike, I probably wouldnt have tried! The place I decide not to ride through. I had TW in first gear walking beside it. I was on the mucky edge of the narrow mound between 2 deep and wide water filled ruts. I had the TW on the area that was the most solid. Neither of us would have been recoverable from the muck holes. I kept thinking I need to get some pics. But didn't want to risk dropping my phone or anything else!
  20. North ride

North ride Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Gas Gas bikes I had a chance to ride rode well very light feeling and lots of motor a 300 GP and a older 250. I think if I just rode trials events and short loop ones they would be fine. But for play riding and mountain exploring I don't think I could live with the transmissions. The trans would be really ugly on a 125 with all the shifting. I personally feel like Jordi took all the good points of the Gasser and fixed the not so good stuff with his TRS brand.