1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Yamaha XC155 (SMax) thread

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by Chillis, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit Long timer

Oddometer:
    I used a battery tender junior on my HD bagger and the battery lasted 12 years, unbelievable, I have it on my smax now, I know the fuel injection doesn't like low voltage, even a bit low,
  2. Moat

Moat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yep, same here - Battery Tender Jr. on my YZF600r - OEM Yuasa battery was 15 yrs old and still started right up when I sold the bike.

Bob
  3. AJ32162

AJ32162 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I always use a battery tender. I have 5 years on my OEM SMax battery and it starts like the day it was purchased.
  4. DandM

DandM Long timer

Oddometer:
    Korky's.jpg
    Wife & I took a nice country ride with our Versys X, and Yamaha S a few days ago; before this cold snap.
  5. Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice, this is me in the back yard making a path for my dogs, sure wish I was out riding, might be a little while.

Attached Files:

6. ScooterJon

ScooterJon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Went on a Goodwill clothes donation run. Bag fit perfectly. A flat load floor definitely comes in handy.

Attached Files:

7. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Tight valves will cause hard starting..
  8. ken robert

ken robert Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bet the battery is weak. Been there where below about 45 my Smax would crank but not catch. New battery solved it. The scooter fires immediately.
  9. Hthr

Hthr n00b

Oddometer:
  10. Hthr

Hthr n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi All, Above is Gypsy Blue. She's a 2017 SMAX that I bought brand new last winter (2019), picked up last April. I had the dealer get the painting done - she used to be all black. I love how the colour turned out. I send a standard paint patch by email to the dealer and said "have them aim for this colour". It might be a shade or two off, but I don't care! It's not like they could match my computer settings to see what I see! I've got about 1100km on the odometer, not much riding last summer for a lot of reasons including a nail in the rear tire requiring replacing (and the requisite time required for bike shops to do work during good weather). She's great! Once I realized that, unlike a "geared" bike, I need to do all of my accelerating at once, then back off when I'm at the speed I'm aiming for, it made more sense and she was MUCH more fun to ride. On one excursion on a secondary road (80kmh limit) I looked down and I was going 127kmh per the speedometer, with the tach not much higher than 8000 (9000 being the red line?). Ooops, quickly slowed back to 100kmh like everyone else LOL. It's quite comfortable to cruise at 100kmh. This summer I'm going to look into getting some seat adjustment done. It's just plain uncomfortable. There's a local auto upholsterer who also does motorcycle seats and he comes well-recommended by gals I used to ride with. This scooter is MUCH lighter than my 2013 Honda CB500X (Floyd) that I used to have. I don't find the seat height to be an issue for me (29" inseam, 31" seat height) because it's not that heavy as Floyd was to lean over to flat foot on one side when stopping for a light. I couldn't do that with Floyd and had to get a lowering kit for him.
    The last time I went to start Gypsy Blue at the storage place I couldn't get her started. I took the battery out (far easier than I thought it would be!), brought it home and charged it. It took quite a while to charge so clearly it was low. I haven't had a day of +7C or better weather since then to go try the fully charged battery out to see if it was just that as the problem. I'm hoping I don't have to buy another battery...or anything more than that!!
  11. ScooterJon

ScooterJon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hthr likes this.
  12. Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ya good colour scheme Hthr thinking of painting some of my 2016 ,it's black and gunmetal grey ,has a couple of rub spots from straps.
  13. Hthr

Hthr n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi Twinrider, my BF and I are planning a Japan trip in 2021. I would LOVE!!!LOVE!!! to tour the Yamaha factory - it's in Iwata, right? How does a person make that happen? My Japanese reading skills are very new - I haven't learned all of the hiragana and katakana yet let alone Kanji, but I know enough to see you're from Japan. :)
  14. The Virginian

The Virginian YouTube n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    Amazing paint job and kind of cool to have a one of a kind.

Eric

PS: Welcome to ADV Battle scooters!
    Salth2ofish and Hthr like this.
  15. twinrider

twinrider Pass the catnip

Oddometer:
    I didn't arrange it. The event was set up by a guy here with factory contacts and it was held to honor another buddy whose FJR had 300,000 km on it. Don't think they do it normally.
  16. niknok9

niknok9 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Transmission breather hose,to lower transmission pressure.if you have bigger cylinder block this is recommended. C295D093-DAA8-4020-87D3-157F02F57DDD.jpeg
  17. niknok9

niknok9 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Daytona adjustable shocks 5A3068BC-C17A-432F-BDBD-47E6D0711B12.jpeg 1ACC0773-02F1-497D-B0AB-E74F8F3EE029.jpeg BF0D2037-CD06-427D-8995-5183C5021E58.jpeg
    Sergius and Chillis like this.
  18. Chillis

Chillis Long timer

Oddometer:
    I wouldn't mind having one of these bikes again. Big time overachiever.

2014-12-22.jpg
  19. Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit Long timer

Oddometer:
    Niknok did that rear shock get rid of the harsh ride in the rear, the front fork are pretty abrupt also, wish they had pre load and rebound dampning
    niknok9 likes this.
  20. niknok9

niknok9 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes bro,stock shocks of smax is stiff compare to this adjustable,stock shocks is good only for atleast 1-2 years of riding.ill show you pics why you need to upgrade your shocks specially when your a heavy rider.the bracket that holds the shock on the frame is not that heavy duty.so when your shock absorb heavy impact it might damage your shock bracket on the frame E668913B-7104-4B53-A0F2-5C5332CA350D.jpeg 9186B689-8D6D-4982-BFA4-3B76BCF878FB.jpeg
    Chillis and The Virginian like this.