1. Clusby

Clusby Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
    Life has decided that I will be spending the next few months in Yuma AZ.... where are some good rides? I’m riding a street legal Honda 230 (The Goat) that will go just about anywhere, just not very quickly. Any scenic trails I should check out?
    AZ TOM likes this.
  2. Todd157k

Todd157k Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yuma is less than 2 hrs in any direction to some of the best riding. NW.. Anza Borrego, Salton Sea. W.. Baja California. E.. it's just a playground. You're not going to have any trouble finding riding areas.
    Laxler likes this.
  3. el Pete

el Pete toda su base

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a good bike for exploring El Camino Del Diablo.
  4. mkitchen

mkitchen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The El Camino is a good choice, but better with another rider. Also, go to the Yuma BLM office and get a copy of the map for the KOFA NWR. There is a lot of great roads through there. It too is a bit out there but worth the chance in my book. I have spent three and four days traveling throughout the area and enjoyed it a lot. You might want to ask about McPherson Pass and Big Eye mine as they are fairly close to you. The Chocolates west of there are rumored to have some good trails/roads too but I have not been down there to check them out yet. Good luck on your quest.
    Mikey
  5. Clusby

Clusby Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
    Thanks for the input, I will look into your suggestions. El Camino looks really interesting but it's pretty remote. Not sure I would want to tackle that alone.
  6. BIG-E

BIG-E AKA; Mongo-E, Sexy Grande Supporter

Oddometer:
    It is, and can be very dangerious if you are alone. The smugglers use that part of the country and the Rangers are out in force. They even drag the sand wash's to see if anyone has crossed them. Kinda skery. One Ranger asked the 3 of us if we were carring, we asked if we would be in trouble if we where/ He said and I quote, "You would be foolish if you were not" He also told us to stay together and not stop for anyone walking. He also said that "they" where watching us the whole time.

Beautiful out there, just be careful!
    DR650SEDDY likes this.
  7. Todd157k

Todd157k Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I believe

mulder-scully.jpg
    BIG-E likes this.