Yellowstone Valley - Billings, Montana roll call!!!!

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by 4low, Nov 3, 2019.

1. 4low

4low n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello! Just seeing if there is any interest in the Billings area for a meet up and possibly plan some trips for this upcoming spring/summer?!
    handensco likes this.
  2. wobbly one

wobbly one Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey 4low - count me in! Nice to hear of another Billings inmate.
  3. 4low

4low n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey wobbly, sounds good! We should get something planned. Surprised there aren't more inmates from the area! What do you ride?!
  4. wobbly one

wobbly one Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey 4low - I am surprised also about the lack of response. Billings seems to have quite a few road riders and also quite a few dirt riders - but not many ADV riders. I ride a GS1200 and a K1100RS - I also have a couple of dirt only machines but they are shoehorned in the back of my garage at present. And how about you - what do you ride? I know of a few guys in town with GS800 and XC 800 machines - I think they would enjoy planning some rides. Missoula has a pretty active community - look up Montana BMW Riders www.mtbmwriders.org. A good group of active riders and several rides all over Montana on the calendar. A lot of rides in the center part of the state which makes it doable for us reprobates from Billings. You don't have to have a BMW at all - a lot of members ride different colored machines. https://www.mtbmwriders.org/uploads/Newsletter_2019-09.pdf
  5. 4low

4low n00b

Oddometer:
    I picked up a DR650 down in Colorado this past summer. I am setting aside some time this winter to catch up on maintenance, a long with some other odds and ends. I did see an ATV oriented club as well as the motocross club, but this is the first I've heard of the Montana BMW Riders! I will have to look into it a bit more. Thanks for the link!

I have yet to venture too far from town on the bike, just a lot of playing around on the back roads. I guess I did bring it up to the Pryors and spent the day tooling around. What kind of range are you seeing with those big brutes?! :p

I have a couple ideas for rides, what type of rides do you prefer?
  6. Rocky Mountain Motos

Rocky Mountain Motos On a long leash

Oddometer:
    A lot of us in Red Lodge, but not many on ADVRider it seems.
    handensco likes this.