Yet, another aftermarket exhaust thread, F800GS

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by Paulie M, Feb 29, 2020.

1. ragtoplvr

ragtoplvr Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have about 20 K miles on Danmoto on 1200 GS no baffle, ever.

It is still doing OK. I will repack this winter. There is no spark arrestor. It is rumored to spit flame on deceleration backfires. The backfires do scatter the deer.

Rod
    Glenn247 and spencermarkd like this.
  2. Sjones423

Sjones423 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    loony888 likes this.
  3. mistermouse

mistermouse Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I’ve had the Dan Moto Jisu on mine and I thought it was too loud without the baffle insert and nearly right with it in . I have taken it off for the moment as on longer trips it is just a tad too loud at constant throttle , too loud for my wife to.
    Anyone know why the baffle goes in the ‘lower ‘end of the can and not the end ?
    Glenn247 likes this.
  4. Glenn247

Glenn247 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    How badly does the stock exhaust choke the bike?
  5. BMW-K

BMW-K F800GS FTW! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have a Remus oval on my 2010 F800GS. After many years the mounting bracket broke, just cracked in half at the mounting screws and now the muffler is just hanging there unsupported.

A call to Remus was handled great and they shipped me a brand new mounting bracket - no charge. No questions asked, just shipped me a new bracket.

That kind of service on a 10 year old exhaust is the kind of service that makes for a client for life.
    Glenn247, gs_lad and shuswap1 like this.
  6. Redback-gj

Redback-gj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    For those who have a Remus full set on the bike, what bash plate have you got that fits? I just put a full Remus system on mine and my Outback Motortek plate no longet fits (mounting hardware conflicts).
  7. JRWooden

JRWooden never attribute to malice...

Oddometer:
    I have one of these units installed:

https://delkevic.com/18-carbon-fiber-oval-muffler-to-fit-f800gs-2008-2018/

I enjoy the weight savings and all that, but the vibration isolation is close to zero on most of the 3rd party units.
    Steel strap to bolt ... maybe a piece of rubber under the strap ... done.

To its credit the ( albeit porky ) BMW unit has an amazingly good vibration isolation bushing ...
    Has anyone stumbled over some way to improve the isolation of the third-party units?
  8. wolffo

wolffo mas gasolina!

Oddometer:
    I went with the 14" stainless oval from delkevic for $194 delivered....
    I have not ever had the db killer inserted
    I love it
  9. loony888

loony888 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  10. okennon

okennon Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I haven't done a search but since the header and cat are a. welded one piece has anyone gutted the can and welded it back? I did that with an 1150 and eliminated the crossover can on my old 650. Not a big whoop for a fair tigger and a hell of a lot cheaper than a new header.
  11. Drunk_Uncle

Drunk_Uncle Long timer

Oddometer:
    So I want the full Arrow system, but can't buy both right now. Does anyone know if Arrow head pipe has O2 sensor bung and bolts to the stock can? I assume it would mate with the stock can if a Arrow slip on mates to stock header pipe. Main concern is the O2 sensor bung.

May end up with a LEO VINCE end can on the Arrow head pipe out of an economical reason.

I had a Dan Moto short, straight through muffler on my R1150GS with Y pipe for a week. It was H/D Sportster 2" drag pipe loud. That is my experience with Dan Moto Exhaust. The 1150 sounded like a REALLY loud wet fart. Idle was super cool evil sound.