Yamaha XT1200Z SuperTénéré owners: Show Us Your Bikes!

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by AndreiZ, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Adanac rider

Adanac rider O.S.T.R. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Isn't that a mirror image :rofl
  2. Adanac rider

Adanac rider O.S.T.R. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good eye :brow
  3. BillWass

BillWass Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This was West of Austin in the Hill Country area. Beautiful scenery and all accessible via two lane and/or single lane back roads.

Great stuff. If you ever make it down here, let me know.
  4. shinkle23

shinkle23 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    eemsreno,
    What is the backrest/rear rack set up do you have here in this pic of your S10? Thanks.
  5. eemsreno

eemsreno Super Tenere Rider.

Oddometer:
    I just bought that back pad off EBay and welded up the mount for it with lots of rewelding and changes until my wife said it was perfect.
    The rear rack that the Motofizz is on , came with a Carabo trunk that I won at a Tenere rally. It is just a big aluminum plate but the Motofizz fit on perfect.
    shinkle23 likes this.
  6. Sid Post

Sid Post Middle aged rider

Oddometer:
    I'm shopping used Super Tenere's. Right now, I'm seeing a 2013 (16K miles) and a 2017 (9K miles) model that seem like reasonable candidates for the money.

I'm not hung up on Electronic Suspension and actually prefer fewer electronics in general though, I do want ABS and Fuel Injection. I test rode a new 2020 demo model and really liked it in general BUT, found power (torque specifically) to be pretty low below 3K RPMs.

Would a reflash and exhaust swap get the torque down low where it should be IMHO? How much cost am I looking at?

What gotcha's should I be aware of looking at used Super Tenere's?

TIA,
    Sid
  7. shinkle23

shinkle23 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just picked it up this morning. A new left over 2018 ES. I put a quick 175 miles on it today. Ready to start tinkering getting it set up. Think I need to start with the ergos. Bars raised a bit, seat a little less sloped, maybe some wind management. Then add my Mosko backcountry bags, drop and bash protection. Hmmm, what else?

S10 pick up.jpg
    krussell, MonkeyBut, MFP and 6 others like this.
  8. twinrider

twinrider Pass the catnip

Oddometer:
    Congrats on the new bike. Helibar risers and a flash were the first two things I did followed by Givi pannier racks. The OEM winglets help with wind protection and the bumper mod flattens the seat.
    NewEnglander likes this.
  9. fastring

fastring Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Lots to search on. Gen 1 is 2013 and older with CCT gotcha. Gen 2 get cruise, no gotchas and a few refinements generally considered worth the $. Torque is already down low, the tune gets rid of restrictions in first 3 gears that supposedly makes a big difference.
    strommonster likes this.
  10. twinrider

twinrider Pass the catnip

Oddometer:
    A flash alone will make it rip, but for max power add an Arrow decat header as well. The muffler itself doesn't make a big difference.
  11. psyfalcon

psyfalcon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Got a 2019 on the 17th. 650 miles. Dealer apparently can't get me in for a 600 mile til Friday. Make that an 800 mile service?

I put the seat back to the high position. Seat is a little soft, but I personally don't mind the slope or anything. Engine bars coming this week. Just in time for the service, I guess I wont install those as soon as they come. Hard bags were backordered. Who would have thought touring bags would be in short supply when we're not supposed to be traveling much.

Very glad I got the ES. Set it on old Caddy between here and wherever, then its just 2 button pushes to keep it from wallowing in the turns.
  12. Cuttin

Cuttin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'll have a Russell seat posted up very very shortly....in case you're interested....or any other viewer.
    Coming off my ex-2017 ES.
    Some AltRider stuff....bars, skid plate, luggage rack rear and pillion seat.
    Bags not going to be available.
    Not trying to hijack your post...!!!
    I'll delete if you tell me to...✅✅

'17 Tenere....jpg
  13. DirtDad

DirtDad Green Chile Guru

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Had some time off last week. About a 1000 miles of various riding in Northern NM, and a brew tour with my neighbor on his Roadking.
  14. Dirt2007

Dirt2007 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Did a road trip to the Smoky Mountains with a couple old friends. 9 days on the road. 11 states visited. Blue Ridge Pkway, Cherohala Skway, Tail of the Dragon, whitewater rafting, Barber Motorcycle Museum and finished off with AMA flat track races in Mesquite TX.

20200923_092334.jpg

kdklnamgi.jpg

20200925_185001.jpg

20200927_143621.jpg
    krussell, MonkeyBut, eemsreno and 8 others like this.
  15. NewEnglander

NewEnglander Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Finished the NEBDR yesterday. The bike did well. 0B5E3FE9-055B-4FA4-AB5F-EB3A28B94AF4.jpeg 89766C3C-4F09-4D6A-8DE3-F0D81BA1FBD3.jpeg 00A9B977-250F-455A-B50A-62092EA1FB1B.jpeg 533B5D5C-315A-45BF-B5D4-31D5A060E1ED.jpeg 592FBCD6-FF31-4B06-A613-7A6F95232431.jpeg
    krussell, CJBDRdude, PWRCRZR and 13 others like this.
  16. treybrad

treybrad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    @Sid Post , what part of TX are you in? If you're in the Austin area you're welcome to ride mine -- it's been flashed (and happens to be for sale - https://advrider.com/f/threads/2017...full-bumot-luggage-and-more-austin-tx.1466952 ).

Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Trey
  17. Sid Post

Oddometer:
    PM sent.
  18. atravlr

atravlr www.atasecuretravel.com

Oddometer:
    Tenere 2020.jpg Start of a 2700 mile loop through Idaho, Montana, Washington, smoky Oregon and upper California.
  19. ALBERT_

ALBERT_ Adventurer

Oddometer:
  20. Sid Post

Oddometer:
    I don't know but, it looks more like a nice shed to me!

Nice stone buildings like that are beautiful to me. What part of the world is that?