You stinkin Kiwi's!!!

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by motozilla, Mar 1, 2004.

1. motozilla

motozilla Long timer

Oddometer:
    Are making me quite envious here at Lake Taupo driving by on your dual sport bikes and waving 1200 GS's under my nose.

To the rest of you....This place is really really cool. I'll post pics when I get back home but you should all come here and ride the locals off their own trails.

The people are super friendly and the food is great. Hot springs everywhere and the beer is cheap. WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR?

I ran into one of the guys from the board...Kiwi or NZ something...Go figure. I came to race Ironaman but next time I think I'll come to ride dual sport.

Cheers,
    Paul
  2. motojoe

motojoe Arrest Cheney and Bush

Oddometer:
    damn guys and there sheep
  3. Steve in NZ

Steve in NZ scared/cheap

Oddometer:
    yo

sorry couldn't oblige with a ride but have other appointments. am busy for the next few days so can't catch up. this place is motorbike heaven so don't tell anyone

the man u met if he was ridin a silver adv is kiwiadventure. aka Dean.

cheers Steve

PS the best thermal attraction is Orakei Koraki which is about 30km nort of taupo between SH1 And SH5

worth a visit, DeBretts are the best local pools for swimming in
  4. kiwiAdventure

kiwiAdventure Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi there Paul. It was at the Taupo Shell gas station. :thumb Good luck with race.

Give me a ring if you are in Auckland for a couple of days

09 4166353
  5. motozilla

motozilla Long timer

Oddometer:
    Back home now safe and sound but missing NZ. Man I could live there even with the habit of driving on the wrong side of the road that you all have seemed to develope.

Dean, sorry I didn't see your post until today or I would have rang you up. Wonderful country. We're already planning to come back for next year's Ironman and some riding.

Paul
  6. kiwiAdventure

kiwiAdventure Long timer

Oddometer:
    Never mind. :freaky

But if you are in Hawaii at the end of August we could have a beer there. :thumb