'You are going to die' ....

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Kamchat, Jan 10, 2010.

1. JoeFab

JoeFab Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Damn shame , r.i.p. 'kam'...j.f.
    Kamchat and Little Kamchat like this.
  2. ItsNotTooLate

ItsNotTooLate Adventurer

Oddometer:
    About 30 years ago I visited Scotland to see where my grandmother grew up. I was sad when I left, as I'm sure many people are when leaving a country they figure they will never see again. But that is the gift Kamchat gave me. I always looked forward to his posts with the amazing photos, photos that made me feel like I was there. I know that there was so much more to this man than what he shared here and I am sorry for the people close to him and for their loss.
    Kamchat, IronButt70, kinkster and 4 others like this.
  3. Little Kamchat

Little Kamchat n00b

Oddometer:
    This sounds like him :) he liked a good pursuit! He has never changed, when we lived out near loch Lomond he used to have the Suzuki Hayabusa (that weighed a tonne!) and I used to love being on the back of it with him along the stocky muir road, when the sun was out he would make the most of it and get out in the evenings to enjoy the last bit of light of the day on the bike. I remember him telling us about the story of Jimmy breaking his collar bone and yet continuing to rode back.
    shuswap1, Oms, ehbt and 2 others like this.
  4. limeymike

limeymike Who Me?

Oddometer:
    I miss Kam's posts, Just tough after many years checking the thread and then nothing. . . . . Really hits home.
  5. TerryK

TerryK Ulysses

Oddometer:
    Shocking news, RIP mate
    Kamchat and Little Kamchat like this.
  6. jeffmackvision

jeffmackvision Boob man

Oddometer:
    RIP. Your posts and advice help make my visit to and riding around Scotland a trip to remember.
    Tailwinds amigo
    Kamchat, Little Kamchat and ullukk like this.
  7. Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    God bless you Kam, I spent many hours over the past years waiting for more and enjoying your post's and Pictures. You had a knack for picture taking and taking us with you in them. The world of riders has lost an amazing fellow rider. Rest in Peace Rider.

R.I.P. Rider.png
  8. BigEasy

BigEasy Fish Eyed Heathen

Oddometer:
    Damn it. This is a kick in the gut.

@Little Kamchat my thoughts and prayers for your family.

I thoroughly enjoyed his postings and zeal for life.

RIP Kam
  9. Vtrrookie

Vtrrookie Look it's that Dutch Guy!!

Oddometer:
    I stumbled on this thead looking for inspiration for a Scotland trip in the near future. And inspiration I got!
    My toughts are with you and your family, little kamchat.
    This thread for me feels like a tribute to a man who was living life fully. I sincerly hope that his memory will live on in his pictures and words for a long time.

:2cry
  10. hondated

hondated Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Totally agree Mike. John aka Kam certainly knew how to take a photo and his words made you feel you were riding along with him. He is certainly missed by many.
    Kamchat, Little Kamchat, Oms and 3 others like this.
  11. dixiethedog

dixiethedog Day tripper

Oddometer:
    I havent been on here for a good while, so I'm devastated to hear this sad new's. I had no idea. Like all of you I enjoyed reading Kam's post's and always enjoyed his photo's. RIP Kamchat, my thought's are with your family and friends.
  12. Blader54

Blader54 Long timer

Oddometer:
    bump
    Kamchat, Little Kamchat and ullukk like this.
  13. Greenhopper

Greenhopper Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ride in Peace Kam, I really enjoyed your photography, I hope it stays up here to inspire others as well.
  14. ullukk

ullukk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    On my biking hols up in Bonnie Scotland at the moment and was having a conversation with the missis about Kammy, met up with him on the road briefly a few years ago and he seemed like a all round good guy, thanks to Kams great thread I've got to visit a few lovely places that I would have probably passed by or missed.
    Kamchat, Little Kamchat, Oms and 3 others like this.
  15. Oms

Oms Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have been following Kam's thread for a couple of years. Enjoyed them all except the time he was under suspension and couldnt ride, even then he made the best of it. As a son of displaced Scott's and having been to Scotland i loved his pictures and reports. Many of the places he posted pictures of I recognized . We shared messages a few times and I looked forward to meeting and riding with him on my next visit.
    RIP Brother
    Oms
  16. ullukk

ullukk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Getting near the end of my current biking holiday up in Bonnie Scotland now, last couple of nights in the borders before heading south homeward bound, couple of days ago I was on Fife trying to dodge the heavy rain (which we did quite well I must add) and I remember Kammy mentioning Anstruther and its excellent fish and chips so decided to stay there the night whilst in the area, nice little place and yes the fish and chips was excellent!!.
    Thanks again to him and his great thread, another place gladly visited that I would have probably passed by if not for Kam's inspiration.
  17. bubu

bubu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Bro time is passing slowly but i miss you more and more each day...

hope you can ride where you are

:cry:cry:cry:cry
  18. Edgecrusher

Edgecrusher Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I m not going very often anymore on the ADV forum, but that's a very sad news ... RIP... It was always a pleasrure to read his posts... Thanks for sharing your passion and photos with us... Ride for Ever!...
  19. AZLarry

AZLarry Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I will miss Kam's posts.
    Probably forever.
    Bless you, brother.
  20. bubu

bubu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Kam is alive in our hearts forever!!!

He was my friend, noooo HE IS MY FRIEND for eternity...

So each time i ride, on track on road, i have a thought to him.

kam, all of you, I, we are born with this damn passion, we need it to be alive, and there is a price to pay sometimes...
    We miss the fallens, but we still ride again and again, cause we are free minds like Kam was.

If you are all agree we can let alive this part of Kam's life, with respect and beautiful pictures when we had ones.