1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Yup.....still got it.

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by Duck_Pilot, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Duck_Pilot

Duck_Pilot Retired Roadracer

Oddometer:
    It's been literally years since I've really put my head to a mechanical problem, grabbed some tools and fixed the damn thing. Part of the reason has been reliability of my vehicles (yes, including the Ducati), warranties on said vehicles, having money to pay someone else to do the work, and just pure out-n-out laziness. I haven't really FELT like getting into things, even though I'm plenty capable, and already have all the tools I'd need.

My new LOUD horns on "lil Miss Duckie had failed, and it's damn unsafe to ride without 'em. So I methodically chased-down the problem, and got 'em fixed. I re-routed the wiring to where the relay and fuses should have been located when installed in the first place, and now the horn button makes all the right, scary-loud noises like it used to. I also fixed the unsatisfactory mounting points on the luggage rack......longer bolt, tap/die set, nut, lock-washer and locktite. Good as new now, and a touch of welding on a mounting tab later on will make it BETTER than new. Got the welder at work, so that can happen at my convenience.

Today's hands-on is nothing special on the face of it; especially to many of you who are fixing/modifying their bikes all the time. But it's just another minor sign that my life is finally turning for the positive......physical health improving, and now a bit of the mental sharpness returning, too. There's a BIG DIFFERENCE between feeling OK, and feeling GOOD, demmit! Who knows? By this winter, maybe I'll finally feel up to tackling those two old Suzuki project bikes on the back porch.........:D

Cheers, friends!
    *QUACK!*
  2. shearboy2004

shearboy2004 KIWIINUSA Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well done Mate!
  3. Osprey!

Osprey! a.k.a. Opie Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good to hear! :thumb
  4. Duck_Pilot

Duck_Pilot Retired Roadracer

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Osman & Mark. I'll take these little victories as often as they can get here!:lol3
  5. tgeliot

tgeliot Topher

Oddometer:
    I used to drive a 1965 Beetle. I always said I could go terrifyingly fast in that thing, and never break the speed limit.