Yenkro motorcycle products Dr650 and drz400 fairing kits.

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by DRjoe, Aug 13, 2015.

1. DRjoe

DRjoe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi
    I've been making one off parts and building up adventure bikes part time for the last 6 years and now I've decided its time to go full time.
    This has only been possible with help from a lot of mates met on this great website so thanks advrider and all the inmates that make it what it is.

What I do:
    I can take a customers vague brief or specific idea and design a part or a whole bike to meet the criteria I can then build it using a variety of materials such as Aluminium, carbon fiber and other composites, steel and plastics.
    From custom headlight assemblys to 100hp 2wd custom built adventure bikes anything is possible.
    I'm based in Queensland Australia so custom work is not alway possible for American customers (unless you want to ship your bike over) bit if you have an idea you think I can help you with get in contact and let's see what we can do.

I will also be introducing my Yenkro product line which will include products like bash plates and fairing kits.
    Unlike the jebtech custom stuff all the Yenkro products will be bolt on parts and accessories that the customer can order off the shelf and then fit themselves.

For enquirers and orders email, call or send me a pm
    Email: brazier.joe@gmail.com
    Phone: 0409 493 046
    www.yenkro.com
    bgw2go, trautfel and mr bones like this.
  2. DRjoe

DRjoe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yenkro Dr650 fairing kit

This fairing kit transforms the bike into a mile munching adventure weapon whilst still keeping it tough and nimble enough for the tighter trails.
    The wind and weather protection this kit gives makes riding the bike at speed for prolonged periods a much more enjoyable experience, At the end of days riding you'll be amazed at how much better you feel having had the wind pressure removed from your body by the fairing.

This fairing doesn't just improve the cruising style type adv riding but with the extra wind deflection and the added space to lean forward that a fork mounted screen doesn't allow you can really get stuck in and attack the trail whilst doing your best Cyril Despres impression.
    Its even handy for hiding behind whilst you bust through overgrown single track or whilst your mates throw roost at you.

Fitting the kit allows you to move your gps and other accessories that once cluttered up your bars up on to the dash panel and into view making gps navigation on move a much safer and less stressful exercise, Having any gauges or warning lights up on the dash and in view allows you to keep an eye on things without having to look down and away from where your going for too long.

That heavy stock glass headlight, its heavy steel brackets, the plastic shroud, screen, aux lighting, gps, charge sockets and any other accessories you might have adds up to a considerable amount of weight and with this kit all that weight gets removed from your forks which allows the steering to do what it needs to do rather than being pulled around by all that weight.
    Most riders have reported surprising gains in the bikes handling and front end grip after they fitted the kit.

The new headlight that's included in the kit has a big deep reflector which results in a vastly better light than the stock glass lens type headlight and with the ability to have a light bar or spot lights mounted safely out of the way under the fairing means you can have an awesome light output without looking like something out of close encounters of the third kind.

We all know that if you aren't crashing you aren't trying hard enough so with that in mind this kit has been designed to take a hit and bounce back, Because of its urethane rubber mounting system and tough panel this kit will literally bounce back from knocks and nudges expected whilst on the more challenging and technical trails and in that big off that we all hope never happens the tower protects its self and the accessories mounted to it by swiveling side ways on impact, this limits any damage caused to the bike, kit and your expensive accessories.
    Ive personally tested how crash worthiness this kit is more time that I'd care to remember and so far the only damage has been to the rider.

This kit is designed to be a complete bolt on kit with no permanent modifications needed to the bike.

Price.
    $1199.95 including shipping to the US

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The mounting system uses 4 bolt holes already in the bikes frame and the main tower assembly is joined to the mount bracket via a urethane rubber mount.
    This mount allows for flex and vibration absorption plus in big crash the fairing assembly can swivel to one side which helps reduce chance of damage.

The main tower assy has a large dash panel that's been left as a blank canvas for the end user to fit up as they see fit or if you like leave it blank, all the stock instruments and the ignition switch can be left in there original position.

There is a cross brace under the fairing chin that can be used for hanging aux lighting off and there are also brackets included that can be used to mount mini indicators and a 6" light bar.

