'You are going to die' ....

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Kamchat, Jan 10, 2010.

1. K7TNT

K7TNT Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    R.I.P. ride on
  2. IronButt70

IronButt70 You don't have to be crazy to do this but it helps

Oddometer:
    Being relatively new here I just stumbled upon this thread. My heartfelt condolences to all of Kamchats family for this terrible tragedy. Cherish the memories.
  3. CMS

CMS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I hope little Kamchat and Sarah are doing well. Your both a part of this thread and will be always. I know I, and many more , follow along and enjoy this thead and all who contribute to it. cms
  4. Deltron

Deltron Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Rest in peace Kamchat.

I remember when I first joined this forum I went through this thread and the 85 or so pages that existed then in one night. Kamchat inspired me and my pursuit to ride during the winter months when the roads where covered in snow. I was still only getting into motorcycling at that point in my life being only 18. Kamchat's journeys have always been a pleasure to experience and I have thought back many times on the memories he shared through his photographs. It is sad to hear this has happened, I don't often post anymore, but I always did enjoy coming back to this one thread to see where Kamchat had been riding. Kamchat thank you for sharing your joy of motorcycling and being an inspiration to me and riding.
  5. Little Kamchat

Little Kamchat n00b

Oddometer:
    CC2AC6C2-D9A4-4201-95EB-41A53580D02F.jpeg C0571688-2761-4DDB-B895-24788A798DE6.jpeg 57085250-5F1E-4D9E-93D7-F2FE06584229.jpeg 031FD6A8-2F5E-41BB-9C52-8B5DF776BB3C.jpeg Have always said I would never get on the back of anyone else’s bike apart from my dad’s but last weekend I made an exception and weighed down the back of Douglas’s instead (One of my little brothers) Lots of tweed and suits to raise money for prostate cancer awareness and mens mental health. The Distinguished Gentlemans tide. No sports bikes allowed so Dad wouldn’t have been joining in but he certainly wouldn’t have missed the opportunity to take some pics!
  6. CuberBob

CuberBob Starter

Oddometer:
    Oh my gosh.. I'm just now learning of this. So sorry.
    Kam is the reason I went riding in Scotland when the opportunity arose back in 2012. I missed meeting up with him by a mere moment. Shattered to hear about his fate.
    I know many have said it better, but he does live on in the lives and people he touched. Condolences.
    Apparently we stood at the same spot 1 day apart..

Attached Files:

Kamchat, ullukk, tweise and 1 other person like this.
  7. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hello to each and everyone of you and thank you for your messages.

As you may have read by now, on the 21st April 2018 the group lost their very good friend John and well respected biker, and I lost a significant half of me which is not possible to replace. The day, though fuzzy, I will never forget being greeted by two police officers at my front door, it's that 'thing' not one of us as bikers ever wish our families to experiance or indeed to us bikers, but it happened to me.

It's now been a little over 26 weeks and not a day goes by without me thinking about John, he was my world even if I only figure 3rd on his list (see first post). Joking aside it pains me that not only did I lose my soul mate, my best friend, my wingman and my future husband (as we were due to marry on Thursday 7 June). We just worked and although we were not unique as a biking couple, we had many good times together out and about enjoying the Scottish landscape and overseas in to europe and this thread has document most of mine, our friends and his story since 2010. I smile as I write this, as we spent hours sat together as he uploaded the photos from each rideout, so the conversation of the evening was often about the day out riding, but also when we planned our next day long adventure.

It's going to take along time to rebuild from this point forward, but we as a group have continued to do what John would expect us to do and that is ride! And that is what we have been doing and I am sure you will also be please to see that the white GSXR1000 is still in action, albeit with a different full time pilot, me as my GSXR750 is no more.

I would like to introduce to some of the 'The best biking group of friends in the world',

Stewart, Dave, Jimmy, Stevie, Gordon, (me), Patrick, Mike and front Scott and Ally

[​IMG]

Our bond is biking, which had in part been cemented by John and his enthusiasm and often it was he who issued the ride out messages during the season to all . I guess it will come as no surprise that since John passing I was asked and even told to give up biking and I'm sure the other guys have been ask the same question too. But surely if we give up what makes us feel alive, then as I said to one person I may as well give up life.

