You ride it there, I ride it back.

Discussion in 'Americas' started by Czechie, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Czechie

Czechie Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi guys,

I was wondering how to make the most of my aspiring trip to South America. I guess I am facing a similar challenge like many of us, have a plan, have (some) money :-) but have limited time. For us from Europe we need to either ship own bike to SA or fly over and rent / buy over there.

If there is someone who might be facing a similar problem, I was thinking you bring the bike to SA, do you riding and exploring, I fly over, buy the bike from you, do my riding and either sell the bike to the next one or will bring it back to you. You might wish to buy it back with discount to reflect the usage.

Looking at some reports, there seem to be guys from USA planning to ride it all the way to SA, e.g. Argentina, Chile etc. but might have time only for one leg of the journey, just get there or do the whole loop but being stressed about timing.

So here is my proposal, you ride it south, I will ride it north. :rilla What do you think?:hmmmmm

I appreciate there is that possible hassle with not being the owner in the papers so some border crossing might be difficult, but let’s explore more on this idea here.

Thanks.

David
  2. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    Villa Maria Sanitarium, Claremont, CA. USA
    There are always quite a few bikes for sale in and around Ushuaia and Punta Arenas in January. Co-ordinating good weather riding could be an issue.
  3. Section8

Section8 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Would you be looking at this year or 2019?
  4. Czechie

Czechie Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Cannot tell you right now as I am waiting how certain things will play out in our company. Could be already in October or mid Jan, Feb next year. I know this does not give much time but let me know your thoughts and plans.
    I would be looking at something like a month or so on the road.
    Cheers. David
    Adanac rider likes this.