You've got a 4 day break in Oct.... Where do you ride?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by El Guero, Sep 14, 2007.

1. El Guero

El Guero Long timer

Oddometer:
    So I've got a 4-day fall break from Oct. 20-23, and I could probably be on the road by 1 or 2 pm on the 19th if I wanted to. I'm stationed in Lincoln NE. I ride a KLR, but wouldn't mind putting in a couple of 500 mile days to git 'er done. Where would YOU go?

I entertained the idea of a circular route that took me from Rocky Mountain Park to Yosemite and back again, but I think that is too much riding for me to have any other fun. I've had the Ozarks suggested, I had forgot about them since I passed through once this summer. Any other big ideas? Keep in mind weather, I don't know how bad that could get.
  2. jdiaz

jdiaz .

Oddometer:
    This will be the first year I haven't gone to the Ozarks in Oct.....its a beautiful time of year down there.
  3. El Guero

El Guero Long timer

Oddometer:
    So what are the specific places to go/things to see in the Ozarks? When I went to the Black Hills some people had good suggestions that really helped me out, otherwise I would have been clueless. Good camping, food, attractions etc?
  4. jdiaz

jdiaz .

Oddometer:
    From Lincoln, I would probably wander south toward the Talimena Scenic Drive on the OK side, then pop east into Arkansas and wander on some of the triple-digit roads around Russellville, Harrison, and Mountain Home.

As long as you are north of I-30 in Ark, and south of I-44 in Missouri, its going to be nice riding. :D
  5. Virtual Rider

Virtual Rider Traveler

Oddometer:
    Whatcha looking for exactly? I'm guessing since you have a KLR, this particular Arkansas road would be of interest...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was just there camping with the girls ( but without the bike) just yesterday.

I have to disagree slightly with jdiaz about Talimena. It's nice don't get me wrong, but with all the great and far less popular stuff available in Arkansas, I wouldn't recommend it. I leave places like that to the less adventuresome crowd...sort of like a roach motel for HDs :lol3

Let me know what your interested in...curvy paved roads, rivers, camping, hiking, true tourist attractions...whatever. I can almost certainly help out a little.