Yet another Nova Scotia trip plan (this one from NJ)

Discussion in 'Americas' started by NJ650, Jan 5, 2009.

1. kl Richard

kl Richard This is a Dark Ride!!

Oddometer:
    Ojmay....an outfit in Maitland offers tours....very rough, wet, and a little muddy!!!!

They supply dry raingear, but the water still seeps in!! Bring a change of clothes! Other than those issues, hang on and enjoy the ride; oh I almost forgot, some of less than enthusiastic; or hungover types, have been known to vomit!!! All part of the fun eh!!!!
  2. NJ650

NJ650 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  3. pckopp

pckopp Aged Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My wife and I are in Gaspe, Que as I type. We just finished a week in Nova Scotia, a few days in PEI and two in NB. Today we rode from Campbellton to Gaspe, an exceptional ride with great ocean scenery.

We stayed an extra day in Sydney as Bill came by and in Campbellton Sunday as it rained all day there. We should have crossed the bridge to Quebec and found a nicer hotel on the north shore someplace. There are lots! Otherwise the weather has been fantastic.

Don't miss Cape Breton, Meat Cove and the Atlantic coast between Halifax and Sydney. The little $5 cable ferry rides are a hoot. We enjoyed Digby and had excellent scallops.

I thought PEI was as photogenic a place I have ever been. Charlottetown has good food and excellent espresso. Fun to walk around downtown.

The Gaspe Penninsula is as good as it gets, so far. Around to the north tomorrow and on toward Quebec City.

Life is good.