your backyard trials setups?

Discussion in 'Trials' started by fiep, Aug 20, 2009.

1. grizCP

grizCP RMTA

Oddometer:
    Yes. 300 2T. I'm at about 8000' elevation otherwise it probably would have been a 250.
    Bronco638 and Yinzer Moto like this.
  2. Bronco638

Bronco638 Nobody Home

Oddometer:
    I saw you were selling your '16 Factory and was curious if you were on the new or the old one. Did you consider the 4T?
  3. sceep

sceep Bus boy

Oddometer:
    Buddy of mine ripped a tree outtah his front yard today so I went and grabbed the stump and larger scraps.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    ZippyGasGas, jonnyc21 and 10K like this.
  4. steadfast

steadfast Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Cleared this rocky area out a bit more today. It’s a fun little spot where I can make annoyingly tight turns and practice little zaps etc. The trees are what will be moved next. I’m going to get one of the farmers up the road to bring his skidder in to move the log debris. More to come sooner than later. C44AC609-A8D7-45FD-BBCD-F2D08B8A68FE.jpeg A8A0BCB3-384D-44CA-B32A-D194E918A104.jpeg DABF9892-C051-45F2-BBC4-F686CD9AB7EE.jpeg 943FFC51-1154-44D9-A5DF-3A1FE188EC55.jpeg
    LemmeTry, riabma77, Huzband and 3 others like this.
  5. BEEF706

BEEF706 King of the dumb dab

Oddometer:
    36FDE0B9-EE66-4A3F-94FD-001613BFA558.jpeg Back yard trials starter kit? :clap
  6. Brewtus

Brewtus Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer:
    Only if you include the trailer in the obstacles. :thumb
  7. Bronco638

Bronco638 Nobody Home

Oddometer:
    What about the hand truck? Is that considered advanced?

@BEEF706 I see a lot of 'fences' in the desert southwest are cinder block walls. Why cinder block and not some type of wood. Does the wood deteriorate too fast?
    Brewtus and BEEF706 like this.
  8. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Look at the base of his wall, that is a retaining wall for what? I am guessing 8 foot drop to the next yard. He lives in nothing but sand. I am about sixty five miles away. Not a cinder block wall anywhere, unless it`s a business. But we are in clay mainly.
  9. ZippyGasGas

ZippyGasGas Long timer

Oddometer:
    Zippy's Backyard Trials Playground got some use yesterday. There are many lines I didn't try, just wasn't feeling up to it. So many different ways to ride these obstacles.

10. BEEF706

BEEF706 King of the dumb dab

Oddometer:
    Yup I’ve had to replace
    Yes the hand truck is quite advanced, above my grade :jack, and yup I’ve had to replace a lot of wood slats on my gate and side fence since those walls went up. And yes it’s sandy and there is a 8 ft drop on the other side but the Wall is that high because I had a ridgeback/Great Dane cross that would hop on top of It when it was 6 ft tall and go visiting. Oh and Brewtus, the trailer sat there during a rainy season and the wheel nearest he wall got buried up. If I can’t get it moved I’ll try riding it. I added a “decoration” to the front yard too, I cleaned it all 3 times after San Yo church, but flipped it once (just the stump, not me) D3295350-EF35-49FA-949E-653371436612.jpeg
    Bronco638, Ditch, Brewtus and 2 others like this.
  11. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    Another new thing I don’t want to be in my next life:

Zippy’s skid plate! :rofl

Looking good and lots of fun to be had there! :thumb
  12. ZippyGasGas

ZippyGasGas Long timer

Oddometer:
    :jack
    My skid plates definitely get used and durability is tested.

and thank you,
    So many different ways to ride these obstacles. hours and hours of fun
  13. Bluetonguejak

Bluetonguejak Pretend racer

Oddometer:
    Using the skidplate over truck tyres novice style:D
    (My old 'backyard' - area near country town where i was raised - sorta OT:hmmmmm

Looking forward to my shoulder healing well enough so i can ride the 300 again........:(

We're still in lockdown R2 (since July), so no going to the club or outside of Metro Melbourne yet.:dirtdog
    Been on a 5km radius travel limit from home unless it is for work/emergency care....25km as of today.......
    Hopefully only another coupla weeks and things will open-up a bit.
  14. ZippyGasGas

ZippyGasGas Long timer

Oddometer:
    I like the little twist to the side, that is STYLE baby!! :rilla
  15. grizCP

grizCP RMTA

Oddometer:
    Not really. I LOVED that 2016 2T, so I bought the exact same model. If anything, I like it better - it might be a slight less twitchy and part of that is probably running stock bars now. I do run the heavy fly wheel too.
    Bronco638 likes this.
  16. 10K

10K Trail Runner

Oddometer:
    Which throttle tube are you using?
  17. Bronco638

Bronco638 Nobody Home

Oddometer:
    How much time on the bike did it take you to decide to run the heavy flywheel? The former owner of my bike rode at the expert level and I'm sure she didn't want the heavier flywheel. I had a flywheel weight on my Sherco ST250 but my dealer tells me I may not need the heavier flywheel as the Beta motor seems to pull more down low, than the Sherco does.

I'm also curious as to which throttle tube you use.
  18. grizCP

grizCP RMTA

Oddometer:
    I use the white throttle tube and I had been running the heavy flywheel on the 2016 for 3 years, so I was also used to that. I have ridden a friend's Super Smooth Beta 300 with the black tube and it took a few minutes to get used to the timing; I do prefer the quicker hit on mine, but I'm sure I could get used to it too. The heavy flywheel is minimally noticeable on spooling up the motor (not as much as the black throttle), but its REALLY noticeable on how much momentum the crank carries after you cut the throttle.

I guess once you are used to something, it just "feels" better than other setups. :dunno How are you liking the bike so far?
  19. Bronco638

Bronco638 Nobody Home

Oddometer:
    :twitch Haven't ridden it yet. When I sold the Sherco, the 2T oil and a gas can of premix went with it. I didn't remember that until I went out to mix up some gas this past Saturday. No 2T oil = no riding. :bluduh My dealer rode it for about 20 minutes in order to adjust the carb for Chicago-land (bike was ridden in/around Montrose CO). He must have burnt up what was left in the tank. The bike ran for about 45 seconds before quitting.

I should have some 2T oil tomorrow, thanks to Amazon. I'll be sure to let you know what I think. :thumb
    LemmeTry, Brewtus and grizCP like this.
  20. Bronco638

Bronco638 Nobody Home

Oddometer:
    Take 2. Oil arrived and I took it for a short spin before the rain hit yesterday afternoon. Seems very familiar right out of the box. I do seem to be able to make tight turns and balance pretty easily. In that respect, it's better than the Sherco. It has the white throttle tube (as I would expect, based on the PO) and I may switch to the black one. It does seem to have enough low end "oomph" that I may skip the heavier flywheel. Although, 2nd gear seems a little tall. I may dial down the c/s sprocket one tooth (granted, I'm not sure what's on there now). I need lots of TBS practice but it didn't feel like starting over. My tried & true start up procedure works the same as it did on my previous Shercos. For that, I'm happy. Also, it doesn't seem to require much choke before it's warm enough to idle without it. I rode for a good 15 minutes and the fan never ran. I need the weather to cooperate some as my yard is doubling as my practice lot and I don't want to tear it up too much.
    grizCP likes this.