Yuma Arizona riders?

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Razta, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Razta

Razta Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any Yuma Arizona dual sport riders?
  2. grantsdad

grantsdad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've never ridden in Yuma but I've spent the past 27 September 1st's there hunting Dove. You don't really hunt Dove; just shoot them. I'm thinking about riding there this year, it will depend on other members of my group. For all the bad press Yuma gets, I think it's a cool place and wouldn't mind living there myself.
  3. Razta

Razta Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have gone dove shooting the last two years, its alot of fun.
    Wish they tasted better.
    :rofl
  4. noshoes

noshoes soñando con México

Oddometer:
    I think the closest in AZ would be Paloma Paul, he lives over by Gila Bend....
    Not sure about anyone on the CA side of the river.
  5. Yardstick

Yardstick Hydrophobic

Oddometer:
    There was another post a few months ago asking the same question, so there's at least one! :lol3

I started riding in the desert around Yuma. There is a lot of riding to do and a lot can be done on a DS bike. One of my favorite rides used to be going down to Fortuna mine. Just get a pass to get on the bombing range. There is also a lot of good riding around Blaisdell.

If I get back down there with a DS bike I'll let you know. My parents still live there but my dad had to give up riding, otherwise I'd get him to ride with you.
  6. furndog

furndog at least it's orange Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well I'll be, I thought I was the only one around here. I'm in the Foothills give me a shout, 950 or 640 name your poison.
  7. Razta

Razta Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I live in Somerton and ride a Honda xr650L.
  8. KIC

KIC Proud Army Dad

Oddometer:
    Tucson, we keep our ice in the freezer, Arizona
    Do you soak them in salt water over night? It helps a lot. Then a little BBQ sauce on the grill and 40 dove breasts later you have a meal for one.:lol3
  9. KIC

KIC Proud Army Dad

Oddometer:
    Tucson, we keep our ice in the freezer, Arizona
    Razta,

Mi Valle Madre (Burt) is in Yuma from around October to May. really nice guy. Does a lot of Mexico trips. He is down there right now riding Copper Canyon for the umpteenth time.

He and his sons ride all around there. I'll hook him inot this thread when he comes back on Friday. He will be stopping by my house, probably for the night, before heading back to Yuma.

I hope to ride Copper Canyon next October with him.
  10. wildwilly

wildwilly Old Fart

Oddometer:
    Here's a dove recipe that can be used with every game bird: Remove breast halves from the bone; sandwich one sliced jalapeno between the breast halves; wrap a slice of bacon around the breast halves; use a toothpick to hold the concoction together; bbq until bacon begins to brown; done. Great with a hot buttered corn tortilla, mexican rice, or refried beans. Caution! Remove the toothpick before consuming morsel.

If you see a yellow 1150GS parked at Lute's, or Sprague's, cummon in and say Hello. I'm always good for a kraut dog and a beer. :freaky