1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Your input is welcome!

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by nwcolorider, Aug 20, 2012.

1. VxZeroKnots

VxZeroKnots Long timer

Oddometer:
    +1 just give us some paypal info I'm good for some cash.
  2. silverboy

silverboy Bunny

Oddometer:
    The brake is on the right?
    Yeah, i guess if he can shift(left foot?) and if budget is a concern, the thumb brake will work. LHRB is awesome, id be worried a thumb brake will not be quite powerful enough. Having a reckluse may make him faster than you, id be careful:evil

Is he tall? Another issue will be supporting his weight on that side. Being close to what used to be flat footed will help. The best solution to that problem is to not stop, it is more comfortable to just keep moving on the bike.

My big ass footpegs are amazing. Made by zipty racing. http://www.ziptyracing.com/foot-peg-ext/
    These will keep his foot on the peg, notice the set screws on the surface, they make it almost impossible for my foot to unknowingly slide off.

[​IMG]

Good luck, hope you get your elk!
  3. nwcolorider

nwcolorider NWCOLO

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the peg picture, that gives me some good ideas. From what I just found out he will have a blade type of prosthetic for riding, that will be fitted with a boot. Not sure on what that looks like, but I can figure the boot out! I like the set screws. We will be making some pegs in the shop. He is not tall, 5'8" 165 lbs. We are going to play with the brake set up this next weekend. Then we will work on the cable and attachment. Last will be the peg. Trying to get this in for under $500. Silverboy, what is your input on keeping the brake on the right side? Will it be in his way, or do we remove it?
  4. thump_co

thump_co ..ouch

Oddometer:
    Ideally I believe you'll want to remove it. No need to have an extra rear master cylinder in the system if it's not going to be used. You should get a more powerful, reliable and consistent feel out of the rear hand/thumb brake if it's the only master cylinder in the system.
  5. Krang

Krang Rides with hippies

Oddometer:
    Local inmate here who's currently on the road so there's not much that I can do. I would like to help if I can in any way. . if those footpegs would help, LMK where to have them shipped.
  6. nwcolorider

nwcolorider NWCOLO

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the offers of stuff guys. The two friends I have are wanting to fab up the pegs, These guys are unbelievable and have the skills and the tools to make anything. We will be getting some pics up when we get started this weekend. Going to start with looking at a thumb brake set up first. Then I will see if I can apply enough pressure with my thumb to get a fast stop.
    Thanks again, you guys are awesome. Now back to playing on the new WR 450!!:clap