Your "WINDING ROAD NEXT 77 MILES" photo!

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by CanyonChaser, Sep 18, 2007.

1. MichaelJ

MichaelJ Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I ALWAYS take the cobbles if the road is open. Haven't done it in the rain, but have done it in snow.

The part I was referring to was the very last bit that transitions to the new road at the bottom of the southern ramp (the new road over the top - NOT the tunnel)

[​IMG]

GPS track in green - you can see where I've been transitioning to the new(er) road, and it looks like there are a few more cobbled Tornanti that I've been missing.
  2. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    It's time to wake this thread up again and I have the perfect picture for it. Taken about a month ago, my friend Buzzy on her first ride over this wonderful road. At this time Buzzy was still a fairly new rider but did a great job on this road. She's getting well past the new rider stage now and I look forward to more rides with her in the future.

[​IMG]

For those who are not aware of where this is it's Hwy 12 between Lewiston, ID and Missoula, MT. West of the Lolo Pass Summit is Lochsa Lodge where you can get gas and food. They have camping and cabins there too. East of the Summit is Lolo Hot Springs Resort, they have food, camping and rooms but no fuel.

It's a beautiful fall in the NW and a perfect time to take a ride over the pass and get in those 77 miles of winding roads along the Lochsa River, the leaves are changing and the traffic is low.

If you get out there and do the ride, ENJOY! Be sure to return here and post your picture in front of the sign.

Oh yeah, the sign on the west end has been changed and no longer has the 77 miles of curves but you can still find the other sign on the east end of those wonderful 77 miles. :clap
  3. LeeU

LeeU Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks LadyBug for re-kick starting this post!
    My son and I have done Lolo a few times (Me many times:clap ) It's about the coolest ride in the PNW!!

I sell him my ST-1100 (2001-- Cherry Condition!) He sells it and buys a HARLEY!:puke1 :puke1 :puke1 :puke1 :puke1 :puke1 :puke1 :puke1 :puke1 :puke1 :puke1 :puke1 :puke1 :puke1 :puke1 :puke1 :puke1 :puke1 :puke1 :puke1 :puke1 :puke1 :puke1 :puke1 :puke1 :puke1 :puke1 :deal :deal
    We still ride,he's a little slower now on his Harley!:lol3

Lee Ullmann
    Rogers,AR[​IMG]
  4. Rollin'

Rollin' does it come in black? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Idaho - August 2008.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  5. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
  6. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    Just where is the 99 mile sign? I haven't stumbled into this one yet but it looks like I need to. :D
  7. tac650

tac650 Broken...

Oddometer:
    That's the new sign that replaced the 77 mile sign it's just out of town up to LOLO Pass. At least last month the 77 mile sign was gone. Maybe some one was scraping off the old ADV stickers?
  8. Elefant 900 Rad

Elefant 900 Rad Hedley

Oddometer:
    3 miles short........Highway 1 southbound, south of Monterey......I slapped a SDAR sticker on the sign too :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. nwgs

nwgs Danned

Oddometer:
    *bump*
  10. UFO

UFO Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Necro'd this thread, as it showed up on a google search as I was searching Hwy 12 (Idaho).

As I understand it, the sign on the east end was removed years ago. Not sure if it was ever replaced, nor am I sure if the west end sign exists. Glad I got pictures of both ends on different bikes.

West end...

DSC00246.jpg

East end...

IMG_0134.jpg