Yet another bear question

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by squonker, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    FRANK is doping?

A congressional D2D Doping hearing?
  2. kodiakfrank

kodiakfrank Gloria's Cheerleader

Oddometer:
    Nope! I am a dope but I don't use dope.:deal

That is with the rare exception of legally and properly perscribed drugs for my growing list of aging/aching/failing/broken parts and pieces.:lol3

:freaky
  3. friar mike

friar mike IronButtGruver

Oddometer:
    thats what Iam talkin about:1drink :rofl:twitch :stoned there got to be some plus in gettin old.:gerg
  4. Bretta on Shadow

Bretta on Shadow Bretta

Oddometer:
    I slept thru Groundhog Day, didn't I?
    Does that mean six more weeks of blizzards?
  5. Ride2ADV

Ride2ADV World Shrinkers Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    If we haven't been there, it's on the list.
    Kim will keep me safe :rofl
  6. squonker

squonker Stupid is the new norm

Oddometer:
    Kim had better be well trained, cos 'dem bears can be right crafty!...

[​IMG]
  7. friar mike

Oddometer:
    In a word------------------------------------YES
  8. Ride2ADV

Oddometer:
    Kim says, "Isn't that the old AK overhand inverted bear crawl method? She thought they'd be using the cross torso bear belly slide by now..." :lol3

All kidding aside, we're steering clear of the big furry critters.
  9. akrider

akrider mild adventurer

Oddometer:
    If a bear will hang upside down on a rope just to get to some birdseed just think what he/she would go through to get a Aerostitch Taco. (and your the meat)
  10. Phish

Phish Fishbone

Oddometer:
    When you are laying in your sleeping bag dosing off, remember your place in the food chain :eek1

[​IMG]
  11. HackyMoto

HackyMoto TEAM USA GS TROPHY 2012

Oddometer:
    MMM MMM Yum some fresh Tourists
    [​IMG]
  12. Ride2ADV

Oddometer:
    I recognize the seriousness of the bear threat. I guess I went too far with the joke on this thread. We don't intend to joke around with safety nor would we do anything to suggest that anyone else do so.

So I sincerely apologize if I came across as minimizing the danger because that was not my intent. Thanks for the wake up call.

Mike
  13. Phish

Phish Fishbone

Oddometer:
    Bear danger is real, but it certainly isn't something that keeps me from enjoying alaska. We do hear of bear encounters every year, some not ending so well, but it is like anything else up here, common sense and a healthy respect for the harsh emvironment goes a long way. I am sure the odds of getting eatin by a bear on a MC trip are pretty slim. I would be more concerned about keeping dry and my core temperature warm.
  14. UncleGra

UncleGra Road Grime

Oddometer:
    How much can a Koala Bear......

UncleGra
  15. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    bout this much!
  16. kodiakfrank

kodiakfrank Gloria's Cheerleader

Oddometer:
    Now that there is a Koala-tee pun that bears repeating!
  17. friar mike

Oddometer:
    Ok I don't think I can Bear a come back of this thread.:deal :eek1 shit did I say that.:shog
  18. squonker

squonker Stupid is the new norm

Oddometer:
    'Tis indeed a grizzly way to start the day re-reading the same un-bear-able jokes over and over again. But we have to panda to the inevitable, and some of us are so sad that we keep prolonging this discussion, although in usefulness it is certainly thread-bear. Too many of us willing to embarrass ourselves for the odd scat-ered laugh. I may be just a young cub, but I surely regret ever starting this thread! (Not true, but it was a way to get another joke in, see?) I suggest that we all treat this as a real-live bear enounter, and back away slowly while we can.
  19. Ride2ADV

Oddometer:
    Warning... do not read this if you do not want to be bothered by "bear" blatherings... you have been warned :eek1

For those of you that can "bear"ly stand this "bear" thread and are "bear"ish on over"bear"ing "bear" "bear"baiters, you may wish to for"bear" from the remainder of this over"bearing", story told by our fore"bear"s, blue"bear"ds, grey"bear"ds and white"bear"ds.

This story is un"bear"able to all but the most hardended tale"bear"ers. It goes something like this....

Spitfire Joe, a "bear" of a man and his pet, "bear" were flying in his "Bear"cat at 10,000 feet AGL. The engine had a problem with its main "bear"ing and he was flying with the canopy open in case he had to get out quickly. Of course, it was quite cold so he had purchased a "bear"skin to cover his "bare"skin and wrapped his "bear"d around his neck for warmth. With this, the temperature was no longer un"bear"ably cold but was "bear"able and he was able to fly in "bare"ly decent comfort. The cold was no longer his bug"bear".

He was thinking that a dram of single malt might do the trick to ward off the cold, but he remem"bear"ed his promise to his lovely wife, "Bear"trice that he would fore"bear" from such delights while they were still in their child"bear"ing years, for alas they were childless. Such thoughts brought to mind the warmth of her body from the "bear"hug she gave him just before takeoff.

Joe could still feel her warmth and yearned for something to warm him and warm him now. He could wait no longer and promise be damned, he opened his flask and quickly chugged the amber "bru-in" (get it?). :evil

Emboldened by the thought of "Bear"tice's warm embrace and the contents of a complete flask of single malt, Joe threw the "Bear"cat into a "Bear"el roll the likes of which "Bear"on Von Richtofen could not hope to emulate. However, he had failed to buckle his seat belt and plummeted to earth "bear"ly missing a group of trappers carrying the pelts of many fur"bear"ing animals.

When the news of Joe's death hit the town, it was un"bear"able to many, with many people weeping un"bear"abley for days. A funeral was held with many pall"bear"ers; for Joe had been well liked and loved.

But two days later, Joe marched into town, for it was not Joe that fell to earth, but his "bear"skin and his pet, "bear".

You may not believe this story, but it is in fact... "bare"ly possible....
  20. friar mike

Oddometer:
    :thumbup ok that was the best :flug you had to have burn alot of brain cells to get that one BEARLY out:lol3 balls in your court K.F.