Yes or No, Have you had a fuel pump problem on your 990.

Discussion in 'Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)' started by Gimme 2, May 7, 2009.

1. MymoJoe

MymoJoe Ride Ride Ride

Oddometer:
    Fernvale QLD not close enough to the desert
    cheap filters... an inmate here was offering 990/1190 filters at a very reduced rate... who was that?

Joe
  2. bikyto

bikyto Dans le doute...gaz!

Oddometer:
  3. GazzaFish

GazzaFish Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    my filter blocked up at about 55000K's. Bought the KTM filter kit (about $150 from memory), fitted it and just about to hit 80,000k's and running sweeeeeeeeet
  4. RoundOz

RoundOz Plenty of seasoning

Oddometer:
    That speaks more of the quality of your fuel than the quality of those filters. I am one of many that change much more frequently and carry a spare set all the time. Jealous.
  5. GazzaFish

GazzaFish Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    totally. I commute daily and always fill up from the same petrol station that is extremely busy all the time so I assume the petrol is being turned over very frequently. I try stay away from any service station that looks dodgy
  6. RoundOz

RoundOz Plenty of seasoning

Oddometer:
    I have had prefilters in my tanks for about 8000 miles now. I check them frequently as they will supposedly even trap water for a short time. They stay pretty clean but I will still be changing my pump filters before the riding season anyway. Once bitten.....
    GazzaFish likes this.