1. VesADV

VesADV Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well, figured it was about time I introduced myself. Been a member of this board for a while, but I usually get stuck at the opening photos... then I get overwhelmed with all the daily post... and then it's time to go...

Been riding bikes long as I can remember.... now mostly hang out at the R1150R.ORG board... I've had a couple of R1150R Rocksters... This one:

[​IMG]

Man, I loved that bike.... Then on my trip to CA this year I got rear ended/sandwiched in Santa Cruz and this happened :cry... bike was totaled...

[​IMG]

Now I have this:

[​IMG]
    Main changes from stock are Ohlins and short paralever arm to raise the rear, shorten wheelbase, and speed up the handling...

Longest trip I've ever taken was the CA trip this year... 3000 miles on the bike in about 4.5 days... Best roads were probably CalianteBudfish Road in CA, and 141 South of Gateway CO.

I definitely don't mind taking the occasional gravel road and seeing where it leads...

[​IMG]

This year has been quite a year... but I feel something bigger coming on...
  2. Biff's R

Biff's R Hill William

Oddometer:
    Hi Ves.

Why would you ride to Cali, when you can go to WV?
  3. VesADV

VesADV Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Biff's R? ... you hang out here too?

Well, I had to do it once, right?

Arkansas this fall is going to be my first southern trek... Tell you what though, two years ago I had plans to do a souteastern loop, which got totally rained out. Maybe that's what I'll do for next year's big trip... TN, KY, VW, ... go see the East coast... :nod
  4. Ajacks

Ajacks "Not in the face"

Oddometer:
    Hey Ves, I'm not far from you, 104 and western
  5. VesADV

VesADV Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You're practically next door... I'm near 119th and Cicero... We'll have to do some rides. I occasionally like to take the back roads down to to Starved Rock... best ride in the area... takes a few hours.

Dang, you have enough bikes?
  6. Ajacks

Ajacks "Not in the face"

Oddometer:
    NO in fact, I need at least two more, a 610 husky and a yellow goldwing