Yet Anothet Tobinator Report

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Kaumajet, Sep 19, 2003.

1. Kaumajet

Kaumajet H.I.D. Positive

Oddometer:
    OK, so I just got back from a 10,000 km run to western Canada with my new Tobinators installed with my Givi screen. Here are the results.

Wow. BT (before Tobinators), I could not drive to the corner store without earplugs. A long day in the saddle would have my ear canals burning with the pain of having plugs for 12 hours, and my headache from the constant pounding would have me running for the Advil bottle.

Not any more. Ten thousand kilometres (6000 miles) of everything from steady 140 km/h (80 mph) touring to 160 km/h (100 mph) bursts. No head pounding, NO EARPLUGS. Not even once. Not even during the four-and-a-half-day high-speed sprint across half of Canada to get home. Ten to 12 hours a day.

Well done Andrew. My brain and ears thank you. :ear
  2. Tobers

Tobers Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Brad - many thanks for the glowing report. Sounds like you had a monster trip.

By the way, I have finally gotten round to wiring up my lights which are in your light bar. I'll get some pics sorted out and post up a review in the next few days. Just in time for winter...

Cheers

Tobers
  3. Kaumajet

Kaumajet H.I.D. Positive

Oddometer:
    Sounds good Tobers.

By the way, I forgot to mention the thing I like best about the Tobinators - I can now use the snap-forward feature on my Schuberth visor for de-fogging without getting my head shaken about like it was on a frikken spring. Visor forward and ZERO vibration. These things rock Dude.
  4. CroMag

CroMag Gelande Sauté It

Oddometer:
    I've had the Anti-Buffeting-ators on the GS for about a month now and HOLY CRAP what an improvement!

They even survived the mini-GS ride in Vermont last weekend after having way too much coffee at DukeGirl and Vespafitz' brunch.

I was gonna model the windscreen and bike in 3D CAD software, perform a computational-fluid-dynamics analysis, then build some prototypes to try and eliminate the buffeting, but then I saw Tober's idea and for just a few quid, I had a solution. And they come in black. Zen.:dj
  5. Barry

Barry Just Beastly

Oddometer:
    I need to order some of those ASAP. I get no buffeting, but I get a goddman ROAR! from the wind. And I have a nice quiet helmet!

SUCKS!

I'm calling today...

Barry