1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Yamaha WR250R Threadfest

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by gjcarving, Nov 23, 2013.

1. CDN Rick

CDN Rick Canoodia Eh?

Oddometer:
    I’m afeared you aren’t incorrect.
  2. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:

Whatchagot dherr?

3D186BEE-625F-49B8-A377-06E5019A5A82.gif
  3. Bultaco206

Bultaco206 Back-to-back motos suck Supporter

Oddometer:
    They’re also in business to market an image. A big part of that image also means add-on sales. If Woody McWooderton is rocking a 250F, or a 450, for harescrambles, and he sees his heroes bashing 2-strokes in “HARD” events, then he’s gonna need one, too, ain’t he?

So ideally the Eurocycle company wants to see one of each in Woody’s garage.
  4. andrewgore

andrewgore Gôremā

Oddometer:
    Fer someone in sales, you sure seem to miss the point. KTM = Husky. If you can supply both sides of the spectrum, you win. They especially win, cause they literally have no other competition now from Nippon....ok, they have some comp with Sherco\beta, but the # of folks looking at those is tiny compared to the more mainstream KTM\H00sky. KTM knows that some folks are gonna hang onto the idea that 2T is the only way to do hard riding. KTM knows that some folks are only going to buy 4T bikes. Supply both sides, and THEY WIN. YUNO
    I don't even have PMS. :dunno
    Hells horses what'd you buy....that thing was MINT. :hide
  5. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    7F1519CE-D40E-485F-B75B-32F8F7A5C478.gif
  6. andrewgore

andrewgore Gôremā

Oddometer:
    The greatest comedy is hearing 2T riders trying to make their 2T power delivery similar to a 4T. Buy an injected 4T and be done with it. :lol3 :fpalm

But hey, I like the smell of premix every now and again too so....We all got our issues.
  7. CDN Rick

CDN Rick Canoodia Eh?

Oddometer:
    Maybe.... seems like a stretch though. Not a ton of guys I know buying two new different bikes every year or two....

Kinda like when Ford dropped the Ranger a while back. I was chatting with one of the guys who was a part of that decision. He said their studies showed that 90% of potential Ranger buyers would just buy an F150 instead.. and with more profit in the F150 sale they’d more than cover the last 10% who went elsewhere.
    They didn’t bring the Ranger back until they could do it on their new global platform. And judging by how many F150’s you see on the road they weren’t wrong.
  8. Fallacy

Fallacy FFE inc. Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Shiny plastics, air filters, lock on grips, sprockets, quick adjust clutch perch, Tubliss, mainly cosmetic with some personal preferences tossed in. All the hard parts are solid. :super
  9. andrewgore

andrewgore Gôremā

Oddometer:
    @Plebeian izzat you?
    :fpalm
  10. Bultaco206

Oddometer:
    You’re only gonna sell high-end dirtbikes to so many people. But it’s genius marketing to sell to the people you’ve already sold additional high-end dirtbikes.
  11. andrewgore

andrewgore Gôremā

Oddometer:
    Moto world is kinda like the gun world. Sure, there are a few that have 1, maybe 2 bikes. Then there's the other group with 50 bikes and boxes of parts for all those bikes crammed into 3 different garages, most of which never get used, but the owner wants em there......just in case.
  12. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:

When the CS is exposed, grease pack the seal behind the sprocket and bushing to prevent oil seeping. If it’s stored leaning right or on a stand it won’t drip. I do it more to keep water oot. My bikes are alweights et 90 degrees... like my yard.
  13. Fallacy

Oddometer:
    FFE has an image to uphold, functionally is was fine, cosmetically it looked like it was tossed off the crux a numbour of times.
    I had budgeted a larger sum than what I paid for it, just as well spend a couple bucks and make it fresh.
  14. andrewgore

andrewgore Gôremā

Oddometer:
    Bike wasn't leaking any fluids when it left GoreMotoWorld. Wait, maybe that means it had none left in it. :hmmmmm:hmmmmm
  15. Fallacy

Oddometer:
    You saw my gun safe tou? :photog
  16. Fallacy

Oddometer:
    :thumb
  17. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    It’s a semi sealed shaft area in there. The WR200 had the same parts. Some guys pop in an O ring like a KTM but I doubt it lasts very long. The grease is just a bit of insurance like in a wheel seal.
  18. yakawars59

yakawars59 Wearing pants is overrated

Oddometer:
  19. andrewgore

andrewgore Gôremā

Oddometer:
    Interesting. I never had an issue with mine there (that I knew of). Only area I ever noted was with regards to the oil pump, until I replaced all the fuel\oil lines. Then leaks were gone. :dunno
  20. Bultaco206

Oddometer:
    :photog