Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Photos' started by Headcheckman, Sep 16, 2011.
I think I have something of a fixation...
Made/modified these to make the old xs650 look a bit more British.
Since the Yamaha tank has quite a bit of a different curve, these modified badges will be used to make a silicone mold. The final result will consist of plastic resin that is skinned with foil (for the chrome parts) and the rest painted.
Side cover badges
Lettering is so regular. How did you make this models?
Good fun and nice work.
Be careful it doesn't develop a leak though.
Basically, modified the Triumph font to the letters I needed, printed it out and carefully bent some aluminum to match the letters. Made a pair last year and am in the process of making a better set(s) right now.
Don't want to admit how many hours I've got into these things. More of a personal challenge than anything else.......
The lettering on the side cover badges are just cheapo custom bumper stickers.
I've put together some pics outlining the process.
http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/nsensense5/library/tank badges step by step?sort=3&page=1
More pics if you click on the right arrow above "show albums and stories"
Quite a lot of techniques that had to come together.
Truly a painstaking enterprise. Whatever the amount of time, absolutely worth it. Genuine striking result. Beautiful color scheme on the bike.
You have earned a couple of these over and over
Was finally warm enough to work in the garage this past weekend, so ran off a batch of new blanks for the Special style tank. Next week I'm making some for the Standard tank. Then the tedious task of finishing them.
Looking great. Most profi.
Once you're out and about you're going to throw a lot of people into confusion... and admiration.
Here's a pic of my bike with the first set I made last year. It was intended to be a "one-off" set, but I got some requests to make extras. The new batches should look better.
Lucked out on the paint job. A kid who lives in the neighborhood did it for $150!! (and even fixed up some small dents). All I had to do was layout the scallops with tape.
Some artwork I did this spring.
RT 2 UP, I've done a lot of these as donations for charity auctions at bike rallys that I went to, they always did well and usually fetched the true market value. Watercolour 12"x15".