Yeah, got a booth at the show!

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by CruisingRam, Mar 16, 2008.

1. CruisingRam

CruisingRam Frankenbike builder

Oddometer:
    They had sold out at one point, didn't think I was going to make it, being the new business owner and pretty broke most of the time, but they made room for me at the show- how cool is that? Now I gotta keep working like a dog to have some product for sale, thank gawd I have so many friends that want to see this thing happen, and are helping me out for "shop time"-

something I really love about Alaskans- the "hey, catch me when you are doing better, help me out, pay it forward- yadda yadda"- and why I will never leave this state for another.

I don't know if my biz will make it or not- still too early to tell, but man, my friends sure make me want to try a bit harder! :D

I am begining to understand more and more the Alaskan small biz's commitment and loyalty to customers, when they succeed. :clap
  2. AKDuc

AKDuc Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer:
    Cool. Congrats.

Last I heard you'd given up on the bike stands because they could be had for cheap out of China.

So is your biz all "Frankenbike" production?

See you all there, Mark H.
  3. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Congrats CR, see you at the show! Stick with it buddy!
  4. CruisingRam

CruisingRam Frankenbike builder

Oddometer:
    I thnk Katoomer needs a 6 placer or something- he ought to see me for helping him out with his bike storage/used bike lot:D

But I will have two-two placers and 4 one placer- I will sell them for the same price as the chinese- just to pay for my booth at the show:deal (oh, no one makes multi-bike wheel chocks like I do)

And anything left over goes into my "tool budget"- I am trying to get together enough scratch for the tubing bender.

I wil lhave the Z1 frame with the motor in it to highlight my old bike upgrades, and one or two chopper frames based on my "brass knuckle" hide a shock design.

I have decided that this years frames and projects that I use to promote/display full custom bikes, with a custom frame, will be in the next years show from now on, I think I am at a place where I can do that now. Both choppers are a bit behind schedule, but will be ready for the spring/summer riding schedule- and the Z1 is mine, so it will most certainly be done, and chasing your trump and duc to girdwood- I want to see how good that thing can hang with the mods- I am thinking very good, as the motor should be pumping around 120hp+ and the wieght should be well under 5hundred pounds now! I am hoping I get my Chrome moly metal in soon enough to have my swing arm done for my Z1 as well, so I can have that on display- I milled the axle plates myself- hey, I can now make custom axle plates for customers, soon to be followed by triple trees! Woo hoo!

But I will have a few bike stands for sale at the show- I don't make any money on them now, they are just to recoup costs.

BTW- I still owe you one, don't I? I have it pretty much ready to go- I will have to use it as my display for you to pick it up on Sunday:D