Yellow's girls first trip MKE -> Superior Nat'l Frst

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by yellow, May 28, 2006.

1. yellow

yellow Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well after camping in the Superior Natl Forest, I gotta say the 1150GS looks a lot like a giant mosquito when she is nekkid.....

I got the bike ('04 1150GS) last fall (August) to spoil myself after surviving the fire academy in MKE. Ended up being 100% american and lived outside my means. Damn glad I did. For what it is worth and I'll probably get flamed for this, bought it and my roomie and to ride it home - no license yet. Didn't even know if my girl liked being on a bike. Ended up putting on 6,000 miles since then and this trip added at least another 1000 (not done yet)

Anyway point of this thread was how great the Superior Nat'l Forest is. We rode up Hwy 61 to Grand Marais via the Aerostich Factory (not that I can afford one now, hell $ is so tight no camera for trip pix). We bought a map for the Nat'l Forest and dove in. Wow - Tons of trails (all done on Tourances) Dumped her, got a high five from the girl. Got her stuck in mud. That was fun the two of us getting eaten by black flies pushing her out. There was a lot I didn't ride, and a lot that we did. What great area.

We also stopped in the Chequmagon (i have no idea how to spell that) Nat'l forest up near Ashland thinking that we could hit some more trails. NEGATIVE! at least for this trip. That whole area of the state is SANDY. Not got at that yet at all, especially fully loaded with my girl on the back.

Just wanted to share a cool adventure. Oh yeah - the girl thought the bike was the coolest purchase that I had ever made, besides the tandem of course.

Yellow

---oh yeah, specailly shout out to the FLEA MARKET. Corbin and backrest made this trip much better.
  2. fifthcircle

fifthcircle Beer Knurd

Oddometer:
    Sounds like it was fun. Now go get yer license!
  3. MNwilly

MNwilly RIP, my friend...

Oddometer:
    You could pick up a disposable digital camera for a few bucks. We'll need to see pics of your girlfriend.:deal
  4. yellow

yellow Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Don't worry I got it last fall. Just didn't have it when I bought the bike.

5. ride no evo

ride no evo Suck it Trebek

Oddometer:
    That is some cool area I used to canoe with an outfitter out of Grand Marais into the boundary waters. When I gets my r12 adv gonna have to make a trip out there.

So Yellow, your a FF in MKE, what house are you out of. I used to be a para-magician and now I get paid to ride for the blue side.

-Evo
  6. MNwilly

MNwilly RIP, my friend...

Oddometer:
    OK, no more secret code language.:lol3

Still waiting for pics of the GF.:wink:
  7. kfsinc

kfsinc Chaingolian Observer Supporter

Oddometer:
    let me be more to the point:

This post is worthless without pictures!!

don't get me wrong, we're still proud of you for taking a trip with your GF and all :clap , but we're mostly visual people here :deal and we need pics of your GF :wink: and your GS. (save the pics of yourself for later). :D

kfs

pui on a holiday...