However my post cannot finish here, as I bring you more sad news. On 6 October 2018 our friend Jimmy who is in the group photo was hit by a car and died as a result of his injuries. If losing John wasn't bad enough at the beginning of season, lossing Jimmy at the end has turn our world very much upside down. I and three of the other guys were with Jimmy at the time as we willed him to hold on but it was in vain. Jimmy was a much loved member of the group and he as like the others have been a huge support following the loss of John.

Our story continues...... Sarah and the crew

[​IMG]

RIP Jimmy
    motocopter, ullukk and TreasureState like this.
  8. BigEasy

BigEasy Fish Eyed Heathen

Oddometer:
    Dang Sarah, so much sadness....

Prayers and positive vibes heading out to you, your family, and your family of riders....
    MadRider777, Kamchat and MadtownMaxx like this.
  9. TheNetworker

TheNetworker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dear Sara,

My deepest condolence to your groups loss. I prfectly understand how you fell as we had been to a funeral of a lost comrade two weeks ago who was lost on a ride.

This really proves the hearth when it feel to breack. What to do?
    Following the wish of the family to stop riding this dangerous machines or continue feeling the power of life and love in a ride?

The answer can only be pure personal. What is life for?

My best wishes to Jimmys familie. Hope he prepared the unthinkable loss well.......
    Kamchat likes this.
  10. bubu

bubu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Sarah

so sad for Jimmy, all supports to his familly

Never forget you are not alone.

Big thoughts from France ;)
    Kamchat likes this.
  11. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi Andy, I know it's been many weeks. However thank you for posting this on here, hopefully we will catch up with you at some point. x
  12. zundappuk

zundappuk Achtung Spitfeuer!

Oddometer:
    A Brit on the Siegfried Line in the German Eifel
    Beyond sad, so sorry to hear of the loss of Jimmy too, our thoughts are with you.

Ride when you want, and posting when you can.
    Kamchat likes this.
  13. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thank you so much for your kind words. I miss my Kam very very much and what we shared and this thread is testament to such a great time we had together with our friends and many of those who joined us for one of our famous 'ride outs'.

We are lucky to have one of the most beautiful places on our door step to enjoy and we will continue to do so.

[​IMG]
    klaviator, Oms, MadtownMaxx and 2 others like this.
  14. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi, thank you for your kind message. Sarah and the crew
  15. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi and thank you for our kind words.

The crew and I were at Jimmy's funeral yesterday and it was so painful me seeing his wife going through the same emotions as I do as like me has lost half of herself that day.

As for continuing to ride, it's hard to give it up. Jimmy was certainly no different as he had come off his bike last year which is document a few pages back and was a shock to us all. But the following year, this April he got back on a bike however unfortunately for him it was the same day Kam's biking season ended.

Sarah and the crew
  16. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Seb and Bernadette for all you support.

Sarahx
  17. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi and thank you for your kind words.

Sarah and the crew
  18. bubu

bubu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sarah please continue to share with us your fabulous country and your view of it.

You have your own style and it is magic too

i have some fabulous pics of John and you, so if you agree and only if i could post here some of them
    Kamchat likes this.
  19. TreasureState

TreasureState A murse posing as a freelance dirt rider

Oddometer:
    Went from the minor groove to the lagging strand
    Sarah, thank you for letting your voice be heard. I have checked back a few times wondering if we would get news of you and how you are doing, and while it is great to hear from you, it is sad under these circumstances. Riders share a special bond, and all of us who read this thread from Kam were privileged to experience the unique experience from the group rideouts across the pond (agreed the scenery is spectacular). How great it is that you would honor the memories of those so close to you like that, we now again share in your time of sorrow.

Speaking for myself, I hope to hear back from you as time goes on and know that you are putting the pieces back together as you are able to do so. Thank you for keeping Kam's memory alive, I loved experiencing Scotland through is lens and words. The world was a different place after we lost him, however I am glad that the thread is still here to go back and be reminded of how great it is to be alive, on a motorcycle, with friends and loving what you are doing. No one did that better than John.

TS
  20. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi Seb, it would be an honor to continue and I think you know as I do, Kam would love to see me and the crew make the most of our days and document it which Kam had been doing since 2010. Without the crew, those who joined us from time to time and Kam's many followers, this thread would not exist.

The odd thing is, a few months back we had made a pact to make sure we took plenty of photos every time we went out, just to remind us of all the good times.... and get us through this winter...
    bubu likes this.