The fairing panel is hand laid using a variety of cloths with VE resin resulting in a high strength part that is flexible and tough enough to survive the roughest of adv riding.
  3. DRjoe

DRjoe Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. DRjoe

DRjoe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mounting bracket and tower assy
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dash area
    [​IMG]

An example of a simple dash setup with a GPS/radio, temp guage, 12v power socket and a USB power socket. (Sorry about the blurry pic)
    [​IMG]
  5. DRjoe

DRjoe Long timer

Oddometer:
    The headlight included in the kit is the same one as ktm use in the 690sm (you know the one that looked like woody woodpecker)
    It uses the same bulb as the drs original light but due to its large deep reflector light out put and focus is much better than stock.

[​IMG]
  6. mxbundy

mxbundy Long timer

Oddometer:
    What headlight assembly is that? And do you have a fairing that works with the IMS tank?

Bundy

Nice choice in seats by the way!!
  7. DRjoe

DRjoe Long timer

Oddometer:
  8. DRjoe

DRjoe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Drz400 fairing kit to suit the 28l safari tank.
    Same main components as the dr650 kit but with the brackets required to bolt it up to the drz400, no drilling, no welding and no other permanent mods needed to fit, Just unbolt the stock stuff and bolt on the fairing kit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    soulbazz likes this.
  9. DRjoe

DRjoe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Takes 120 bits n pieces to make a dr650 fairing kit

[​IMG]

Kit gets shipped assembled and ready to bolt on
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. DRjoe

DRjoe Long timer

Oddometer:
    It seems my website is broken and enquiries have not been getting through to me, we're working on fixing the problem now.

Apologise to people who have enquired through the website and not received a response.
    If you would like to email directly with any enquiries at brazier.joe@gmail.com
    Or if you prefer you can send a PM.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Joe brazier
  11. BergDonk

BergDonk Old Enough to Know Better

Oddometer:
    After I broke my DR650 in half due to normal use, Joe figured I might like to help with destruction testing one of his prototypes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IMHO its really well designed, offers better wind protection than my previous SFB screen, is hardly any heavier than the stock arrangement with all its steel bracketry and glass light, and to top it off, the bike steers better with all the weight off the bars and onto the frame.

We liked it so much in fact, that another bike I built up for a mate had to have one too.

They've now both survived a couple of minor offs with no damage, just a tweak from the flex mount to line it up again.

Recommended :clap
    DRjoe likes this.
  12. yachabibi

yachabibi Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bump.
    Good stuff.
    Go to website to check out first class KTM stuff too.
    DRjoe likes this.
  13. DRjoe

DRjoe Long timer

Oddometer:
    The 20% off special offer on the drz400 and dr650 yenkro fairing kits will be ending this Saturday.

Thanks

Joe
  14. BlueHeart

BlueHeart Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to it Joe! Have a great weekend!

Torr
  15. mxbundy

mxbundy Long timer

Oddometer:
    In one of the pics the fuel tank has screws sticking up out of it, are special tanks you have to get to run the faring kit??
  16. DRjoe

DRjoe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi
    The kit does not use the bolts on the tanks (they come on the newer safari tanks) the whole assembly mounts to the bikes frame and the fairing panel just pushes up against the tank.
    This allows the fairng and tank to move independently of each other over rough roads and in the event of a crash.
    The big oversize tanks jiggle around a fair bit in the rough going so I've found it important not to fix the fairing to the tank.
  17. DRjoe

DRjoe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Torr
    Had a great weekend riding around with a bunch of other dr and drz owners.
    BlueHeart likes this.
  18. yachabibi

yachabibi Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bump. Dr 650 thread is having a chat about wind protection. I'm sure they are interested.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
  19. DRjoe

DRjoe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks yachabibi.

Wind deflection is the main reason I developed the fairing kit.
    The fairing works incredibly well in that regard, I'd like to say it from extensive wind tunnel testing and computer simulations but the reality is when it comes to the aero I fluked it.

Due to the fairing being mounted much futher forward than a normal aftermarket screen it can be the same height but the air has been pushed much higher by the time it reaches the rider so it has the same effect of having a realy tall screen mounted to the stock headlight.

The other thing different with a fairing over a windscreen is it has sides where as screens normally don't, The angled sides help smoothly guide the air around the side of the rider rather than a screen that ends abruptly will cause the air to roll off the edge and start tumbling immediately which I believe is the main cause of buffeting for people as this is what nocks your helmet side to side.
    BlueHeart likes this.
  20. BlueHeart

BlueHeart Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is the headlight aim adjustable?