1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Your favorite road?

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by Qwik, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Qwik

Qwik Adrenaline Addict

Oddometer:
    Where is it? I found a new favorite.
    I turned off of 80 at Hwy 393/191 and discovered one of the best roads I have ever ridden. It included high speed sweepers, tight technical turns, Switcbacks that would have your Knee firmly on the ground all the way through. I saw a herd of Elk led by one of the nicest looking Bull Elks I have ever seen. He had a harem of about 25 Cows and a couple smaller bulls in the group.I rode Across the dam at Flaming Gorge Reservoir (Look up the road on Google Maps Its Incredible) Just after I crossed the Dam was a bridge over Cart Creek About a half mile after the bridge was this sweeping right hander that had me wanting to touch the bags down. Sweet Even Pavement that was racetrack smooth with lots of grip. 191 T'd into 44/191 and was another great stretch of pavement. I went past a HUGE mine and thats where some of the best twisties and switchbacks were in that area. I know why the Utah Guys dont post much. They are out Railin this road.
  2. enigmatic_redhabu

enigmatic_redhabu I really wanna be....

Oddometer:
    My favorite roads is anywhere road less travel (Colorado high mountain dirt 4x4 roads)
  3. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    any road I haven't ridden before is my favorite :ricky
  4. doc_ricketts

doc_ricketts Thumper jockey Supporter

Oddometer:
    One of my favorites is right in your backyard. Castle Creek Road right on by Ashcroft and to Pearl Pass. The twisties on Castle Creek road pavement are very nice with enough ripples in the blacktop to give the front forks a workout, the aspens are huge and when the pavement gives out the dirt just keeps getting better and better.
  5. Shuffler

Shuffler Hommes Grande

Oddometer:
    I sure do enjoy Peak to Peak Hwy between Coal Creek & Hwy 7. And there are plenty of options along that route to make it a fun DS ride.
  6. Qwik

Qwik Adrenaline Addict

Oddometer:
    Definitely a hidden gem