1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Yamaha XC155 (SMax) thread

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by Chillis, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well Niknok tell us what happened, more power, less power, ya just can't say I did this without a follow up bud hahaha
  2. niknok9

niknok9 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi bro,sorry for late reply.after installing the 63mm bbk,high cam,injector.racing variator.racing ignition coil and cable.yes its positive bro.it gives more accelaration and higher top speed.but im still tunning the engine upto now.every installation of new parts,specially the new injector need to adjust the fuel supply of it.i have new parts (koso big trottle body kit size 34#) that arrive last monday still haven’t installed yet bec of the cold weather here now.ill update you soon.thanks
  3. niknok9

niknok9 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    45712A86-EC28-4A1D-A700-0FCE65845B9B.jpeg Koso big trottle body kit size 34#
  4. Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice, ya for sure keep us informed, my scoot's up in the shop as its below freezing and snow every day, come on spring.
    niknok9 likes this.
  5. niknok9

niknok9 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    4B0B26A2-893B-45A8-A323-B7915992467D.jpeg 050786D6-8ED5-4A3C-BFA8-CE1A504E4A83.jpeg EFC6CABE-2173-4583-948D-D1712830066B.jpeg C42802D5-D7C9-4BBE-AF3A-00D6FDC379AF.jpeg ECBF688A-75E8-4013-BFE3-4736D7FAF1F9.jpeg KN/KOSO large capacity radiator for bbk,floating disc,adjustable shocks for low down plate , oil drain bolt and cnc engine cover
    Cyberidd and Nick113 like this.
  6. Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow, you win the lot, some nice stuff there for sure.
    niknok9 likes this.
  7. DrifterYank

DrifterYank Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I installed one of these that I got for Christmas. It's the MRA X-Creen Sport. After experimenting with the screen rotated at different angles, I found the most I can redirect the wind is from about throat level with the stock screen to forehead level with the MRA. I am 6 ft tall.

It appears they have changed the shape slightly. Yours appears to curve up slightly from the sides to the bottom. The bottom of mine is straight across from the sides.
  8. DrifterYank

DrifterYank Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I tried the horn that you recommended. Checking with a sound meter it was 83 db vs. 80 db for the OEM horn. The OEM horn has higher pitch however. The decibel reading did not change much when measured with the front cover off. With the front cover installed the tone is much lower because of the muffling effect of the cover.

I am going to return my horn.
  9. DrifterYank

DrifterYank Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I installed the beeper you recommended. Excellent. The sound and volume is just right.

I consider this a major safety improvement. It's too easy to leave your turn signals because of not looking at your instrument panel.
  10. ken robert

ken robert Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    2015 Smax with 2200 on it. My resort scooter. Got a bit hesitant to start Saturday. Called Palm Springs Motorsport. They have serviced the Smax. The shop serviced up a new battery. I waited three hours before arriving. Installed and out in 15 minutes. Excellent service and the Smax fires instantly. This is a great scooter. The shop had three on display, two black and a red. I have come to like the clean look sand color of mine. New price tags over $5k. Mines a keeper. 20181014_131051.jpg
    Hthr, The Virginian and ScooterJon like this.
  11. niknok9

niknok9 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  12. DrifterYank

DrifterYank Adventurer

Oddometer:
    S-max Service manual on eBay: There have been numerous posts in the past asking about the S-max service manual. I just checked with my dealer and all they can get is a $75 one in hard copy. I asked about a pdf version and they said they can't get those but perhaps they're available online from Yamaha. I just found one on eBay for 2015-2018. I purchased it for $20. It is from California. I have downloaded it. Be careful, I saw other listings like from Lithuania.

Here is a link:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-201...782363?hash=item4446decb9b:g:mSIAAOSwvbhdipct
    Cyberidd likes this.
  13. Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks, that is a good price,
  14. WKYRIDER

WKYRIDER n00b

Oddometer:
    Cold weather start issue... I have a 2018 SMAX. I bought it this past summer and had zero issues. I had the dealer do the 1st service and no issues were noted. Now that the weather is starting to get cold i can't get the scooter to start. It will not start if the temp is in the 30s. Anything over that and it'll fire no problem. The bike will crank, but wont ever turnover. Any ideas? I just sold my 2 stroke Genuine Roughhouse and had zero issues starting it year round.
  15. Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit Long timer

Oddometer:
    Have you checked the battery, I have mine on a battery tender and it starts and we are way below 30f here.
    niknok9 likes this.
  16. WKYRIDER

WKYRIDER n00b

Oddometer:
    i have and its in good shape.
  17. Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit Long timer

Oddometer:
    Does it have stabil in the gas, which won't matter if the gas is fresh.
  18. byee

byee Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you’re interested I do have a legitimate PDF version of service manual with receipt from my Yamaha dealer. It’s a true PDF and not a scanned paper manual into a PDF.

I’ve sold my SMAX so I no longer have a need for it.
  19. WKYRIDER

WKYRIDER n00b

Oddometer:
    Fresh gas. i ride as much as i can, aka any day it will start.
  20. ken robert

ken robert Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just had to buy a new battery for my '15 Smax. I don't think we can expect more than 3-4 years on OEM batteries. I do not use a battery tender. That may helpfor a longer life. Simple switch out on the Smax.