'You are going to die' ....

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Kamchat, Jan 10, 2010.

1. 15's Pop

15's Pop Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    dude, are you reading my mind? I've been dreaming about flying to Madrid, renting a bike, riding to Paris--then turn it in and hanging out for a few days... then renting another bike and riding to Rome... then fly home...

as a "wee-lad" as y'all say (did I get the spelling correct?) I spent a month in England, it was amazing... can't even imagine what it would be like on a bike... you are in heaven... you know that, right?

now, i'm really new here... friend turned me onto the site. but, noticed your photo work right off. good stuff.
    I've been thinking about buying a camera, all I got now is my phone... maybe a GoPro... not sure which would be better... may just have to get both.

may note that I've posted a couple of "threads", but i'll hopefully have much better ones to follow, as i'm just getting the hang of the format here. since finding this site I haven't been on any "memorable" rides yet, but I got some places I plan on visiting/hopefully soon.

thanks for your reply
    hope you have a great 2019!
    martin
  2. AT Rick

AT Rick wanderlust is a thing

Oddometer:
    Not motorcycling but...we landed in Edinburgh, drove over through Trossachs over to Fort William arriving in Uig...overnighted there and then took a calmac ferry over to Lochmaddy in North Uist, Outer Hebrides....kayaked and surfed and noodled around in boats....managed to make it out to St Kilda...which is a remarkable place. Had a phenomenal paddle out to the Monachs in thick fog.

The water LOOKS like the Caribbean...it is much colder.

Roads were very, very narrow and cars play chicken, racing headlong toward one another to see who might pull over first. Passed entire mountains blanketed in rhodedendron bushes. And Eilean Donan castle

And whiskey. Everywhere. Glorious.

Love to go back but I'd spend my time sea kayaking, not cycling...the coast and water there are too stunning to miss.
  3. hondated

hondated Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Sarah sorry to read you've not been feeling too good and hopefully it will clear up soon. Best wishes to you and all of your family and of cause all our Forum friends for 2019 . If I manage to get up your way this year I will let you know and hopefully I can meet up with you and your biking mates. Ted
  4. bubu

bubu Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Happy to see the 1000 ok

if you need something just ask...

take care with the new tires.

and have fun.

hope you feel better now?!!
  5. pierro6

pierro6 n00b

Oddometer:

Hi Sarah

I haven't viewed this thread for ages so didn't know you'd picked it back up, which is awesome! I was devastated to hear about John, read something in a local paper about an accident and it stuck in my mind, subsequently read it on here. So sorry to lose one of the biggest characters in the Scottish biking community. Hope to read about your adventures on here.

Cheers
    Pete
    TreasureState likes this.